Login RegisterFAQ
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi i'm squirtle, I've been doing urbex for 4 years but haven't made an account here till now.
I've mainly been doing abandos and climbs with a few drains sprinkled in there( getting to the city takes a long time) but i'm down to do anything urbex related, even if its the stoopiest drain ever and my back dies. Always looking for more people to do urbex with so if you want to do some hit me up.

Come do Squirtles tomb.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi squirtle, nice to meet you!
By
Don't worry Squirtle's Tomb is the first thing on my list when I get my licence back.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
You should do bangers
By
Welcome Squirtle!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Echo wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 11:12 pm
Don't worry Squirtle's Tomb is the first thing on my list when I get my licence back.
tell me when you're coming down and i'll do it with you
By
Squirtle wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 10:48 pm
Hi i'm squirtle, I've been doing urbex for 4 years but haven't made an account here till now.
I've mainly been doing abandos and climbs with a few drains sprinkled in there( getting to the city takes a long time) but i'm down to do anything urbex related, even if its the stoopiest drain ever and my back dies. Always looking for more people to do urbex with so if you want to do some hit me up.

Come do Squirtles tomb.
Did you find a new drain? Geelong's Frog Locker caused a bit of a stir last week when it went public! (If you're in the Geelong area get in touch with Melbourne Mice)
By
Alien wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm
Squirtle wrote:

Come do Squirtles tomb.
Did you find a new drain? Geelong's Frog Locker caused a bit of a stir last week when it went public! (If you're in the Geelong area get in touch with Melbourne Mice)
its a drain i found a couple years ago when i was starting out. Sadly i'm on the other side of the bay around frankston-stony point
By
squirtle1ismer... redhot
By
Squirtle wrote:
25 Jan 2024, 7:22 am
Alien wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 2:19 pm
Squirtle wrote:

Come do Squirtles tomb.
its a drain i found a couple years ago when i was starting out. Sadly i'm on the other side of the bay around frankston-stony point
Coming back in late, yes I know that one (through my sources 8-) ) but I've never been inside - just wasn't in the mood to ruin my bike shoes with the flooded entrance haha! It never really had a name, but it's good to see it's been "adopted". There's a few others on the list of "not in the major leagues and never got a name" but are kind of interesting to visit from a "mini hydrology" perspective... and I'm not breaking any location rules by sharing the Ungood Frankston Wonders that are Botany: -38.1095758403179, 145.17690617898316 and Banyan: -38.095702715115934, 145.18287328324277

They're biggish but very short.
By
2 Biggish but short ungood drains added to the file.

I don't think anyone seems to care about drain location sharing any more. Besides, I'm sure there are dozens of short and low drains no one would care to explore even if they knew where they were. Which is kind of sad really.
Last edited by Aydun on 02 Feb 2024, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No sharing locations (read the rules)
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 4:13 pm
2 Biggish but short ungood drains added to the file.

I don't think anyone seems to care about drain location sharing any more. Besides, I'm sure there are dozens of short and low drains no one would care to explore even if they knew where they were. Which is kind of sad really.
When you find something "clean" that has not been slashed graffiti, then explorers become ultra protective of it, It used to be that street art only went about 50 metres up a tunnel and stop, now you find big pieces done 2 hours inside. On the f*****g bluestone and redbrick. No respect.

There are certain locations that even the mention of them will bring a stern DM or few. It's often a combined motivation of preservation and/or safety.
By
Ahh yes, Dungeon and Dwellers both have that. Way up the drains in the middle of nowhere there's graffiti. But for me, well it makes it more interesting. Mind you, what I don't like is when people paint over old historical graffiti. That shows no respect.

Oh yes, don't mention "those tunnels", and definitely don't mention Luminosity. :P :lol:

Never mention Panic either, that always gets some sternly worded responses.
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 6:34 am
Ahh yes, Dungeon and Dwellers both have that. Way up the drains in the middle of nowhere there's graffiti. But for me, well it makes it more interesting. Mind you, what I don't like is when people paint over old historical graffiti. That shows no respect.

