Login RegisterFAQ
Good drains in sydney
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Done many drains in Sydney and now looking for more, any help would be mad
twat
By
Just poke around the internet or have a drive around and you should find some. Predator's approach to draining is a pretty good resource for how to find drains, you should have a read.

The drains in Sydney that are often credited as 'the best', at least in my experience, are: Swoo, Fortress, Eternity, Eye of the Needle, Herc's Pillars, Gobbledox
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
Do you want to share any picture or stories of the drains you have done?
By
Done most of them
twat
By
Are you the person who has been spray painting renditions of homer simpson throughout drains across Sydney?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Homerone wrote:Done most of them
Pics or it didn't hap..bah you know the drill.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
phytrix wrote:Just poke around the internet or have a drive around and you should find some. Predator's approach to draining is a pretty good resource for how to find drains, you should have a read.

The drains in Sydney that are often credited as 'the best', at least in my experience, are: Swoo, Fortress, Eternity, Eye of the Needle, Herc's Pillars, Gobbledox
Wouldnt Call EOTN a drain lmfao Close enough to one when you get to the end though
"No Urbex... No fun"
Syd Based
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
phytrix wrote:Just poke around the internet or have a drive around and you should find some. Predator's approach to draining is a pretty good resource for how to find drains, you should have a read.
If you haven't already done this, then do it!
I am very new to drains, but have fallen madly in love. Predator's approach to draining is a great tool to help you understand where drains could be, add in some internet research, a bit a Google earth viewing and some good ole boots to the ground action - then you should have all the drains you could ever need :D
Just as evolution intended, I was designed by DFEX..

IG: @social_dfex
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dfexone/
By
It serves the purpose of draining water though :3 you've been past the rubble, correct?
By
phytrix wrote:It serves the purpose of draining water though :3 you've been past the rubble, correct?
Yes sure have love the ladder and all haha and the randome door in the wall lmfao
"No Urbex... No fun"
Syd Based
By
Get your terminology right guys.
The EOTN tunnel is not a drain, never has been.
EOTN is a former tunnel that once housed cables that supplied electric power from the Ultimo Power Station to the tram network east and south of Broadway.
It is currently partially flooded (shin deep) at the far northern end, but being a flooded tunnel doesn't make it a drain (most abandoned tunnels are partially flooded).
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
Dunlop factory is my favourite drain.
By
blakjak wrote:Get your terminology right guys.
The EOTN tunnel is not a drain, never has been.
EOTN is a former tunnel that once housed cables that supplied electric power from the Ultimo Power Station to the tram network east and south of Broadway.
It is currently partially flooded (shin deep) at the far northern end, but being a flooded tunnel doesn't make it a drain (most abandoned tunnels are partially flooded).
When it rains, water funnels through it, no? By definition, that makes it a drain, irrelevant of its intended/initial purpose, assuming it does funnel water through when it rains (I don't know this first hand, however, just word of mouth)
By
phytrix wrote:When it rains, water funnels through it, no? By definition, that makes it a drain, irrelevant of its intended/initial purpose, assuming it does funnel water through when it rains (I don't know this first hand, however, just word of mouth)
It's no more a drain than a leaky basement is.
By
aydun wrote:
phytrix wrote:When it rains, water funnels through it, no? By definition, that makes it a drain, irrelevant of its intended/initial purpose, assuming it does funnel water through when it rains (I don't know this first hand, however, just word of mouth)
I've heard that it gushes with water when it rains, is that true or not?
By
phytrix wrote:
aydun wrote:
I've heard that it gushes with water when it rains, is that true or not?
No, the water there is from years of seepage. Water never "funnels through it".
Who told ya that?

Think about it, if water "funneled through it", it would be constantly flooded to the top.
By
DFEX wrote:
If you haven't already done this, then do it!
I am very new to drains, but have fallen madly in love. Predator's approach to draining is a great tool to help you understand where drains could be, add in some internet research, a bit a Google earth viewing and some good ole boots to the ground action - then you should have all the drains you could ever need :D
Yeh man it's probably my favourite thing to do in my spare time it's really fun and interesting what you can find that way haha!
twat
By
The more you do it, the better you will get. Like anything practice makes perfect :)
It doesn't take long to work out the general pattern/idea behind why drains are in specific locations and the rough size they could be as well.
Just as evolution intended, I was designed by DFEX..

IG: @social_dfex
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dfexone/
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
ImageImageImage excuse the crappy quality I took them on an iPhone 4 a while ago and had to dig em up!
blakjak wrote:
twat
By
MacDaddy wrote:
phytrix wrote:It serves the purpose of draining water though :3 you've been past the rubble, correct?
Yes sure have love the ladder and all haha and the randome door in the wall lmfao
fun times jks never again
half the fun is in the mess
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Homerone wrote:ImageImageImage excuse the crappy quality I took them on an iPhone 4 a while ago and had to dig em up!
blakjak wrote:
Here you go bro...
By
Blakjak now I realise how annoying I would've sounded when I first joined this forum haha
Spades
By
Spades wrote:
Blakjak now I realise how annoying I would've sounded when I first joined this forum haha
lol nah compared to some others you were quite ok actually. :)
How ya been man, been ages.
By
Spades wrote:
I feel like this is a small hint that I'm annoying?
twat
By
Homerone wrote:
Spades wrote:
I feel like this is a small hint that I'm annoying?
Not annoying, they just want us to find our own information but when you ask for obvious things

Eg. Entries Exits with detail up untill the colour of the walls

It periodically does get annoying
But if you need anything ask me :P
I dontmind hahahaha
"No Urbex... No fun"
Syd Based
 Post a reply
Go