Login RegisterFAQ
warning for people who want to head to the fortress
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
i dont know if this is well known knowledge among the draining part of nsw urbex but yesterday i went to the fortress and it turns out someone had removed the slide rope so i kinda got stuck there for a bit and i had to make the dangerous risk to head out through the gap in the iron bars and it was painful i got swept into rocks wet and i was bleeding everywhere but luckily no major injures. i thought i would add this post so people don't experience the same bs as i did. i sadly dont have a picture but there is no more rope to help you get back up the slide
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
UEGA: Come for the lolz, stay for the trollz!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
peter mc peter wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 12:23 pm
i dont know if this is well known knowledge among the draining part of nsw urbex but yesterday i went to the fortress and it turns out someone had removed the slide rope so i kinda got stuck there for a bit and i had to make the dangerous risk to head out through the gap in the iron bars and it was painful i got swept into rocks wet and i was bleeding everywhere but luckily no major injures. i thought i would add this post so people don't experience the same bs as i did. i sadly dont have a picture but there is no more rope to help you get back up the slide
Did you head in via the bar grille, or come in via the top of the slide? The rope was old anyway. It needed replacing ages ago.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
my dumbass headed via the top of the slide. aka the entrance to where the iron bars are

idk the name fully but the iron bar thingys entrance
Last edited by peter mc peter on 08 Mar 2023, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
Mambo wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 5:50 pm
lol
By
peter mc peter wrote:
08 Mar 2023, 8:19 pm
my dumbass headed via the top of the slide. aka the entrance to where the iron bars are

idk the name fully but the iron bar thingys entrance
There are two entrances with iron bars. The outfall at the bottom of the slide, and the little side window entrance at the top of the slide. I guess you mean that top one.
By
is there still a place to tie rope onto? like a metal eyelet? i could put some rope up
urbex and flossing are the keys to a happy life
By
idk bro
By
_pHAntom wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 8:45 am
is there still a place to tie rope onto? like a metal eyelet? i could put some rope up
ill check it out prob this weekend and see if i can get a new rope in i havent been to fortress for a while so ill prob buy the biggest rope i can find
INSTAGRAM:@ue_syd
 Post a reply
Go