Login RegisterFAQ
ANZAC drain
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey, i was wondering what is the condition of the ANZAC drain currently like is the main entrance still accessible?
By
Pretty sure it is dammed up and there's sensors. Not worth.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
--
Last edited by Vicinity on 05 Nov 2015, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IG: zero.given
By
I don't think there's any sensors. The dam is a minor annoyance but no more than knee high. Stick to the edges and move slowly and it's fine, once you reach the Chamber it's all fine. Of course you could always use one of the upstream entrances if you wanted to. Either the grill and crawlpipe (on quite a busy road, lots of people) or the manhole (in a quiet laneway, is kinda heavy. Not fun to try and open from below but from above it's easy enough).
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:I don't think there's any sensors. The dam is a minor annoyance but no more than knee high. Stick to the edges and move slowly and it's fine, once you reach the Chamber it's all fine. Of course you could always use one of the upstream entrances if you wanted to. Either the grill and crawlpipe (on quite a busy road, lots of people) or the manhole (in a quiet laneway, is kinda heavy. Not fun to try and open from below but from above it's easy enough).
Any chance you could pm the location of the laneway?
By
CafeCSK wrote:Get a pair of gumboots and go to town. It's definitely dammed but not super deep (enough that you couldn't drive in but walking should be ok). As for sensors I've never heard this before, and given the nature of the site (ie. Constant moving water) it seems largely unlikely. I say go for it if you don't mind wading through some water for the first section.

I said there were sensors because when I went around the front to check the place out, by the time I was leaving (5-10 minutes later) there were some flashing lights waiting for me asking a few questions. I'd like to think I'm pretty subtle, so I assume there is something dodgy about the front entrance, rather than someone spotting me and calling the fuzz.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I wouldn't do it unless you absolutely have to. There have been illegal sewerage hookups draining into ANZAC for the good part of a century now, so the water in the dam is pretty festy, stagnating without continuous flow (should mention the E. coli count of the Yarra in that region was already way above the recommended limit even before they put the dam in!)

Someone told me a while ago that residents have been told (by MW) to call cops if they see anything suspicious. Not sure about sensors but I've heard that patrols have been put on every so often to look out for raves and casual explorers.. A few people have told me about being questioned by the fuzz since MW started the works.

It's dammed up to the Chamber so it's a bit of a slog in gumboots. Not worth going out of your way for if there are other drains around you haven't done.

P.S. Also remember to replace manhole exits or else they get sealed over, especially at a formerly-popular location like ANZAC. This is really important for the sustainability of locations. I still wouldn't go in via a manhole due to the stagnation...
By
spigot wrote:I wouldn't do it unless you absolutely have to. There have been illegal sewerage hookups draining into ANZAC for the good part of a century now, so the water in the dam is pretty festy, stagnating without continuous flow (should mention the E. coli count of the Yarra in that region was already way above the recommended limit even before they put the dam in!)

Someone told me a while ago that residents have been told (by MW) to call cops if they see anything suspicious. Not sure about sensors but I've heard that patrols have been put on every so often to look out for raves and casual explorers.. A few people have told me about being questioned by the fuzz since MW started the works.

It's dammed up to the Chamber so it's a bit of a slog in gumboots. Not worth going out of your way for if there are other drains around you haven't done.

P.S. Also remember to replace manhole exits or else they get sealed over, especially at a formerly-popular location like ANZAC. This is really important for the sustainability of locations. I still wouldn't go in via a manhole due to the stagnation...
Ahh damn, fair point though I might give it a miss if it's that bad. Guess i'll be going hunting around my area since i've only really explored one (former meeting place of CC).
 Post a reply
Go