Login RegisterFAQ
Underage Urbexer
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi Guys, My 10 year old son and I have been spending a fair bit of time watching vids and looking at draining related forums.
We have decided that we are ready (weather permitting) to check one out.
Was thinking maybe Maze or Greatstairway.
What are your thoughts on kid friendly drains?
Any other easily accessible suggestions?
Cheers.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Not sure why you're entrusting the safety of you and your family with a bunch of online strangers who like going place you're not supposed to.

But he's 10, he's old enough to climb, crawl, stoop, walk through drains. He's probably more agile, flexible, coordinated than some of us older explorers at least!
By
Fair point, thanks Dodger.
By
Mini 10th.

Just keep in mind that if someone sees 2 teenagers or two adults going into a drain they may call the police, but they are more likely to call the police if they see an adult taking a young child into a drain and they will most likely respond with more urgency.

Also, for those out their that have weekend custody of their kid(s), I have heard of a father losing custody after his son showed photos of them in a drain to his mother.

My oldest daughter is 14. A couple of years ago I took her into a tunnel that doesn't flood, but I still haven't taken her in a drain, although she did help me build one awhile back.

By
HaHa, thanks for that Doug, love your work.
Took him to check out 10th on the weekend, was an impromptu visit as we were driving past and I thought we would pop down and see how accessible it was. Turns out its super easy to access.
Didn't go too far as we didn't have a torch, but will definitely head back there for a deeper look soon (weather permitting).
Will keep mini 10th in mind as well.
Cheers.
 Post a reply
Go