Login RegisterFAQ
What camera do you have?
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
As per title,

What camera/cameras do you have and what assisting equipment helps you with the shooting?
By
My usual kit that I take along:

- Canon 5dmk2 + battery grip (soon to be mk3, yay!)
- Canon 50mm f/1.4
- Canon 28mm f/2.8
- Manfrotto tripod (can't remember the exact model off the top of my head lol -_-)
- Whole bunch of torches and candles and stuff for lighting when in tunnels and tunnel-like places;)
By
Im pretty slack with photo equipment, as much as i love it i always end up spending money elsewhere and then pay for it through photoshop.

My simple list:

Telescopic alloy tripod
Nikon L23
Nikon L110

One day soon hope to get a nikon dslr
By
nothing to fancy for me,

Nikon D3100
Nikon 18-55 (kit lens)
Nikon 55-300
Nikon 50mm F1.8
Sigma 30mm F1.4 (favorite lens)
Nikon SB700 speed light
a random tripod i bought off ebay for cheap, but is really heavy duty .

Im hoping to upgrade to a D800 real soon , but gotta fuigre out my money situation first
By
Damn you guys and your Nikon's :P
By
Its always a war between Canon and Nikon lol,

Reason as to why im a Nikon guy is because i know of two great photographers and they both use Nikon. One of the photographers you may have heard of is Emmanuel Angelicas (Look him up).

Also i personally think that Nikon picture quality is somewhat warmer, sharper cleaner. But then again it could just be in my head.

Edit: thinking of getting a used 300d.
Sensor on my L110 = 6.17 x 4.55, on 300d = 22.7 x 15.1 JEBUS!!!!! 300d is an oldie but still going strong. As much as i love Nikon, for an entry level DSLR Canon 300d might have to do as its cheap as chips.
By
Whether it's canon or nikon, you're still making a good choice. I just like to have fun teasing nikon users :P

Nikon do make some amazing lenses, but imo they struggle with a decent menu system. Buttons in all the wrong places :S Warmer shots is really nothing that nikon should brag about, it can all be controlled in the white balance anyway.

I had a Canon 350d (my first dslr) about 7 years ago, that generation goes alright.. but i'd seriously recommend saving up and getting a newer entry level dslr. Much faster processing, better sensors AND pretty damn cheap too for what you're getting. For around $500-600 you can get a sweet canon 550d kit brand new (grey imports ftw). Also.. Live view is amazing for focusing in dark places!

My 2c :)
By
Ok then fair enough,

Could you have a look and shine your expertise opinion as to which camera + lense kit you would recommend here:

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/photo/digital- ... 800-price/

Cheers :)

Edit: I see that Canon 1100d has (22.2 x 14.8 mm) sensor while the old 300d has 22.7 x 15.1 .... please explain lol.
By
my advice would be to definitly get a nikon for your first camera....and stick with nikon :P

but seriously the reason i say get a nikon for your first camera is because of the visual settings on the rear LCD screen are in a easy to read format for some one new to photography to understand. it will really help with understanding what everything is and what everything does . i my self am using a entry level DSLR it has some great fetures for learning aswell like the guide system. but as danger said definitly get something with live view it does make taking photos in dark areas sooooo much easier.

as for the menus being weird i feel the same when i pick up a cannon lol
By
i have the following
bought in 2006
Fuji Fine Pix S6500FD

And a CANON A1 for Film Shoots with heaps of lenses

got for xmas 2012
Canon EOS 600D + 18-55mm IS & 55-250mm IS Twin
http://www.teds.com.au/canon-eos600d-18 ... s-twin-kit
^^^^^^^
now i just need to learn how to use it lol, any Melbournians wanna give me a guide?
My Friends Name is "GOOGLE" he gives me answers.

Code: Select all

http://www.blinkysweb.org/ - My Website/Blog
By
Im on my 3rd Nikon so far and choosing a DSLR is not as easy as i would have thought.

Im tossing up between the two cameras Nikon D3100 and Canon 550D.

Each has its own advantage:

Head to head specs

But leaning towards a D3100 due to better colour depth, lower noise at higher iso,larger sensor and better image quality.
Only attractive feature with the 550d is the auto-focus motor for the lazy "auto" days.

..help....
By
The D3100 dosent have a auto focus motor in the body but most lenses you will buy or have (including the kit lens) will be auto focus lenses which means they will focus automatically.
By
So the lenses will auto-focus even though body doesn't have the auto focus motor?
By
yup thats right!

unless your using a complete manual lens like the 50mm nikon i bought...and barley use
By
Hawkay, ordered my D5100 kit :D

Cant wait to get it!
By
Update, D5100 arrived!..... Thats it fun begins.
By
Congrats!

Looking forward to seeing your results ;)
By
awesome! also looking forward to your photos,

currently thinking its time for a upgrade, considering getting my self a D7000 , staying true to my nikon roots :P
By
I have a Canon 550D with 6 lenses
Fuji X100 (for sale)
and soon to arrive a Sony Nex-5N with two lenses :)
By
Panasonic SD-20 camcorder
Canon 300D (A few years old, but does the job).

I will be getting a Canon 550D and 'hacking' it for the upgrade. With the 50mm f1.4 lens attached, HD video is pretty good.

I envy some of you blokes gear. Wish I had the $$$$ to spend.
By
I use a Canon 550D but most of the time just my iphone.
By
binjuice wrote:I use a Canon 550D but most of the time just my iphone.
Go one step further and get a lense for the iPhone.. dont laugh you cna get these on ebay :D
By
Titan wrote:
binjuice wrote:I use a Canon 550D but most of the time just my iphone.
Go one step further and get a lense for the iPhone.. dont laugh you cna get these on ebay :D
Ive seen the SLR iphone add on and it's huge.
By
Nikon D90
28-70 2.8(older)
50 1.8
17-35 2.8

lots of random lighting rigs (mostly home jobs hahaha)
By
Brand spanking new 600D with 18-55mm lens. woo hoo.

Got it for video mainly.
 Post a reply
Go