Login RegisterFAQ
Deleted
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Deleted
Last edited by Under_Melbourne on 09 Aug 2017, 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you're into drains go check out my Instagram (@underground_melbourne)
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
1. His insta has either changed name or doesn't exist anymore

2. It was getting thrashed, hopefully it actually does keep toys out temporarily so it lasts longer

3. Cut or pick the lock if you hate it that much, guarantee it's a $10 lock they stole from bunnings so it will have no security pins and take all of 3 seconds to open

I get that it's frustrating but it's a futile effort and it by no way stops people getting in, just hopefully prevents 12 year olds rocking up and trying to do graff or trash whats left of it
IG: zero.given
By
Bit late to this thread haha only just saw it. God I obviously don't lurk hard enough these days.

Instabeef.... no one here actually cares. Is this supposed to be a rant? I've talked to Masked because I have a loose association with him and he denies any such lock and I see no reason why he'd lie. I feel as if you have somehow for some reason jumped to the conclusion that it is his lock? I feel like locking Nylex would be a waste of anyone's time and lock as it has to be one of the most thrashed abandos going at the moment. A lock wouldn't last more than a few days I'd say before someone cut it. In future I'd make the suggestion that you don't throw around accusations. Drama altogether really isn't worth it especially if you're information is misfounded.

But ayyy just my opinion as someone who has had a fair bit of drama before and really doesn't have time for it these days. I hardly see how writing an accusatory post on a site that Masked is not even a member of was going to help anyone in the slightest. Perhaps try Instagram Dm's next time.

Cheers, Echo.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Look dude I completely see where you are coming from. In saying that, I would hardly classify this as "instabeef" as we have never actually talked. Secondly, I would disagree that people have no interest in someone locking up an extremely popular site that is well known by this community. Also, I figured it was reliable information rather than jumping to a conclusion due to the fact that I have been told by 4 people that masked melbourne locked it up. Finally, the reason (apart from informing people of the locks) I actually posted this was to try to make contact with him as he is not active on Instagram.
Not trying to start s*** with you dude, just simply explaining myself.
If you're into drains go check out my Instagram (@underground_melbourne)
By
Under_Melbourne wrote:
03 May 2017, 8:15 pm
Look dude I completely see where you are coming from. In saying that, I would hardly classify this as "instabeef" as we have never actually talked. Secondly, I would disagree that people have no interest in someone locking up an extremely popular site that is well known by this community. Also, I figured it was reliable information rather than jumping to a conclusion due to the fact that I have been told by 4 people that masked melbourne locked it up. Finally, the reason (apart from informing people of the locks) I actually posted this was to try to make contact with him as he is not active on Instagram.
Not trying to start s*** with you dude, just simply explaining myself.
Yeah fair enough. He's active on @masked.melb whether he chooses to respond to you is another matter.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
I will say I did travel from Sydney to do the roof as it's the final part I haven't done, and the amount of disappointment that the door was locked again.

In saying that the lock is not standard. It's a b***h to pick so whoever has the key good on them, where the f*** did they steal it from
Are you sure this is a good idea?
By
enternamehere wrote:
09 May 2017, 7:43 am
I will say I did travel from Sydney to do the roof as it's the final part I haven't done, and the amount of disappointment that the door was locked again.

In saying that the lock is not standard. It's a b***h to pick so whoever has the key good on them, where the f*** did they steal it from
Unless you can provide the type of lock, I guarantee you its some bunnings lock so its either a terrible warded/dimple lock, or a very basic pin tumbler, at most it has a couple spools in it.
By
if ts a good lock then the shackle is the weak point, take a pic i have some drill jigs for abloys, but trust me, the more cut resistant the shackle the more fragile they become ;)
never die wondering ;)
By
tommo wrote:
10 May 2017, 11:02 am
if ts a good lock then the shackle is the weak point, take a pic i have some drill jigs for abloys, but trust me, the more cut resistant the shackle the more fragile they become ;)
That just isn't true at all, an Assa Abloy Protec 2 is not going to be more fragile by any measure than any less cut resistant shackle. A more expensive lock almost always means a better shackle that is harder to cut, and is in no way shape or form more fragile.
By
abloy protec 2 are indeed easy to overcome the shackles, trust me!
im a toolmaker by trade and physically manipulating locks is something I quite enjoy.
the boron carbide shackles are harder meaning its more cut and shear resistant but lacks toughness, have overcome a few of them with a small 500mm podgy bar, cant do that with a traditional hardened steel shackle
never die wondering ;)
By
gallery/image/507/medium

sorry guys not sure how to post a link to an album, if you check my abloy album youll see what I mean (yes the image above is an abus)
never die wondering ;)
By
tommo wrote:
10 May 2017, 11:07 pm
gallery/image/507/medium

sorry guys not sure how to post a link to an album, if you check my abloy album youll see what I mean (yes the image above is an abus)
Ok so firstly, that's an abus not an abloy (although you said that), secondly in none of your albums did you overcome the shackle - they're all either cracking the body of the lock (good luck with a protec), or through torsion to the core, neither of which have anything to do with the shackle.

Also you're misguided about the makeup of the shackle on most high security locks - a protec 2 is not a boron alloy, it's a steel shackle with a boron case hardening on it through boronizing - all this does is give it a more wear resistant surface as a moving part and discourage damage via a cutting instrument. So this doesn't affect the 'toughness' because it IS a hardened steel shackle - the only boron present will be in small amounts on the very outside surface.
By
Can you not see the broken shackle on the protect 2? Thats how i got it (the other damage is from finding the drilling vulnrabilities) They snap before they bend.. Unlike abus locks where the shackle bends considerably
never die wondering ;)
By
This post makes me wish one of you lock brains trusts lived near me so we could go to burnings or a locksmith and talk locks. I know nothing about them
By
tommo wrote:
11 May 2017, 10:52 pm
Can you not see the broken shackle on the protect 2? Thats how i got it (the other damage is from finding the drilling vulnrabilities) They snap before they bend.. Unlike abus locks where the shackle bends considerably
Oh s*** you're right my bad man! Didn't even notice that
By
They literally shatter, before I drilled the retainer out there was still the straight leg of the shackle in it
never die wondering ;)
By
Under_Melbourne wrote:
27 Apr 2017, 3:26 pm
I would just like to say a massive thank you to @maskedmelbourne (Insta) for taking it upon himself to put a lock on the door to Nylex. Believe me, I understand that you don't want "toys" ruining the spot but by chaining it up and keeping the key to only yourself and close friends, it is beyond selfish. It absolutely ruins it for all the people who are genuine explorers.
Thank you so much.
I use to work right under it, it was for a co working space in the admin side of the factory, there is still a lot of area to explore from the other side of the building, its open and accessible to anyone, a massive empty warehouse and another smaller area with machines and rooms filled with empty file cabinets, if you ever played the game Fallout, it looks very similar to NV, the design of the interiors, during break I would sneak in and have a closer look but not advisable if you are wearing business attire. The whole area is undergoing preliminary surveying and estimating for demolition but is about a year from being demolished, they will be building a pathetic commercial mall/area to satisfy more consumers in Richmond, as if its not heritage listed already
Too much truth will make anyone numb :idea:
By
Good ridance have you seen the state of the vb sign nowadays, been hammered by toys and is a complete eyesore tbh
By
I'm actually confused about that place. There were people right up the top 2 nights ago but lastnight it was near impossible to get to the VB sign. There's metal doors welded on everywhere
 Post a reply
Go