Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Who moderates the Facebook group here because I've just about had enough. I posted my pictures of that abandoned factory and some asked for the location, I declined to give it and now everyone is up in arms over it. At the current rate I think I'll just stick to posting on here if this is how these people react.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
I̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶F̶B̶ ̶G̶r̶o̶u̶p̶?̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶s̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶.̶
Nevermind... founds its.
Last edited by Crispex on 27 Apr 2015, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
Crispex wrote:Is there a different FB Group? I can only see three posts, none of them yours.
Its a closed Facebook group. You have to request to join and then get approved by the admin.
By
Echo wrote:
Crispex wrote:Is there a different FB Group? I can only see three posts, none of them yours.
Its a closed Facebook group. You have to request to join and then get approved by the admin.
Yeah I thought you were referring to the page, not the group.
Works melting my brain today.
By
Crispex wrote:
Echo wrote:
Yeah I thought you were referring to the page, not the group.
Works melting my brain today.
Its all good. The group isn't really that great anyway. 143 members but only like 2 or 3 ever post anything. Group of location leechers I reckon.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Idk who moderates it but their reactions were a bit over the top. Based on the person's reaction (the one who asked for the location), it did seem as if he was asking for a specific location. There was nothing to suggest he was asking for a generic answer such as "Melbourne" or "VIC".

In any case, just ignore them. I'm not a fan of the Facebook group either, which is why I avoid it and stick to the forums. I advise you do the same based on this experience.
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
phytrix wrote:Idk who moderates it but their reactions were a bit over the top. Based on the person's reaction (the one who asked for the location), it did seem as if he was asking for a specific location. There was nothing to suggest he was asking for a generic answer such as "Melbourne" or "VIC".

In any case, just ignore them. I'm not a fan of the Facebook group either, which is why I avoid it and stick to the forums. I advise you do the same based on this experience.
Yeah I thought he was asking for the exact location.... I ignored those 2 irate girls at any rate. And yeah I may just stick to the forum because people are at least rational here. And those people that were losing their s*** at me haven't even contributed in the slightest so I dont know how they can get so mad.... :(
By
And for the record, someone in the Facebook group posted the suburb of this place in the comments section. There is a rule outlined in the group that no locations are to be revealed. Therefore, it seems they have violated that rule, and should be punished accordingly if one feels that a suburb constitutes violation of said rule.
By
By
phytrix wrote:And for the record, someone in the Facebook group posted the suburb of this place in the comments section. There is a rule outlined in the group that no locations are to be revealed. Therefore, it seems they have violated that rule, and should be punished accordingly if one feels that a suburb constitutes violation of said rule.
Yeah I saw they also copied my exact description from here and put it in that same comment. Whoever moderates that group needs to get on it because I was just trying to contribute something slightly interesting, because nobody else has for a while, and I have to deal with this s***....
By
Crispex wrote:Image
Yeah saw that s*** too... Wtf is this. I thought it was an urbex group to share pics not to lose the plot when someone who actually contributes doesn't want to give something.....
Definitely don't think I'll be in a hurry to post anything else there.
By
Echo wrote:Yeah saw that s*** too... Wtf is this. I thought it was an urbex group to share pics not to lose the plot when someone who actually contributes doesn't want to give something.....
I think that was Crispex who posted that image in the FB group :p
Btw did you delete your posts on the conversation or was Kat just talking to herself over ~5 posts?
By
phytrix wrote:
Echo wrote:Yeah saw that s*** too... Wtf is this. I thought it was an urbex group to share pics not to lose the plot when someone who actually contributes doesn't want to give something.....
I think that was Crispex who posted that image in the FB group :p
Wait.... Nah I've met Crispex.
By
Yeah I deleted my posts after I blocked her.
By
Yeah it was me :P
I delete it because it didn't animate :(
Stupid facebook and its stupid sometimes-gif-happy posts.
By
Crispex wrote:Yeah it was me :P
Wait your name isn't Andrew.... Or is it?
By
Echo wrote:
No, it certainly isn't.
By
Crispex wrote:
Echo wrote:
No, it certainly isn't.
My oh my, that is a cunning alias you have there Crispex. :P
By
Anyway I feel we've run off topic. Who moderates that group was my initial question?
Because I'll think they'll find that if I feel like every time I post someone is gonna rage about something and then post the location in the comments for all to see that I will simply stop posting there.
Please deal with it Mr Admin, we don't need people like that in the UEGA group especially if they're contributing nothing.
By
Echo wrote:Group of location leechers I reckon.
not unlike this page really, lots of lurkers on here

that FB group is good for a stalk! I guess if you were worried about anyone catching up with you, you would use a silly urbex aka though

the admins are identified on there
By
My question wasn't really who are the admins it was more like why don't they actually administrate....
Not sure if Kat Green has a UEGA account but Mikaela Clews has a UEGA account called enternamehere so should definitely know that we don't reveal locations and should not have done so herself on my post.
Last edited by Echo on 28 Apr 2015, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
oh ok, it just seemed that your question was
Who moderates the Facebook group here

hows about you refrain from naming and shaming everyone while you're at it too? its not rocket surgery to figure out some links but i'm sure some people appreciate the anonymity of being in here
By
No+Pro wrote:oh ok, it just seemed that your question was
Who moderates the Facebook group here

hows about you refrain from naming and shaming everyone while you're at it too? its not rocket surgery to figure out some links but i'm sure some people appreciate the anonymity of being in here
What they post on the uega Facebook page is fair game and as far as I'm concerned if they're going to blatantly break the uega code of conduct then they should be outed.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
you got a few second chances yourself, maybe there was an more amicable solution
By
The moral of the story is obvious and simple - Avoid Facebook!
The explorer in the west................
 Post a reply
Go