Login RegisterFAQ
Preferred method of traversing slides in drains?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
This morning I elected to take a trip to Hexadus and Macka's as I thought they would be a laid back pair of drains to escape the heat in. After reading Panic's Guide I had expected the second slide in Hexadus to be somewhat difficult to navigate as it was missing a handrail, but judging by the way Panic described the upper sections of this drain to be adorned by tags and messages I had expected it to be reasonably achievable... I was WRONG. I spent 10 minutes attempting to crawl and climb up this slide with no success, when I finally managed to scuttle up I slipped on the water stream and slid right back down on my back.

So what I'm asking is: What's the preferred method for navigating slides in drains? am I doing it wrong? I know it's possible without a handrail because of the graffiti in this tunnel and the Slide drain (near maze)

The slide in question:

You can see that all you have to work with is the feet step irons.

help appreciated, thanks.
-Fitzy
@fitzy._.underground
By
Can you tie a rope to higher step irons or the grille to use as support?
By
That's a good question - every time I've done this drain I've entered via a manhole upstream and gone downstream... never thought of doing it the other way.
By
What are you talking about?
Oh yeah, I'm 197cms so I just walk up them ;)
Slide involves a lot of stretching.
I can't remember Hexadus being a problem. Knee pads and a bit of a crawl/shimmy maybe?
Ironfistdoug on Instagram, YouTube & Vimeo.
drainsdrainsdrains at gmail dot com
 Post a reply
Go