Login RegisterFAQ
The world's largest.....
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
This place looks pretty cool and it's in Australia.

And then of course if you do it you can tell everyone that you have personally used the world's largest glory hole! No I'm not kidding, Wikipedia never lies.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Yeah I saw some pictures of this a while back. The thread can be seen here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1899
It's an awesome place, they had a skateboarding competition there too
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
phytrix wrote:Yeah I saw some pictures of this a while back. The thread can be seen here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1899
It's an awesome place, they had a skateboarding competition there too
Yeah looks cool as, took like 10mins to find the location on the internet.
By
I'm soooo fkucn keen to do this!!!!
I have a fairly good idea where it is! Lets make a weekend out of it. Anyone keen for a camping trip before the wet season :D
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
It amuses me that locations under the 'uber secret' category can easily be found with a simple google search.
By
sini wrote:I'm soooo fkucn keen to do this!!!!
I have a fairly good idea where it is! Lets make a weekend out of it. Anyone keen for a camping trip before the wet season :D
It's not exactly hard to find. I know exactly where it is. But God it is so far away from Melbourne... 8 hours or so and that'd be if I had a car.
Of course you're in Sydney, dunno how far but it'd still be a while. Would make a pretty cool trip assuming you have rope gear and the proper experience to do it because if you f*** up you're in the middle of basically nowhere.
By
I'm down, assuming I can get a week or so notice. I'm sure we can get a decent sized group together :)
By
phytrix wrote:
I'm down, assuming I can get a week or so notice. I'm sure we can get a decent sized group together :)
You're in ACT aren't you? Its basically on your doorstep.
By
Echo wrote:
phytrix wrote:
You're in ACT aren't you? Its basically on your doorstep.
Yeah it's pretty close for me, which is a nice change :p
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Drove to ACT last ANZAC weekend, the long way. Was a very nice drive, got the lil holden up past 170.
By
phytrix wrote:
Echo wrote:You're in ACT aren't you? Its basically on your doorstep.
It actually would be a wicked trip. You could climb Mt Kosciusko as well just for fun as it's very close to the dam.
By
Echo wrote:
phytrix wrote:
Echo wrote:You're in ACT aren't you? Its basically on your doorstep.
It actually would be a wicked trip. You could climb Mt Kosciusko as well just for fun as it's very close to the dam.
For sure, we should organise it
By
It's a 9 hour drive from where you are btw, but if you're still keen, so am I :)
By
Jaffs on CC and Jaffs01 on Flickr
"urbex is not for tourists......its for adventurers" DeScent (RIP)
By
Jaffs wrote:Mmm, Tunnels. Long ones too.
Are these tunnels accessible? If so, might be worth checking out
By
Check out the photo on the right at that link. That's a dude standing in there. Doubt mere randoms could access them, but what do you think the glory hold leads to?
Jaffs on CC and Jaffs01 on Flickr
"urbex is not for tourists......its for adventurers" DeScent (RIP)
By
Jaffs wrote:Check out the photo on the right at that link. That's a dude standing in there. Doubt mere randoms could access them, but what do you think the glory hold leads to?
Unfortunately nothing, from the sounds of it :( Still looks like a great explore regardless
http://urbantwilight.net/thefunnel.php
By
I don't mind driving 9 hours if its planned, ive seen somewhere that access is not good , though that was years ago it could be better or worse! I have a 4wd that sits 6, and can meet people on the drive up. was thinking of doing this years ago before I was on uega but didn't want to solo, I would like to see if anyone is legit keenand we'll organize it!
By
sini wrote:I don't mind driving 9 hours if its planned, ive seen somewhere that access is not good , though that was years ago it could be better or worse! I have a 4wd that sits 6, and can meet people on the drive up. was thinking of doing this years ago before I was on uega but didn't want to solo, I would like to see if anyone is legit keenand we'll organize it!
If you wanted to pick me up that'd be cool ;) I would find my own way there, but you'll have to pass close to Canberra regardless, right?
We should set a date and see how it goes, from the sounds of it we'll have at least 5, probably a couple more too. PM me in regards to details (what weekend would best suit you, etc.) and we can solidify the deets
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
If I may rain (or snow) on your parade,
Without wanting to further give hints as to it's location (but let's face it, you've all worked it out all ready), this place is freaking far.
Come this time of year, they close the roads, I'd love to see it in snow, but I don't like my chances.

I've been twice, the first time was just after they'd re-opened the road, but re-opened simply meant they'd unlocked the gate, a giant tree across the road meant we had to drive to the nearest town (4 hour return) to buy a saw to remove said tree after many hours of sawing. It's also about a half hour of dirt road off the main road. We went a few weeks after that and got 12 cars down (mostly 4WDs) without too much issue.

Anyway, if you lot are keen for a trip up (come summer, we did it in Oct/Nov) I'll happily bring the rope, and slackline, and motorbikes, and rollerblades, and inflatable boat (Something really awesome in the middle of the dam only accessible via small inflatable vessel (Some say it has to be leaking and you have to be drunk to truly find it)), and fishing gear with gummy worms.
By
Nick wrote:-
Have they closed the roads already? Sini and I were discussing setting up a trip in the next few weeks as it's the last chance before winter comes, is there any reason why this wouldn't be suitable?
By
phytrix wrote:
Nick wrote:-
Have they closed the roads already? Sini and I were discussing setting up a trip in the next few weeks as it's the last chance before winter comes, is there any reason why this wouldn't be suitable?
But if we wait until Summer then Nick will happily come along and bring his plethora of knowledge as well as material goods with him.
By
I'd be keen, so please don't go between end of June and late July, because I'm overseas. :/
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:I'd be keen, so please don't go between end of June and late July, because I'm overseas. :/
I think we're talking about waiting until Summer. I couldn't go anytime before that anyway. But if the others wanted to go sometime soon I guess they could.
By
phytrix wrote: Have they closed the roads already? Sini and I were discussing setting up a trip in the next few weeks as it's the last chance before winter comes, is there any reason why this wouldn't be suitable?
No real reason, you can phone and ask what the road conditions are like, but theses roads don't get used very often, when we went we had the place entirely to ourselves.
Bring a chainsaw and a fairly capable car (or bike) and do the drive, but I wouldn't go organizing all the good folk here to drive 16 hours return without some form of guarantee of something good to see.
 Post a reply
Go