Oh yes, don't mention "those tunnels", and definitely don't mention Luminosity. :P :lol:

Never mention Panic either, that always gets some sternly worded responses.
What's a Panic?
By
Echo wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 11:11 am
What's a Panic?
Gunny/Panic/*Currently Unknown* was an explorer from about 20 years ago - he was probably on the spectrum with a good dose of narc and BPD but had incredibly poor socialization skills (and we are talking poor for autistic/ADHD drain explorer baseline, so pretty miserable.)

I never had much to do with him but it appeared every time he interacted with people, he would manage to f*** up the relationship in the most striking way.

As a result of fallout he would often "die" and come back to life over a span of years (which is why there is a current conspiracy theory that Gunny Walks Among Us Now and every time someone's behaviour is especially egregious On Here it will precipitate a Is Gunny Back? discussion elsewhere.)
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
Obviously one would have to be a giant smooth brain to question WHY Luminiosity is kept quiet.

Eventually the word will get out to the garbage people among us (for instance the ones who like setting fires), the extra traffic will destroy the location and the place will be wiped out. It won't be "Luminosity" any more.

It's going to happen. All you need is someone who thinks they're a bit King s*** and doing some vandalism, or telling their dickhead mates. It's kind of sickening thinking about it to be honest.
By
Alien wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 10:09 am
Echo wrote:
What's a Panic?
Gunny/Panic/*Currently Unknown* was an explorer from about 20 years ago - he was probably on the spectrum with a good dose of narc and BPD but had incredibly poor socialization skills (and we are talking poor for autistic/ADHD drain explorer baseline, so pretty miserable.)

I never had much to do with him but it appeared every time he interacted with people, he would manage to f*** up the relationship in the most striking way.

As a result of fallout he would often "die" and come back to life over a span of years (which is why there is a current conspiracy theory that Gunny Walks Among Us Now and every time someone's behaviour is especially egregious On Here it will precipitate a Is Gunny Back? discussion elsewhere.)
I bet ya that there's a current conspiracy theory that I'm this guy. I mean I stand out. I can imagine it now "Glad must be Panic". Put me down for $20 that I'm not Panic, but I've learned how to push Ironfist's buttons about him. :lol: I'm guessing there would be a running pool on it, if not, you should start one.

20 years ago. How old would that make him now? Got any other info on him? On one hand he seems to have created a pretty cool Google Earth map, on the other hand everyone seems to hate him so he must have been a bit of a d!ck.

I just edited this because I had another thought. You wrote that you never had much to with him. Did you two meet? If you never had much to do with him, and if you never met him, how do you know "every time he interacted with people, he would manage to f*** up the relationship in the most striking way" ? I mean like every time? Like just his interactions with the Cave Clan or before, after? How do you know that and how could you know that? Or did he tell you guys? Or did someone just say that?

I've seen how Ironfist operates. He seems to invest a lot of time and effort into disinformation about people he doesn't like. His videos are full of badmouthing people. I'm getting the feeling maybe he started a disinformation campaign about Panic and people just believe what they have been told. Prove me wrong. He's been doing the same thing to me. It seems to be Ironfists standard mode of operation.
Last edited by ImGladImNotA on 30 Jan 2024, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
But isn't Luminosity a rock hewn tunnel? Like Pound Bend? I don't see vandalism in Pound Bend.
Alien wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 10:41 am
ImGladImNotA wrote:
Obviously one would have to be a giant smooth brain to question WHY Luminiosity is kept quiet.

Eventually the word will get out to the garbage people among us (for instance the ones who like setting fires), the extra traffic will destroy the location and the place will be wiped out. It won't be "Luminosity" any more.

It's going to happen. All you need is someone who thinks they're a bit King s*** and doing some vandalism, or telling their dickhead mates. It's kind of sickening thinking about it to be honest.
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 5:22 pm
Alien wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 10:09 am
Echo wrote:
What's a Panic?

