Login RegisterFAQ
Bats in the batcave
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey,

Im quite new to urbex and have exploring around my local areas, but after hearing about the batcave i decided to explore it. I watched a few walkthroughs on youtube before just to get a general feel of the place and to ensure i dont get lost. In these videos i noticed the bats are everywhere and sometimes fill up the entire cave, however when i went at around 3 pm on a Tuesday through the river entrance and found there was no bats at all. Im just wondering whether or not anyone knows the cause of this. Could the bats possibly have left the cave through a different exit?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Bats are nocturnal.

They hibernate during the colder months.

They shouldn't be disturbed during winter and breeding season as it can lead to deaths.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I went through Bufords about half a year ago in November and even then there was only maybe 5 or 6 bats in the day, one almost flew straight into my face.

I can't speak for where they've gone but in my experience there wasn't many in there anyways. Only been twice though so might've just got lucky
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
ironfistdoug wrote:
10 Apr 2024, 9:53 pm
Bats are nocturnal.

They hibernate during the colder months.

They shouldn't be disturbed during winter and breeding season as it can lead to deaths.
Bats are the unsung heros of the environment. Eating annoying mozzies, pollinating and spreading plant seeds.
 Post a reply
Go