Login RegisterFAQ
[Buy] my old gear?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
With the lack of a B/S/T section, I'll just share here.

With the recent acquisition of some gear, I have some I should offload!

Prices in the brackets are upper/lower values I've seen items sold for on eBay recently - so I'm using that as a pricing guide.

D3200 purchased around July 2014, still within Nikon's 2 yr warranty [~$250]
Nikon 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, purchased with the D3200. [~$70-$120] $149 rrp
Nikon 35mm f1.8 purchased March 2015 [~$190-$220] $299 rrp

Don't have a pic of the 35mm but have receipts, boxes and manuals for all.
Buy one, or buy all. Reasonable offers only please :)

I'm based in Melbourne CBD usually, if you want me to ship it - its at your expense :P
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm not discouraging your thread but you might get more interest if you post it in Gumtree. (There are certainly more active users there!)
By
d0dg3r wrote:I'm not discouraging your thread but you might get more interest if you post it in Gumtree. (There are certainly more active users there!)
I loathe Gumtree.
If not for the stingiest user base I've ever encountered, the dreadful notification system.
By
Crispex wrote: If not for the stingiest user base I've ever encountered, the dreadful notification system.
Oath
Making the most of what I see
http://www.tobiasbaxter.com
"When I have a camera in my hand, I know no fear" - Alfred Eisenstaedt
By
ha yeah, i have had something advertised for about 6 months, all i get is "What's your best price?" to which i reply with the advertised price, thats obviously best for me
or i get offers of 1/6 of asking price, to which i just dont bother replying
good thing i'm not in too much of a hurry to sell
By
Oh okay fair enough! I've certainly encountered lots of scammers on Gumtree too but I've bought and sold quite a few things successfully on there also!
By
d0dg3r wrote:Oh okay fair enough! I've certainly encountered lots of scammers on Gumtree too but I've bought and sold quite a few things successfully on there also!
Yeah its just not worth my time, neither is a trade in at Michael's Cameras with an offer of $260 on the high end for the lot.
By
When I was looking at getting a camera I was hung up on the Canon 600D or this, the Nikon D3200. Could you just explain to me whether one is better than the other. Especially noting that I want it mostly to shoot in drains with a tripod for long exposure shots. They both seem fairly similar except the Nikon seems cheaper and I'm trying to figure out if there's a reason its cheaper. I am interested because I've been speaking to my parents, and while I have no money, this camera plus the 18-55mm lens are within their price range. Also you said you're selling because you acquired some new gear which I'm assuming is better, what brand/model did you acquire?
Cheers, Echo.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
So last weekend, I spent a lot of time with A LOT of different camears. Nikon's, Sony's, Leica's, Olympus'.
Nikon even showcased how fantastic it is at low light by having a darkened booth for photographing.

I found Nikon cameras easier to get better low light images from, and they are pushing pretty hard at the fact they have less low ISO noise.
If you are exposure stacking though then thats pretty negligible anyway.

I've bought up a Nikon D5500 (I'll have my sights on a 7300 when it eventuates) and mainly using Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 18-35mm and Tamron 70-200mm lenses so I've no need for the old kit lens (which is known to be very good for what it is).
By
Yeah mate been talking to my parents and your prices seem pretty fair. $350 for the body and the 18-55mm lens? We can try and arrange a suitable time for both of us to meet and exchange money for the items. Obviously I'd like to take a quick look at them before paying but I'm trusting you that they've been well cared for and I'll have no problems.
By
Echo wrote:$350 for the body and the 18-55mm lens?
So much more than Michaels Cameras offered me :P Sure thing.

Just have to find the damn battery charger... I think its at the gfs place - I'll have a look in a couple of hrs.

Have a 20% off Lexar SD/MicroSD card voucher and a 20% off Lowepro camera bag voucher for JB HiFi valid til November 3rd you can have if you want.

If you need an SD card too I have a spare 2GB one I think... the 16 I used to have for the 3200 is currently being used for one of my my cat cameras...
By
$350 seemed like a fair price just judging by what they sell for on eBay. Plus I don't generally haggle with people I count as friends. It better not break on me in like a year or I will find you and I will steal all your cat cams. :) I'll let you know when I'm going to be in Melbourne and we can try to work out a time/place. Pretty sure I'll be around this weekend.
By
I'll take the 35mm if you still have it. Name your price :)
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
 Post a reply
Go