Login RegisterFAQ
Methane in Herc's pillars
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Probably gonna check out hercs pillars in the next couple of weeks and I don't know whether I should worry about the methane or not, cause I know its down there. Can't get my hands on a gas mask, so I'm just unsure about how much of a risk it actually is.
By
Alien went there yesterday and I think she couldn't get by one of the waterfalls?
By
what, cause of the gas? if its that bad guess im gonna have to give it a miss till i can get my hands on a mask, or if the gas escapes
By
sakarone wrote:
08 Nov 2023, 8:49 pm
what, cause of the gas? if its that bad guess im gonna have to give it a miss till i can get my hands on a mask, or if the gas escapes
I'm not 100% sure.
She's on here but I'm not sure how to tag people on here.
@Alien

I did it 😁
By
What, there is gas? Is this just a recent thing or was I just breathing it in the whole time wtf?
By
Idk, I've a video of a guy who went in there with some kind of device to check and there was reading of it. He went in without a mask, but I'm still pretty undecided about it. I'm younger aswell, don't know if that changes anything.
By
sakarone wrote:
12 Nov 2023, 1:36 pm
Idk, I've a video of a guy who went in there with some kind of device to check and there was reading of it. He went in without a mask, but I'm still pretty undecided about it. I'm younger aswell, don't know if that changes anything.
if u dont feel comfortable doing it then dont do it its that simple if u really wanna go then either get a gas mask or methane gas detector its that easy
INSTAGRAM:@ue_syd
By
ive been in there 4 times this year and all of the times I've used a lighter in there and I didn't blow my face off so I guess its safe :lol: :lol: :lol:
urbex and flossing are the keys to a happy life
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
People tend to overexaggerate gas in drains I reckon. I've smoked in practically every drain I've ever explored and not had an issue.
Of course safety isn't particularly my middle name. There's people who wears masks in buildings that may have asbestos in them and all that jazz.
If you're that worried about everything you're probably in the wrong hobby.
Each to their own though.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
idk i think jumping into a river is the best you're gonna get in terms of safety :D
By
Leave it then. Probably would’ve gone either way, I just dont know f*** all about gas and s*** so I wanted to double check. Probably gonna go this weekend.
By
ykw i might go later today check it out, I seem to breathe fine usually, either way it shouldn't be too bad unless you start a fire and blow your head off
By
yep im going in pretty soon with a mate
By
inside hercs rn :D
By
It turned out to be the nearby SWOO that f*****g stunk before the last slide into the pyramid section. Will have to try next year. It comes out into a harbour but under a military installation so if fuel is spilt they tend to just hose it into the drain. I was with Critt and we absolutely were not keen on going further... we are both 30 year plus drain explorers and that was one of the top "dumb ways to die" moments. I hadn't smelled something that bad since Nong De Dan back in 1995,

Hercs wasn't bad but it was at the end of a tiring day, and its one of those drains that are best to do with people who've been there before.
By
_pHAntom wrote:
14 Nov 2023, 1:50 pm
inside hercs rn :D
Are you dead? Because if so, it might be gas. :lol:
 Post a reply
Go