Login RegisterFAQ
Bris Tour - 27 October 2012!
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Plenty of members here now, and it's about time we got together for a full day out,
if you're up for it ;)

Being a public tour, we could start at say, Fort Lytton (open sundays from 10am, from memory) then go from there.

I'm thinking maybe a few weeks from now (22/23 Sep).

Suggestions welcome for dates, or any other public sites!

Cheers.
By
Damn, I'm coming to Queensland a bit early for that. I'm flying to Gold Coast on the coming Tuesday (4th of September) night and leaving on the Saturday (8th of Sep).
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
I'm keen for a day out, the weekend of the 22/23 actually works out nicely for me.

Keep me posted.
By
Midget wrote:Damn, I'm coming to Queensland a bit early for that. I'm flying to Gold Coast on the coming Tuesday (4th of September) night and leaving on the Saturday (8th of Sep).
Bugger! I won't be able to catch up with you at all, for I will be moving house this week.
Let me know if your keen to head out while you're here, and I'll let you know of some good spots.
By
urban crawler wrote:Keep me posted.
Certainly will, cheers!
By
Are there any abandonments around the Gold Coast area? Not really keen on going drains, as I won't be able to carry that much luggage to Queensland. Maximum is 10kg... my laptop + associated gear is 3kg already. :cry:

Within a reasonable distance of Griffith University, wherever that is as my friend lives close to there.
By
Midget wrote:Are there any abandonments around the Gold Coast area? Not really keen on going drains, as I won't be able to carry that much luggage to Queensland. Maximum is 10kg... my laptop + associated gear is 3kg already. :cry:

Within a reasonable distance of Griffith University, wherever that is as my friend lives close to there.
Sorry mate, can't help much with that. Old buildings don't seem to last long here.

If you have time, visit the Hinze Dam wall.
Used to be a good spot but it has been reconstructed recently, and I haven't checked it out since.
Probably worth a look. About 20 minutes from Southport.

Have fun!
By
Nuggs wrote:
Midget wrote:Are there any abandonments around the Gold Coast area? Not really keen on going drains, as I won't be able to carry that much luggage to Queensland. Maximum is 10kg... my laptop + associated gear is 3kg already. :cry:

Sorry mate, can't help much with that. Old buildings don't seem to last long here.

Used to be a good spot but it has been reconstructed recently, and I haven't checked it out since.

Have fun!
Is it public or do you have to sneak in?
By
Midget wrote:
Nuggs wrote:

Have fun!
Is it public or do you have to sneak in?
By
It's public.
Like I said, it's probably changed a whole lot since I was last there, so I cant be sure about the degree of access. They've basically rebuilt the entire wall.
Pretty sure you can check it out during business hours, but you might have to visit after hours to find the good stuff!
By
It's a shame old buildings don"t last long in Bris, there use to be a good one just up from central station but last I walked past it was boarded up pretty tight. I have a list a that something I met while exploring wrote up, i'll see if I can copy it over on here.
By
urban crawler wrote:It's a shame old buildings don"t last long in Bris, there use to be a good one just up from central station but last I walked past it was boarded up pretty tight. I have a list a that something I met while exploring wrote up, i'll see if I can copy it over on here.
Something? :lol:
By
Nuggs wrote:Plenty of members here now, and it's about time we got together for a full day out,
if you're up for it ;)
Being a public tour, we could start at say, Fort Lytton (open sundays from 10am, from memory) then go from there.
I'm thinking maybe a few weeks from now (22/23 Sep).
Suggestions welcome for dates, or any other public sites!
Cheers.
The weekend 22/23 Sep is now not good for me.
Sorry UC.

No need to rush this thing though.
Still open for suggestions - dates/places!
By
Sounds awesome! I'm keen..
All weekends in October are good for me..

Maybe worth while sending an email to the people interested on a planned date. I just don't get a chance to check this often enough :(
By
faithinfate84 wrote:Sounds awesome! I'm keen..

Maybe worth while sending an email to the people interested on a planned date. I just don't get a chance to check this often enough :(
You should check this place at least once a day. :D
By
faithinfate84 wrote:Sounds awesome! I'm keen..

Until we come up with some more interest and a solid date, I'll just keep corresponence within this thread.
I have a list of all the Qld members I know of, and will PM you all when it is certain.
By
Late October is looking good for me.
By
I might be going up to QLD around that time. End of semester and so on.
By
New member from Brissie here, me and a mate have been checking out the few sites we can find. Very keen to meet up with people and find some cool s***!

You can look at some (probably very familiar) site photography on my blog: http://notquitehereorthere.wordpress.com/

If you're gonna catch up in October, I'd be hell keen and I'm sure my mate would too!
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
mpi wrote:New member from Brissie here, me and a mate have been checking out the few sites we can find. Very keen to meet up with people and find some cool ****!

You can look at some (probably very familiar) site photography on my blog: http://notquitehereorthere.wordpress.com/

If you're gonna catch up in October, I'd be hell keen and I'm sure my mate would too!
Nice site.
By
Cheers mate. Hopefully much more Urbex to come!
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
We will be waiting. :D
By
I'm rather keen for this. :) Late October's good for me anyway (after 26th).
By
I think that weekend is between my uni semester and exams. Might head up to QLD between then.
By
Midget wrote:I think that weekend is between my uni semester and exams. Might head up to QLD between then.
Excellent :) Great way to start study week imo :P
 Post a reply
Go