Login RegisterFAQ
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Saw Doug's video of the fire and photo of the cops and firemen. Does anyone know what the hell happened and what's the condition of ANZAC like now?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I tried replying last night but it wouldn't let me type.

You probably saw the aftermath photo I posted. Soy took it yesterday.
Looks like it can be cleaned up and painted over.

Obviously this corporate box is history.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
It astounds me that someone would do this. We must restore it.
What about a working bee of sorts? Throw together our efforts and get it rebuilt/painted
Don't slip in poo
By
DuckSauce wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 12:41 pm
It astounds me that someone would do this. We must restore it.
What about a working bee of sorts? Throw together our efforts and get it rebuilt/painted
I think/hope this will happen
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
What? What happened? Got a link to that video and pictures please?
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
JustAKiwiInOz wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 11:07 am
Check Doug's instagram the video is gone because it was a story
By
Screenshot of the video on Doug's Instagram.

By
Bad news.
They've put a camera out the front of Anzac. It looks like you can walk in behind it but it's hard to tell if there are other cameras.

Thanks to @cxf_urbexadventures for the heads up about the camera & sending me @xplrsoph 's photo.

By
I wonder if the water co. will actually pay someone to sit and watch this and other cameras like it... Even then, I prefer to keep my feet dry and get in upstream!
Don't slip in poo
By
JustAKiwiInOz wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 11:07 am
By
DuckSauce wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 9:48 am
I wonder if the water co. will actually pay someone to sit and watch this and other cameras like it... Even then, I prefer to keep my feet dry and get in upstream!
Pretty sure you can just walk in behind the camera anyway. It will make having things like the Clannies more awkward, but yeah, they couldn't even use sensors because every critter would trigger it as they went by.
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 9:07 am
Bad news.
They've put a camera out the front of Anzac.
Would be a real shame if something fell onto that solar panel the the poor thing ran out of juice…
Don't slip in poo
By
DuckSauce wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 1:18 pm
ironfistdoug wrote:
21 Jun 2021, 9:07 am
Bad news.
They've put a camera out the front of Anzac.
Would be a real shame if something fell onto that solar panel the the poor thing ran out of juice…
Thinking about it some more. I doubt Melb Water could get their s*** together that quickly. I'm thinking now that the camera is for the litter trap and nothing to do with the fire.

What do you think?
By
Went to ANZAC a few weeks ago to scope it out for an upcoming photography project. Didn't see any cameras, and I reckon the story about the sensor in the Chamber is bullshit. Me and my mates spent about 10-15m strapping garbage bags to our legs and we waded into the darkness. We copped a lot of dirty looks and surprised looks from the pedestrians, boaters, and cyclists on the other side of the river, even having one come up to us and ask us what we were doing. Water is relatively clean, a tad bit cleaner than the river water. You can see through it. We saw fish in the drain all the way up to the Pillars. I was worried about slippery algae at the bottom of the drain, but for the majority of the way its pebbles, gravel, and dirt. Once you reach the first major bend in the tunnel the water subsides and you hit the Chamber. Spent enough time in the Chamber and wading back to the exit for police to arrive, they didn't arrive. If there was a "sensor", it's either is really slow, or police had more important things to do. After a while, we waded back through to the entrance, sticking to the wall. The further you get to the mouth the deeper it gets, at its deepest, just below the kneecap. The best way to tackle the drain is to adopt the "f*** it" attitude and stride in as fast as you can until the darkness swallows your presence. If exiting via one of the manholes, try to be as quick as possible and get out of the area. Good luck to anyone that goes to visit ANZAC, i'ts one of Melbourne's best drains.
-sep
 Post a reply
Go