Login RegisterFAQ
fennell bay cemetery?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
ive heard some talk from my mates about some disused cemetery far in the bush around fennell bay and was wondering if anyones had a look at it by chance? or if it even existed? also heard about some halfway house so i went searching a while ago and found a foul smelling well next to a half demolished brick structure unfortunately didnt get any photos cause it was heaps ago lols
By
If you've found that structure and the well then you've done better than me. I recently learnt of the cemetery because its marked on google maps. I've been searching in the area with my kids but not finding much at all. Directly opposite from the pump house there is a track that is shown on maps as a path / road. About 20 metres in is what remains of a small bridge over a creek and then several sections of exposed bricks on what was once a brick road or path.

There is a "review" under the google maps entry showing a marker tree and talks of the graves sitting somewhere behind the half-way house which had a well. A search on Lake Mac histories shows some old maps which show the location, which is roughly in the area of the pin on the map and to where I've been searching - but without any luck. Maybe its just all gone? There was a fair bit if rubbish, jim beam and bundy cans about in the spot.

The whole area is marked for a land development of some 500+ new houses under Landcom so I've been interested in finding the site before its wiped away.

If you have any markers or spots of the well / structure please let me know
By
the brick structure is towards teralba, its a bit of a long walk from the old main road but from what i can remember is in the clearing with the powerlines at the very bottom. had another look a few months ago (possibly may-june if i remember correctly) shortly after an archaeological dig had taken place and noticed they left the ribbon markers around where im assuming the graves used to be, i tried to map out the start and end of the brick road and it doesn't lead to anything other then the halfway house. ill have another scope of the place next week sometime and get some photos of the markers if theyre still there
 Post a reply
Go