Login RegisterFAQ
What camera do you have? - Page 6
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
dpj wrote:
pineappleatsea wrote:Never realised this thread existed! My current digital setup;
-Canon 5dIII
-Canon 16-35 f2.8
-Sigma 15mm f2.8
-Canon 50mm 1.8
-Canon 70-200m f2.8

Other than that I mainly use a canon 500n, minolta Xg-1 or a pentax 67 for some film shots, along with a long list of other film cameras haha
How does the f stop 1.8 go? I'm not sure whether to pay the extra $200 (I think?) for the 1.4
Honestly, never felt the need to upgrade it. It was the first lens I bought and I always want to use it more and more. If you're shooting something that needs a f1.4 though, definitely recommend the sigma art 50mm, that thing is a beast, and that's the only thing I've considered buying as an upgrade. Bang for buck though, the Canon 1.8 wins hands down.
By
pineappleatsea wrote:
dpj wrote:
pineappleatsea wrote:Never realised this thread existed! My current digital setup;
-Canon 5dIII
-Canon 16-35 f2.8
-Sigma 15mm f2.8
-Canon 50mm 1.8
-Canon 70-200m f2.8

Other than that I mainly use a canon 500n, minolta Xg-1 or a pentax 67 for some film shots, along with a long list of other film cameras haha
How does the f stop 1.8 go? I'm not sure whether to pay the extra $200 (I think?) for the 1.4
Honestly, never felt the need to upgrade it. It was the first lens I bought and I always want to use it more and more. If you're shooting something that needs a f1.4 though, definitely recommend the sigma art 50mm, that thing is a beast, and that's the only thing I've considered buying as an upgrade. Bang for buck though, the Canon 1.8 wins hands down.
Cheers for the feedback. I think I'll go with the 1.8, looks fantastic and I'd much rather pay $100 for the 50mm and still be able to invest in another lens than spend all my money on the Smigma/1.4. Thanks again!
By
The new STM is definitely worth a look at. The good thing about the Canon 50/1.4 though, it focuses smoother than the plastic fantastic.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi guys, I'm new (to ue and this forum) but photography is basically the reason I'm getting into exploring, so I figured this was a good thread to start.

Depending on what I'm doing a bring a few different pieces of kit, but this is what I have:

SONY A7R2
- 16-35 f/4
- 35mm f/2.8
- 55mm f/1.8
- 24-240

SONY RX100iv

Film: too many to name.

I'll try to actually post some photos within the not-too-distant future.
By
starting a photography diploma so had to fork out for a full frame and a couple of lenses + other junk.
went with-
canon 6d
tamron 24-70 2.8 & 70-200 2.8
speedlite 430 ex III

so far i still prefer my 70d
By
Currently in second year studying photography.
Current setup:
Nikon d800,
Nikon 24-70mm 2.8 Zoom, 50mm 1.8 Prime,
as well as corresponding flash(s) and whatnot.
By
FInally upgraded my kit

Canon 40D
Battery Grip
Canon 35-80 Ultrasonic
nikon coolpix something
Hero 4 Black
Collection of mounts

I'n the market for a new tripod because the one I had can't deal with the weight of a real camera
Kids need to stop lighting things on fire or I'm gonna get arrested.
By
Did have a Canon 650D with a bunch of lenses but found it too bulky.
We mainly go Urbexing for the history and adventure, not really to take magnificent pictures lol
Ended up buying the Samsung galaxy camera 2 (GC200). Great camera. Have taken an absolute beating with some of the places we've been. Been dropped, thrown over a fence, splashed with water and still going. The thing I like about it is that you can edit pictures on the camera, upload straight to sites, Facebook, dropbox etc. Also have a Go Pro Hero 3 Black.
By
abandocommando wrote:Did have a Canon 650D with a bunch of lenses but found it too bulky.
We mainly go Urbexing for the history and adventure, not really to take magnificent pictures lol
Ended up buying the Samsung galaxy camera 2 (GC200). Great camera. Have taken an absolute beating with some of the places we've been. Been dropped, thrown over a fence, splashed with water and still going. The thing I like about it is that you can edit pictures on the camera, upload straight to sites, Facebook, dropbox etc. Also have a Go Pro Hero 3 Black.
i won and soon after sold a gc200 a year or so ago, never took it out ofthe box, what's battery life like with all that android stuff in the mix?
By
Pretty decent actually! Best I've got is about 10 hours give or take. I just love that I can whack it on charge in the car and do all the editing and stuff straight from the camera itself.
By
^*judges*
By
Got myself a "proper" camera for the first time. Should be fun.
I'm pretty sure you just select AUTO, then press the button thing to make sweet pics and star trails etc.
Right?

Olympus E-410
ZUIKO Digital 14-42 mm F3.5-F5.6
and 40-150 mm F4.0-F5.6
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:Got myself a "proper" camera for the first time. Should be fun.
I'm pretty sure you just select AUTO, then press the button thing to make sweet pics and star trails etc.
Right?

Olympus E-410
and 40-150 mm F4.0-F5.6
You will never be the same without your iPhone.
By
Midget wrote:
Nuggs wrote:Got myself a "proper" camera for the first time. Should be fun.
Right?

Olympus E-410
and 40-150 mm F4.0-F5.6
You will never be the same without your iPhone.
Cheers! I think.
Will still use the iPhone for most stuff, but even that's been upgraded.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:...
What phone do you have now?
By
Midget wrote:
Nuggs wrote:...
What phone do you have now?
Was 4S, now 6S.
It's got a great camera.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:
Yeah, the iPhone cameras are pretty great. I use the iPhone 6 atm.
By
Any D500 candidates in here?
I want a new camera in the 7000 range, though prob won't happen soon.

My Note 3 camera has gunk on the sensor :(
By
Crispex wrote:Any D500 candidates in here?
I want a new camera in the 7000 range, though prob won't happen soon.

My Note 3 camera has gunk on the sensor :(
The D500 is sexy, but I'd be going FF for that price at the moment. I might bring my DSLR out to have a play, as my Sony is being repaired under warranty right now. The D7000 range isn't that great tbh.

I want the new Leica M-D. Haha. Fk.

How did that happen, wtf?
By
trying to decide on, Nikon:
D5500 + Sigma 10-20 3.5
or
D7200 + make do with the 35mm + 18-55 I have already.. i will miss that wide though
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
I hear Canons are pretty alright.
By
No+Pro wrote:trying to decide on, Nikon:
D5500 + Sigma 10-20 3.5
or
D7200 + make do with the 35mm + 18-55 I have already.. i will miss that wide though
You should try the Tokina 11-16mm for crop sensors and the 16-28mm for full frame. They're both 2.8 constant too!
By
No+Pro wrote:D5500 + Sigma 10-20 3.5
I use this combo and I love it.

I didn't look at the Tokina too much when I bought the Sigma as it was about $300 cheaper at the time.

Just bought the Gorillapod Focus + ball mount from Teds for $150, so happy it works with my PeakDesign Clutch.
My Gorillapod Zoom had erectile issues.
By
Decided last minute to go the d7200. Theres a good chance the wide i got wet might be able to be cleaned but not holding breath. Its been an expensive exercise even with insurance.. Think im using the wrong type of cover
By
What type of insurance do you have on your camera?
 Post a reply
Go