Login RegisterFAQ
Great Stairway Solo
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I've been to the park where Great Stairway, Sloths and another drain all meet, and I finally fully completed Great Stairway, I've already done all offshoots and side bits, so I came to the drain with determination to find the holy grail, the 'great' stairway this drain is named after. After passing some sketchy looking guys sitting outside the entrance (who told me they were clan, but they looked too young) I speedwalked deep into the depths of the drain. I love RCPs, but I HATE mummy tunnels because they always seem to have me walking in the murky, sometimes stagnant water. After passing the linking tunnel between the two parallel tunnels I was further than I've ever explored. With Mac Demarco blaring in my ears, I endured 20 minutes of walking before hearing the distant splashing of the stairway. As I turned the corner I saw it for the first time, damn it was amazing. It was much taller than expected and I stood there for a moment just amazed. I took a lot of photos and turned back, an amazing expedition if you ask me.

Next, I'm planning to conquer Sloth's Tomb, but I noticed the entrance has a lot of water and I'd just want to know how much water I'd have to wade to get to solid ground.

Would anyone like photos?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
First minute...
Check out my YouTube account >here<
By
Ahh Great Stairway. One of my all time favourites.
Top tip if you don't want wet feet. Take the right hand pipe at the chandelier chamber and cross back into the left hand pipe via the cross pipe just after the guestbook (don't forget to sign your name).
As your next challenge find the fish room. (Idk why it's called that but you'll know it when you find it. Left hand wall. Enjoy the slippery round red brick on your way).

Sloth's, as Dougo's video probably shows, is less daunting than it seems. 5m or so of maximum knee deep water, then you're home free. Get the pipe splits right and do it all the way through to the inflow :?

The drain downstream from Sloth's is Dougo's. Nice drain for a Sunday stroll however the outflow is unavoidably wet if you decide to exit it. Somewhere around knee height from memory, perhaps a tad more.

And yes we'd very much like photos.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:
24 May 2024, 6:40 pm
Somewhere around knee height from memory, perhaps a tad more.
Thigh high last I was there, but I don't mind getting wet :lol:
There are Toads in the Tunnels, In the Tunnels there are Toads https://tunneltoads.neocities.org
By
Echo wrote:
24 May 2024, 6:40 pm
Somewhere around knee height from memory, perhaps a tad more.
I think it was around 45 cm deep when me and some mates did it in summer. (a couple of plastic bags over your legs and your golden)
all thrills, no frills.
By
myth_in_drains wrote:
22 May 2024, 10:36 pm
After passing some sketchy looking guys sitting outside the entrance (who told me they were clan, but they looked too young)

All young people are sketch especially the ones in the clan. Don't get me started on the ones that go in drains now those guys are trouble ;) no clue who they could of been perhaps claiming clan is the next big trend? :shock:
 Post a reply
Go