Login RegisterFAQ
Apostles Tunnel?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Gday long time lurker :D I have been trying to find any info I can for the last two years for the location of this tunnel. There really isn't any info on this place besides Wildstars venture there. Any info to which area I should be focusing on would be much appreciated. I have looked in all sorts of locations on google earth, and pdf files about SA's water history. My brain is turning into mush just trying to figure out which area to focus on, and which areas to stop looking into :?
https://www.awesomeadelaide.com/tag/apostles-tunnel/
Last edited by Ballbreaker on 08 Jan 2023, 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Email me if you want a pizza roll"
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Do you mean the 12 apostles in Victoria?
By
I just realised I spelt it incorrectly. It's not in Victoria. Its a tunnel in the adelaide hills, blasted through rock for an old water main no longer in use.
By
Apostles is a special place, I'm alright giving hints for drains but because someone has recently pieced of one of the entrance portals (removing etched in tags from the 60's in the process) I can't really give out any hints. I've got a post about it that gives a better idea of the area but other than that you're going to have to find it for yourself, like myself and others before you did.

Sorry if this answer is a bit of a let down, but i can't really say much more about it, given how prone to vandalism it is.
Follow me on insta, @grimb0
By
That sucks that someone messed up old 60s tags. It's not like there is a shortage of space for that type of activity in a big ass tunnel :roll: Honestly I am grateful for someone even replying. It has been an on/off interest in the last couple of years. I enjoyed finding Eli's Tomb on google earth. (I haven't been there and well aware of the risks) And finding out how south para and barossa are connected. Anything about reservoirs fascinate me because of the engineering involved. I even had fun mapping the water pipe network from the murray to the reservoirs etc. I love seeing those big pipes when I'm driving in the hills :lol: Finding Apostles is my last location to find. When I get the bug to research it I come to a standstill. My suspected places are on private property, and don't want end up in a wagon for my curiosity.
On a side topic, what's the story with gorge weir aquaduct? I always wondered if someone has ever been inside or if it's even possible? They built a new pipline a few years back. I have drove past there many times since I was a kid and always wondered about it. Anyhow, enough ranting for now :P
By
The weir as alarmed and has a f*** off camera tower (for some reason), but if you hang off to the side and keep an eye on the green shed (you'll get it when you sus) you'll be fine to have a look at it. And to my knowledge no, no one's ever gotten inside the aqueduct. It's small as f*** though so I'm not sure you'd even fit ahhahaahha
Follow me on insta, @grimb0
By
Cool I'll have a suss when the cooler weather comes, too hot atm. True, it is a bit small for a person to fit in lol. On google earth timeline you can see the open channel that was there near the quarry before they covered it up. Would be interesting to check out the reservoir end as well.
By
I just checked your insta and it all makes sense now. I'm not on insta so i never saw your photos. I was checking your old posts here for clues lol. Thanks for a much needed tip. I suspected that area so I wasn't too far off in my guess. Even though I suspected other places :lol:
 Post a reply
Go