I bet ya that there's a current conspiracy theory that I'm this guy. I mean I stand out. I can imagine it now "Glad must be Panic". Put me down for $20 that I'm not Panic, but I've learned how to push Ironfist's buttons about him. :lol: I'm guessing there would be a running pool on it, if not, you should start one.

20 years ago. How old would that make him now? Got any other info on him? On one hand he seems to have created a pretty cool Google Earth map, on the other hand everyone seems to hate him so he must have been a bit of a d!ck.

I just edited this because I had another thought. You wrote that you never had much to with him. Did you two meet? If you never had much to do with him, and if you never met him, how do you know "every time he interacted with people, he would manage to f*** up the relationship in the most striking way" ? I mean like every time? Like just his interactions with the Cave Clan or before, after? How do you know that and how could you know that? Or did he tell you guys? Or did someone just say that?

I've seen how Ironfist operates. He seems to invest a lot of time and effort into disinformation about people he doesn't like. His videos are full of badmouthing people. I'm getting the feeling maybe he started a disinformation campaign about Panic and people just believe what they have been told. Prove me wrong. He's been doing the same thing to me. It seems to be Ironfists standard mode of operation.
Pushing Ironfists buttons? Is that the reason you use Cave Clan members avatars from CC forums as your own? Isn't that disrespectful to those members, many of whom are still active explorers?
By
Seems this thread has been hijacked for other means completely unrelated to it's OP's purpose.
Sometimes I wonder if urbex is about exploring or internal politics.
Then I remember it's only what you make of it. Poke the politics bear and it'll poke back.
Glad likes to poke the bear. I see it. We all see it. 6 years ago it's probably something I would have directly engaged in. Though as I get older I see there's no point. If anything you feed them, they don't care about what you're saying. What you're saying is the reaction they're looking for, speaking from first hand experience.
Hence why Doug doesn't directly engage I'd say. There is no point. Directly engaging gives it a point.
Now to go against my own point of directly engaging;
FYI Glad I think the way you're going about whatever your goal is is stupid. You seek out conflict for no purpose. I've not agreed with others in these circles many times but this circus serves no end.
By
According to my dad I'm in my young and dumb phase. He can't wait till I outgrow it.
I don't have a goal. Such is the way of my generation.
By
Kimchi wrote:
31 Jan 2024, 3:05 pm

Pushing Ironfists buttons? Is that the reason you use Cave Clan members avatars from CC forums as your own? Isn't that disrespectful to those members, many of whom are still active explorers?
But Ironfist said that forum doesn't exist. If I was using such avatars surely I would be proving him to be a liar? Oh hang on, that must mean I have access to the Cave Clan forums! Oh my.
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
31 Jan 2024, 5:52 pm
According to my dad I'm in my young and dumb phase. He can't wait till I outgrow it.
I don't have a goal. Such is the way of my generation.
Well you're past your 40's so your Dad might not be around too much longer to keep hanging s*** on you :lol:
By
Echo wrote:
31 Jan 2024, 5:24 pm
Seems this thread has been hijacked for other means completely unrelated to it's OP's purpose.
Sometimes I wonder if urbex is about exploring or internal politics.
Then I remember it's only what you make of it. Poke the politics bear and it'll poke back.
Glad likes to poke the bear. I see it. We all see it. 6 years ago it's probably something I would have directly engaged in. Though as I get older I see there's no point. If anything you feed them, they don't care about what you're saying. What you're saying is the reaction they're looking for, speaking from first hand experience.
Hence why Doug doesn't directly engage I'd say. There is no point. Directly engaging gives it a point.
Now to go against my own point of directly engaging;
FYI Glad I think the way you're going about whatever your goal is is stupid. You seek out conflict for no purpose. I've not agreed with others in these circles many times but this circus serves no end.
We are here for the exploring. Let's get on with it in a positive spirit that builds our community.
By
Alien wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 12:53 pm
Well you're past your 40's so your Dad might not be around too much longer to keep hanging s*** on you :lol:
Ahh, no I'm not. Why would you write that?
 Post a reply
Go