Login RegisterFAQ
SONY / E-Mount club.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So since these bad boys created a nice impact on photography world, more and more people getting into these mirrorless cameras.

Who has which cam and what glass are you rocking ? ;)
By
I've got the Sony a6000 too. I primarily use the 16mm and Sigma 30mm 2.8.

I've also got the 16-50mm and the 55-210mm kit lenses but I don't really use them.
By
Sony mirroarlass ftw!

I have an A7ii, and lusting after the A7Sii, but that will have to wait until my next car... Or when shiny tax goes away.

Lenses:
FE 35/2.8. My absolute favourite lens on the body. Fast, and small.
Fe 28-70. Cheap zoom that does most of what the 24-70 does.
+ A couple lenses on loan from a mate as well.
Helios-44M. Beautiful lens, absolutely awesome. Gonna have to buy that off him. Lol.
Pentax 135mm. For those automotive shots.
Some 28mm. I never use this lol.

Saving for the 90mm Macro. :D :D
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
The A7ii is weather sealed right? Why is it yours so wet in that picture?!

The 35mm must be beautiful on a full frame. (It'd be a bit too long on my crop body.)

I'm still waiting for an insurance claim for my stolen DSLR gear but I'm really tempted to buy a Sony A7ii. Not sure if I can justify the expenditure though! (Will have to see how much I get back from the insurance company.)

Have either of you tried using a Metabones or other adapter to mount Canon/Nikon/legacy glass on it? If so, what do you think of the autofocus performance?
By
d0dg3r wrote:The A7ii is weather sealed right? Why is it yours so wet in that picture?!
Well, they're kinda maybe weather-sealed. Haha. How the story goes; originally, as announced and said in multiple reviews as well, that they are "weather sealed", however any note of weather resistance or the such has been quietly removed from the Sony page. Lol. Also water damage isn't under warranty. My 70D should be more weather resistant haha, but gotta make sacrifices for that small body...

It's wet because I was shooting in the rain before work. Saw a couple good opportunities, so took my camera out.
d0dg3r wrote:The 35mm must be beautiful on a full frame. (It'd be a bit too long on my crop body.)
Yup, favourite focal length on a 35mm sensor. It's almost perfect for everything if you only had to bring one lens, but that's just my personal preference. Most people like 50mm, and I gotta admit, a bit more compression would be nice. I also have a friend that sometimes uses a 21mm for walk-around... 21mm on 35mm film... What the wide. Lol.
d0dg3r wrote:I'm still waiting for an insurance claim for my stolen DSLR gear but I'm really tempted to buy a Sony A7ii. Not sure if I can justify the expenditure though! (Will have to see how much I get back from the insurance company.)
They're dropping in price heaps haha, it almost makes me want to buy another one so I can pretend I'm taking advantage of it. (I bought mine as soon as it came out pretty much.) If you're close to me sometime, have a play with mine.
d0dg3r wrote:Have either of you tried using a Metabones or other adapter to mount Canon/Nikon/legacy glass on it? If so, what do you think of the autofocus performance?
Autofocus is null. By the time you wait for it, you could've manually focused and taken the shot. That said, the A7Rii has insane autofocus compatibility with third party lenses. (The A7ii does not.) It's really easy to manual focus with the right custom button setup though. Frame, one-button zoom, focus and shoot. Plus there's also focus peaking, and turn it on high enough, you won't have to zoom, but it'll be a hit and miss (by just a hair though).

I've been tempted to get the Metabones adapter, but the tolerances are pretty dodgy for how much you're paying and the popularity.
By
Sony announced a new camera and some lenses today and they look impressive! The A6300 looks incredible! a6300
By
The G(spot) master. *giggles*

Holy moly, I s*** you not, I was just about to dump money on either a Canon or Nikon FF kit. 5D3 or D750 with a 24-70mm, simply because the existing FE mount 24-70mm is only F4... I was also looking at the Canon 85mm f1.2 II this morning. This is the greatest news ever! Definitely be buying the 24-70 even on shiny tax.

Which one would you consider? Batis 85 or G 85mm?
 Post a reply
Go