Login RegisterFAQ
UEGA expo #2. ((Hill60))
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello everyone,

We have UEGA expo #2 coming up so thought we would give you some notice... so no excuses why you can't come :)
The official date & time once again will be released through the PM.

The tour is 5 weeks away just in case you started to panic with the evasive date description.

It will be a Saturday event and we will be covering Hill60 on the day.
By
Well I'm up for giving up to 6-7 people a lift if people want it. I'd be interested in stopping off at Helensburg station, Your Taxes and a couple of other sites I know on the way. I prefer legal only sites on new expos.
I assume this will be an early September or late August expo?
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Late augus thats correct.

All official uega public tours are legal. Will always be :)
By
When/where are the details up?? Be interested in meeting up with some on you guys from this circle. :D Cupid.
By
Yeah, at this stage it would be handy to have a definite date and a meet up time. The Gong is accessible by train, but Hill 60 it self is a bit of a walk from the nearest station so I figure cars are needed.
Personally I would find it easy to meet people either at Central Station around 9am or Wollongong station at 9am. Coming up from south coast it would be easier to meet at the Gong, do Hill 60 and take a look at some of the industrial landscape, and then visit Helensburg Station on the way back to Sydney.
As mentioned, I can carry up to 7 passengers.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Ok gents, as promised the date is now revealed :)

25/8/12

Meetup is at 10:30am near the radio tower in the carpark above the entry.
By
Count me in and I'll see if I can two more in.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
Titan wrote:Ok gents, as promised the date is now revealed :)

25/8/12

For those who do not have their own wheels, I'm happy to do shuttle runs from either Wollongong or Port Kembla rail stations. But let me know early.
By
For those planning to catch a train from Sydney to Wollongong there is a train that departs Central at 8:29 am and gets to the Gong at 10:09.
I will be doing a pick up there when the train arrives.
By
Soo... who is coming this Saturday ?
By
Me.
By
Titan wrote:Soo... who is coming this Saturday ?
Count me in, I haven't seen hill 60 yet.Should be good!
AXEL
By
I've always wanted to see 'your taxes' so I could tempt myself with another trip all the way down to the gong. :D .
By
I'm flying in to Sydney from Brisbane, plane won't get in till after 10, so I think I'll have to give this one a miss.
By
Hey guys, I'm planning on coming with a mate also into Urbex - that's fine I'm assuming for a public-expo? I've no idea where this meetup i but?!?

Can an organiser and/or admin PM me the address and a contact number??

Really keen to check this out and meet-up with you lot face-to-face!
We'd be coming from Western-ish Sydney but, so we want to avoid sketchy details to save any issues.

THANKS!! :)
By
Cupid wrote:Hey guys, I'm planning on coming with a mate also into Urbex - that's fine I'm assuming for a public-expo? I've no idea where this meetup i but?!?

Can an organiser and/or admin PM me the address and a contact number??

Really keen to check this out and meet-up with you lot face-to-face!
We'd be coming from Western-ish Sydney but, so we want to avoid sketchy details to save any issues.

THANKS!! :)
Titan wrote:
Ok gents, as promised the date is now revealed :)

25/8/12

This will help you; http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=hill+6 ... s&t=m&z=16

Top end of Military Road.
I gathered that yeah, it is a semi public expo. But I'm sure a mod / expo organiser will advise. I suspect that yeah, we don't want to make it a Facebook event and have every hoon and their dog turn up.
By
people are in and out of them all day on weekends. Most don't even have torches, so they just go down the one tunnel, and miss the 2nd one via the left turn just a bit in from the entrance up top.
By
Ok people, for those who are not sure on where we going to meet:

Those who came to the last UEGA tour will receive a UEGA card to keep which will aid with further explorations.

Panic! : The point of this public expo is to bring anyone interested. More "exclusive" tours are arranged in VIP section, so all good on that behalf :) I understand your concern, but because it is so widely open to public its a no worry principle.

See you guys tomorrow!
Charge your cameras, make sure the tourches are on full charge also. As we will be taking it slow through the place and will not be running in and running back out.
By
I'm in.

Also, I posted a thread about this place a couple of weeks ago with some pics, forgetting all about this expo!
Felt like a bit of a dik afterwards :/
By
Ahh I have to pike at the last moment. My car has started to make a horrible noise and I know what the problem is. Sooner or later a pulley is going to break on the front of the engine, meaning it won't go anywhere. Since I need it for getting to work I can't risk a long drive. :(

Bummer. I was so looking forward to this one.
Have fun, take lots of photos.
By
Unfortunately I have to pull the pin too. It's work related. :roll:
By
Panic! wrote:Ahh I have to pike at the last moment. My car has started to make a horrible noise and I know what the problem is. Sooner or later a pulley is going to break on the front of the engine, meaning it won't go anywhere. Since I need it for getting to work I can't risk a long drive. :(

Bummer. I was so looking forward to this one.
Have fun, take lots of photos.
Check the belts are not just frayed, has tricked me before:)
AXEL
By
Wait... so is anyone coming??
By
Nuggs wrote:I'm in.

Also, I posted a thread about this place a couple of weeks ago with some pics, forgetting all about this expo!
Felt like a bit of a dik afterwards :/
You still down here?
By
Cupid wrote:Wait... so is anyone coming??
There will still be a few of us there.
 Post a reply
Go