Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink

Just one photo from a family trip during the long weekend. :D
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Nice composition but it could do with some cropping and post-processing. There is too much negative space with the sky which can be fixed with cropping. The colour cast is a bit strange, I understand you tried to HDR but it seems you did not get enough EV stops to achieve the desired effect and in combination with the lighting conditions it is not ideal. Also crush the blacks and reduce highlights in order to get rid of the over-exposed nature of the shot and it'll make the three sisters pop.

tl;dr

Shoot in RAW and edit in Light Room, keep rule of thirds in mind and work on your colours
By
hawkeye5086 wrote: tl;dr

Shoot in RAW and edit in Light Room, keep rule of thirds in mind and work on your colours
Solid advice!

I used to be morally opposed to post processing but then I saw the light (Room) and it's phenomenal how much it helps.
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
mpi wrote:

Solid advice!

I used to be morally opposed to post processing but then I saw the light (Room) and it's phenomenal how much it helps.
I used to at least do a little adjustment with brightness and contrast in Paint.NET (not the same as the Microsoft offering), then... I found Lightroom. :lol:
By
mpi wrote:

Solid advice!

I was the exact same, it can make a good photo, great. The other thing you are doing what the camera does in post, you just have super duper manual control.
By
With Lightroom;
 Post a reply
Go