Login RegisterFAQ
What camera do you have? - Page 4
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
So just recently got a new camera for my Birthday.
Last camera was also a Sony so it has similar features, and more I have never used before.
Overall seems like a pretty sturdy camera. I can now change lenses!
Sony SLT-A65VL
I only have the lens that comes with the camera but plan to get another lens. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should get for Urbex photography? Budget would be around $400. Less than that would be good but wouldnt mind going over a little bit.

So far have only used it in my lounge room, trying to figure out where all the settings are.
Going take it for a test run during the day tomorrow.
~Aleksander~
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Prob wont come in handy with the type of urbex pics I like but I picked up a nikon 35mm 1.8 for $220 new in bris today. More for pics of people, street photog etc. First new photo toy in over a year, other than a camera replacement
By
No+Pro wrote:Prob wont come in handy with the type of urbex pics I like but I picked up a nikon 35mm 1.8 for $220 new in bris today. More for pics of people, street photog etc. First new photo toy in over a year, other than a camera replacement
Hope you enjoy your new toy, it's a very nice lens - sharp with excellent background separation. The lens is on my aspirational wish list (which given forthcoming third offspring is looking increasingly unlikely).

For urbex, I think all of my photos have been in the 10-24mm range.
By
Wide angles go very well with urbex. I'm a huge sucker for 35mm focal lengths though. (35mm on full frame / equiv.)
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Current Gear
I tend to change cameras quite often due to moderate GAS, but here's my line-up for now. I'm missing my X100S, but the iPhone is doing an alright job of filling the small camera needs.

Canon 70D
The best Canon crop sensor body in my opinion. The 7D2 is nice, but no flippy screen. Also for that price, you might as well get a 6D + lens.

Canon 350D
A throwaway body I bought for nothing. Thinking of painting it or fixing it up for fun. The JPEGs that come out of this have an old feel to it. Truly shows how far the algorithms in image processing have advanced.

Pentax KTroll-1(mirrorless)
Nicknamed the KTroll-1 by a friend, it's a very strange camera. I bring it out when I want a small camera with an APS-C sensor. Seems to work really well for portraits and nothing else.

iPhone 6
Just because. Actually chose this phone for the camera, otherwise I would've gone for an Android. Nothing of note, except that highlight detail is so low you're forced to underexpose everything. No ETTR here.

Lens
EF/EF-S
Got a couple, but my favourite would be the Tokina 11-16mm. f/2.8 deliciousness. Laugh if you will, but I also have a soft spot for the 18-55mm IS II. I like a challenge. ;) Played with an Canon 28-300mm L IS for a while, and decided it was a stupid lens to have. Heavy and slow. F/3.5-5.6? It's basically a kit lens except in white.

K
40mm F/2.8 pancake. That basically lives on the camera. It's almost a body cap. :lol: I also have a Ricoh 28mm F/2.8 and a Sigma 28-80mm. The Ricoh is actually decently sharp wide open too.

iPhone
Jokes, why would you put a lens on the iPhone?
By
Just picked up a Sigma 17-50 f2.8 ex dc os with Polarized lens filter a 2N,4N and 8N ND filters. The whole lot almost new (excellent condition barely 4mths old for $350 of a pro-photo mate of mine. Been using in and around my property and i'm pleased to punch with it.

He also has an as new Canon 70D with grip for $800, amazing condition, well looked after etc, I just couldn't bring myself to justify that camera over my 60D as my son already has a 70D.
He also has a Sigma 150-500 f3.5/f5.6, ex dc os used once for $850 too (for Canon)

He also has a Canon 60D thats just had a new shutter mechanism fitted, all tried and tested, just not sure on price, if anyone is interested send me a pm and I'll contact him for price.

Regards
UH
By
If anyones looking for just a spare phone to use as a camera, I recommend the Nokia Lumia 1020 as it has a 42 megapixel camera, pretty good for a phone.
By
Alright camera for a phone, but as a phone it's a pretty bad choice.
By
yeah, windows isn't the best operation system
By
picked up a 5d mk3 and a canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II for $5300 with a 3 year warranty..
By
danny_ wrote:picked up a 5d mk3 and a canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II for $5300 with a 3 year warranty..
Nice! Not really an urbex setup/lens though? Are you a photographer?
By
d0dg3r wrote:
danny_ wrote:picked up a 5d mk3 and a canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II for $5300 with a 3 year warranty..
Nice! Not really an urbex setup/lens though? Are you a photographer?

I just take photos for the fun of it.
I bought the 5d mk3 for urbex as i was starting to get the full frame itch.
I mainly use my 24-70 f2.8 or 12-24 for urbex.
By
Full frame itch is me, but have to pay off all my car repairs first. :/
By
Aleksander wrote:So just recently got a new camera for my Birthday.
Last camera was also a Sony so it has similar features, and more I have never used before.
Overall seems like a pretty sturdy camera. I can now change lenses!
Sony SLT-A65VL
I only have the lens that comes with the camera but plan to get another lens. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should get for Urbex photography? Budget would be around $400. Less than that would be good but wouldnt mind going over a little bit.

So far have only used it in my lounge room, trying to figure out where all the settings are.
Going take it for a test run during the day tomorrow.
I bought one of these and am very happy with it. I got it mainly because my lenses from the old 35mm Minolta i have fit straight onto it. Im glad I didnt throw them away. I came close.
By
Backpack style camera case
Cheapo Telescopic Tripod
Canon EOS 70D
Canon 10-22mm wide angle lens
By
Synik86 wrote:Backpack style camera case
Cheapo Telescopic Tripod
Canon EOS 70D
Canon 10-22mm wide angle lens
Are you "Enigma", or is this a great coincidence?
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
By
It's like a comic strip with you two. Accualy is nuggs and Aydun the Bird.
By
Lol, I'm a fool!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Midget wrote:It's like a comic strip with you two. Accualy is nuggs and Aydun the Bird.
Squawk :>
Nuggs wrote:Lol, I'm a fool!
I never did mention this feature haha. Titan originally had a thread with a bunch of pictures in it, but I added them to UCP recently for new users to use. Although, it would be nice to have a few more to prevent potential overlap..
By
aydun wrote:Although, it would be nice to have a few more to prevent potential overlap..
Or we could all be forced to use the same icon... and the same haircut... kind of like North Korea?
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
Who's got a film setup here?
By
Midget wrote:Who's got a film setup here?
I have 3 film cameras.

Olympus Om-1 35mm

Canon Eos 500 35mm

Canon Eos 650 35mm

Would love to get a medium format camera but cant justify the cost atm.

Do you have any ?
Is it considered a hostage situation if someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves......
By
Bboy wrote:...
I think I've got a Canon EOS 650 somewhere. Haha, either that or a 600. I have a couple film cameras, but I think I have to move some of them because I don't have space in my tiny room.

So far I have;
2 Rollei XFs
Konica Big Mini
Yashica FX-7
Canon EOS 600(?)

Probably only keep one of the XFs and the FX-7.
By
Midget wrote:
Bboy wrote:...
I think I've got a Canon EOS 650 somewhere. Haha, either that or a 600. I have a couple film cameras, but I think I have to move some of them because I don't have space in my tiny room.

So far I have;
2 Rollei XFs
Konica Big Mini
Yashica FX-7
Canon EOS 600(?)

Probably only keep one of the XFs and the FX-7.
would love a Rollei 3.5....
Is it considered a hostage situation if someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill themselves......
 Post a reply
Go