Login RegisterFAQ
Ideas for UEGA tour #3 ?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Because we know this thread will be needed soon.

Keeping in the idea of it being a public and legal expo, there's some nice abandoned train tunnels around Mittagong on the old Box Vale rail line, plus a dodgy bridge from hell and some abandoned buildings. But I am sure people could come up with something more exciting than that.

Newcastle perhaps? Anzac / Malabar bunkers?

Do we have any long week ends coming up where we could do an overnight camping expo possibly beyond Expo 3?
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I hear the Malabar Bunkers/tunnels have recently been welded-shut - that won't last forever, but like the mesh windows they put in in some sections a while ago.. it can take a while for someone to come and 'fix' (lol).

My vote? I'd totally be up from some Newcastle sites and the sooner the better i reckon :)
By
If we're doing Mittagong, why don't we do St. John's Orphanage in Goulburn too?
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
actually never mind, i forgot its a public expo
By
The sooner the better indeed. I'm up for anything within a few hours of public transport from Sydney.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
ironmonkey wrote:actually never mind, i forgot its a public expo
things can happen afterwards, like last time :)
By
Cupid wrote: things can happen afterwards, like last time :)
Argh, I wish I had joined *just* a few days before.
By
Midget wrote:
Hey, that's my line! :)
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Panic! wrote:
Midget wrote:
Hey, that's my line! :)
I think you used it for the first expo. Therefore it is my right to use it for the second expo. :D
By
I really want this to happen. :cry:
Soon...
By
Midget wrote:I really want this to happen. :cry:
Soon...

Same.
Long week end coming up soon folks.
So suggestions?

There's some "okay" former rail tunnels in the blue mountains and around Mittagong which are all legal entry.
By
Panic! wrote: Long week end coming up soon folks.
So suggestions?

There's some "okay" former rail tunnels in the blue mountains and around Mittagong which are all legal entry.
Long weekend, that would be an awesome time. I want to meet all the others on the forum too. I haven't any suggestions, but just throwing in my voice to be heard.
By
What about Newcastle on the long weekend? The legal stuff, bunkers and so on?
By
Midget wrote:I really want this to happen. :cry:
Soon...
Keeping an eye out myself.
By
Not 100% in the attitude of typical urbex, but still exploring; Cockatoo Island?
By
*nudges the thread*
By
Anything happening here? I regret missing the last two especially Hill60 and Wollongong and would be great to catch up with some members.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Guys feel free to pm organise private tours if you like.

Official UEGA tours are special as they are about quality rather than qty last two tours have proven to be a great success in every case.

Once admins do some planing and then put it forward to the people no doubt it will be a success.

What fun would it be if we explore everything. in a blink of an eye ;) ?
By
Ok thanks for that.

If you are planning something i think most of my weekends are free till end of Dec except for November where I'm exploring Catho near Newcastle before it gets flattened (if it hasn't alread). It will be early morning that one and anyone is welcome to join. PM me if interested.
By
What's Catho?
By
Nickname for Catherine Hill Bay. Hopefully it's still there. Most recent photo on flickr is 24th October.
By
theedge wrote:Nickname for Catherine Hill Bay. Hopefully it's still there. Most recent photo on flickr is 24th October.
Ah.
By
I see expo number 3 is going nowhere. :(
So, what the heck, is anyone interested in doing a Expo in the coming week ends? I am thinking 2 week ends time, on the 24th and 25th if the weather is good.
I am thinking either a one dayer or an overnighter. Up from Sydney to Newcastle. Or a mystery tour inland to Golbuorn (great drain and abandonment) Or even, dare I say it, south to my old stomping ground of Canberra then further south to the massive Geehi overflow! A huge 12 metre wide pipe.
By
Exams until the 16/11/12. I say just pick a date, time and venue and see who rocks up.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
As titan said, it looks like everyone is busy and has no time to do an official tour.

To moderators/admins: I just want to know if some newbie (like myself) raises their hand, will this count as official? Otherwise we'll just do our own private ones via PM.

Anyway, shoe's suggestions sound good. I'm from Sydney, but goulburn or newcastle sounds pretty interesting.
 Post a reply
Go