Login RegisterFAQ
New To The Forum But Not New To Urbex
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi, My name is Cameron and I live in Victoria. I'm autistic and first got into Urbex when I stumbled upon an entrance that went into an abandoned fitness centre located a few hundred meters from my local train station. Since then, I've explored quite a few abandoned places ranging from old houses to a massive textile mill.
Below is a list of places that I've explored prior to joining the forum and their current states.
  • Rebound Fitness Centre, Narre Warren - Building refurbished and is now a church.
  • Calder Park Thunderdome, Calder Park - Never fully abandoned, drag racing strip and former carpark still in use for events
  • House on Scott Street, Dandenong - Partially burned during a fire on July 8, 2019, Demolished later that year.
  • House on Cleeland Street, Dandenong - Property was full of rubbish and partially burnt down. Demolished sometime between 2019 and 2023
  • House on Hutton Street, Dandenong - Surprisingly, this house did not meet the wrecking ball. The new owners did an amazing job cleaning up and refurbishing the rubbish filled house to bring it back to conditions safe for human habitation. Looking at it now, you'd never know it sat abandoned!
  • House on McFarlane Crescent, Dandenong. Still abandoned and full of rubbish as of September 2023.
  • House on Station Street, Mentone - Sits burnt out on an unused bit of land acquired for a level crossing removal.
  • On It Burgers, Ferntree Gully. - Originally a KFC, later changed to On It Burgers. Closed Down as a result of the pandemic and has sat abandoned ever since. Still has the old KFC chicken pen roof.
  • Golden Orient Chinese Restaurant, Narre Warren - Closed in late 2018 following a relocation to Cranbourne just prior to the pandemic. Building sat abandoned but was never broken into. Temporary fencing was put around the building in 2019 after vandals started to try and gan entry by breaking the windows and doors. Building was later purchased by Taco Bell, stripped down to it's frame, rebuilt and is now a Taco Bell location.
  • Rocklea Spinning Mills, Moe - Closed in 2003 but not fully abandoned until 2015. Partially demolished however the main factory building still remains as of February 2024. Former carpark currently being used to store dirt from nearby worksites.
  • Baw Baw/Lions Hotel-Motel, Moe - Closed sometime in the early 2000's and has sat abandoned ever since. As of February 2024, the buildings are in horrible condition due to almost 20 years of abandonment, decay and vandalism. Chain link fence with screening erected in 2015 following a council order. This fence has since fallen into disrepair with most of the screening blown off and holes starting to appear.
108CAM Urbex Joke of the Month: "Take only Footprints, Leave only Photographs. Wait a Minute, Strike That, Reverse It!"

Play Your Part, Preserve Our Past.
Preservation of Antique/Historical items should not be hindered by the Urbex Code.
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
Welcome! Good first post!
I'm autistic
Sounds like you'll fit right in. We all are!
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
dodger wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 9:09 pm
I'm autistic
Speak for yourself
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
ollie wrote:
21 Feb 2024, 5:09 pm
dodger wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 9:09 pm
I'm autistic
Speak for yourself
I am speaking for myself.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Welcome 108Cam! Impressive list.
Just be cautious to not reveal exact locations on here pls 👍
acually is nuggs
My Explores
 Post a reply
Go