Login RegisterFAQ
Connection between City View and Cougars
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey I've seen on maps that Cougars is supposed to have a connection with City View. I'm planning to visit soon, but was wondering if anyone had verified that connection?
By
Done both drains never heard of or seen a supposed connection.

Critts and Bourbon have a connection and are somewhat in the area so perhaps you're confused. But not sure.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Echo wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 8:12 pm
Done both drains never heard of or seen a supposed connection.

Critts and Bourbon have a connection and are somewhat in the area so perhaps you're confused. But not sure.
City View was built to take pressure off Cougar's (the same as Como Falls with Anzac, Banger's & Dight's Falls with GOD,
The 50th... I'm sure there's more, but yeah, I agree, I can't remember there being a join - although it is close.

Melbourne Darkie has two outlets... 69er... Cunningham... what else?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Nylex, another one...
By
Ruby Chambers and Fortress but it's a s*** of a connection. Crawl crawl mud mud.
By
Hexadus and Macca's Tomb as well...
By
Paramecium wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 12:46 am
Nylex, another one...
Yes!
I used to call them Wishbone drains.
By
[url][/url]
ImGladImNotA wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 8:10 pm
Hey I've seen on maps that Cougars is supposed to have a connection with City View. I'm planning to visit soon, but was wondering if anyone had verified that connection?
Found a pic from last time i was up Bangers. This is the junction just before the bend. Yet to find it on the God side.
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
21 Nov 2023, 8:10 pm
Found a pic from last time i was up Bangers. This is the junction just before the bend. Yet to find it on the God side.
By
Crap, image posting didnt work. I give up.
By
Kimchi wrote:
02 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm
Crap, image posting didnt work. I give up.
What's the URL of the image?
By
By
By
Thank you tech assist team.
By
I've been all the way up bangers thrice, (including with Echo way back lol). I don't remember seeing this? Your description is so accurate but I genuinely cannot remember that metal plate? Is this just when the drain goes square?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Cubtcat1 wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 11:06 pm
I've been all the way up bangers thrice, (including with Echo way back lol). I don't remember seeing this? Your description is so accurate but I genuinely cannot remember that metal plate? Is this just when the drain goes square?
Your memory is probably clouded by the PTSD that is going all the way up Bangers. Tbf I don't recall this either but all that means is it's time to do Bangers again!
By
Ok good im not going crazy :lol:
For a drain so devoid of features how could I miss a metal plate and connection to GOD.
Yeah I was just about to say! That seems like the only way to get to the bottom of this... Fourth times the charm.
By
Cubtcat1 wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 11:12 pm
For a drain so devoid of features how could I miss a metal plate and connection to GOD.
Especially considering the whole point of our expo the way I remember it was to find a potential link with GOD.
By
Echo wrote:
Cubtcat1 wrote:
22 Jan 2024, 11:12 pm
Especially considering the whole point of our expo the way I remember it was to find a potential link with GOD.
With what 5? people doing the expo how could it be missed? I can vaguely recall those black plastic pipes but maybe i'm imagining things??? Maybe the plate was added in the year or so since i've done it but the graffiti says otherwise...
By
If you ever go back there's an easy terra firma exit at the end of the drain, not far up a side pipe on the left. It brings you out beside a bike shop. Also there's a bit of new work. Doesn't go very far gets smaller rapidly. Not worth the crawl unless you just have to know for yourself :)
By
Kimchi wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 9:15 am
If you ever go back there's an easy terra firma exit at the end of the drain, not far up a side pipe on the left. It brings you out beside a bike shop. Also there's a bit of new work. Doesn't go very far gets smaller rapidly. Not worth the crawl unless you just have to know for yourself :)
Yeah we did that exit. Couldn't imagine going to the end of Bangers and having to come back again. That would be actual death. I don't know what I did with the pictures from that day unfortunately.
By
I've only walked it 2 or 3 times. Made several bike return trips that were mostly pain free.

Probably had enough Bangers to last me the rest of my life.

Noticed from the tags not many people do it twice!
By
Kimchi wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 9:29 am
I've only walked it 2 or 3 times. Made several bike return trips that were mostly pain free.

Probably had enough Bangers to last me the rest of my life.

Noticed from the tags not many people do it twice!
I don't think I tagged after the first time.
If only they built the diversion another 30cms high :roll:

We originally called it Phillip's Straight but changed it to Banger's Tomb because Phillip gave away Banger's real name :)
By
Kimchi wrote:
23 Jan 2024, 9:15 am
My last time up there it seemed someone had locked it from above or something but the lever was incredibly difficult to twist. :shock: After a couple minutes struggling with it I had a mini panic attack thinking id have to go all the way back lol. Thankfully with one last twist, just as I was about to resign to my fate it opened.
Not to keen to go back after that one :?
Imagine if MMBW had made the connection passable rather than those two tiny pvc pipes. Would instantly make the drain twice as good!
By
They built Dights Falls to relieve pressure from GOD then Bangers later.

Did anyone find a way into God from Dights?
 Post a reply
Go