Login RegisterFAQ
Ideas for UEGA tour #3 ? - Page 3
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
ironmonkey wrote:So what's the plan? There doesn't seem to be one time and location where everyones meeting up?
If you're from Sydney, be at Pennant Hills Station by 9am for a pickup. Other people have made arrangements to meet at the first site to be explored. That's no big deal. We'll take a look at the pier, Newcastle bunkers and various sites, drop those off at the station who want to return to Sydney, work out own accommodation and a meet time and place for Sunday and explore what we want Sunday. Saturday is due to be hot and muggy. Sunday may rain. So we'll play it by ear.

Which is more of less how these expos go. It'll be alright on the night so to speak.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Details:

9am
Pennant Hills Station, for the trip up.

or first stop:

10.30am
Catherine Hill Bay, Carpark cnr Lindsley st/Flowers dr (Pat Slaven reserve)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Is the expo still going ahead? There's rain forecast for Newcastle.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
We're here
By
Where?
I see the car.
Noone there.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
We're on the site
By
U coming to meet us?
By
Yeah, just tell me which way to head. I'm not sure.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Im at what I think is your ute.
By
And so we explored. It was a good day, but hot. I am amazed that if we had explored Catherine Hill Bay at the start of this year there would have been so much more to see. Likewise, the old airport at Belfield is now housing.
It was a good day, but I think we all agree we went a bit far to check out some bunkers and could have seen better in Sydney. I was hoping we'd have more time to check out the BHP site.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Panic! wrote:And so we explored. It was a good day, but hot. I am amazed that if we had explored Catherine Hill Bay at the start of this year there would have been so much more to see. Likewise, the old airport at Belfield is now housing.
It was a good day, but I think we all agree we went a bit far to check out some bunkers and could have seen better in Sydney. I was hoping we'd have more time to check out the BHP site.
Agreed, I would have seen less if I went myself. Thanks for organising. I think google map has the oldest record of the site with the buildings before being demolished. The photos on nearmap have no buildings and only go back to 2 years.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Glad I was able to catch up with you guys, if only for a short while.
Cheers to Panic! for putting it together.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Yeah I have to say it was a pleasure to meet up with all of you. It was a fun day. I hope my old fart explorer stories didn't bore you all too much. :)

We must do some more expos in the not too distant future.
By
catherines hill bay was great, but the bunkers wasn't worth it. Thanks to Panic for organizing and providing transport.
By
ironmonkey wrote:catherines hill bay was great, but the bunkers wasn't worth it. Thanks to Panic for organizing and providing transport.
I agree, next time we should do something closer to home.
By
Hi guys (first post, will do an intro later). Newcastle resident here, hoping you had a good time up here though yeah, the bunkers are not worth the trip from syd, especially with the tunnels now being sealed.

Is the jetty still up? I'll be heading to Cat hill bay next week with a crew to check out the area.
 Post a reply
Go