Login RegisterFAQ
Games with UE themes.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Years ago, when I still had a web site, I got an email from these Russian guys asking about urban exploration, and asking if they could use some of my pictures in a game they were developing. I thought, yeah, why not, no big deal. They said they needed some of the textures of brick, concrete and so on. I thought, well that was a bit demanding, but never the less, I had some images like that floating around, so I emailed them those images. We exchanged emails a fair bit and I'd sent them UE related images on themes they requested. There was a lot of bunker, abandoned building and urban forest and decay images.
Months later I finally got an email that the first screenshots from the game were ready, and they sent me some. That game was STALKER, Shadow of Chernobyl.
I'm sure they used other people's images as well,but well over 400 of mine went towards the production of that game. I imagine that apart from the textures, most images were used purely as reference shots which they tried to recreate in three D for the game. The funny thing was, I didn't go to Chernobyl till well after they asked for my images, so I assume a lot of the bunkers and buildings ended up in the game as generic abandoned buildings.
Despite that, they never even sent me a free copy of the game. Oh well.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Has anyone seen 'The last of us".

It looks pretty good.
By
Enigma wrote:Has anyone seen 'The last of us".

It looks pretty good.
yeah, looks great, shame its ps3 exclusive. would love to see a pc version!
By
Soooo getting it.
By
SWAT 4 is a fun game, Obviously you play as a member of a SWAT team, it's quite challenging... Not so much about shooting to kill, but shooting to disable, neutralize and arrest suspects and avoiding civilian injuries. You can play co-operatively online with up to 10 players, then tactics and organisation become the key to perfecting a mission. most of the maps are based around old derelict buildings being used by cults, as drug houses, factories, offices and shopping centres etc. Everything has that shady feeling to it kind of like industrial UE in winter time :P

Small game, will run on any modern PC with ease, decent graphics for it's era too and very good re-playability due to the location of civilians and enemies being randomized each round.
By
Re: urbex themes, specifically draining, :) battlefield 3 and left for dead 2
By
Maaad, I just got myself a Battlefield3 on PS3... Will report with urbex satisfaction once i start playing it.
By
You really should get FPS games on computer. They're easier to play, for me anyways; I think it might just be I'm not used to using analog sticks. But games on computer are almost always better. =D
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:You really should get FPS games on computer. They're easier to play, for me anyways; I think it might just be I'm not used to using analog sticks. But games on computer are almost always better. =D
They are indeed easier to play on PC and have better graphics etc. However i got sick of having to splash out a thousand bucks every 2nd year to keep up with hardware demands. So i just stick to my PS3 now and once you get the hang of it its actually really easy. :)
By
Titan wrote:
Midget wrote:You really should get FPS games on computer. They're easier to play, for me anyways; I think it might just be I'm not used to using analog sticks. But games on computer are almost always better. =D
They are indeed easier to play on PC and have better graphics etc. However i got sick of having to splash out a thousand bucks every 2nd year to keep up with hardware demands. So i just stick to my PS3 now and once you get the hang of it its actually really easy. :)
Good point. I do like the hardware customisation though and if I can't play something I just put it on uber-low graphics.
By
By
By
Just finishing the bioshock series, the first two had a distinct abandoned feel but the last one not so much, still good though. Next on the list is Metro, seem to have more time for gaming, when its cold
By
Loved STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. Finished the game recently actually.
Swat 4 was a good one also. I used to make maps for the game and make hidden passages, drainage tunnels etc

'I am alive' was also a good one. Entire city was abandonded except for a few survivors. Buildings were falling apart and collapsing.
~Aleksander~
By
:ugeek:
Does anyone or has anyone played BF4 ?
I absolutely love this game.
There's a map called Caspian Border, it has a spot (objective) called Delta. I found this cool little RCP you have to dive down an swim up to a concrete drain thingamy. This of course lets you sneak up on the enemy team and politely shot them in the face.

So many of the maps have beautiful abandoned/war-torn scenes. Quite spectacular to explore in a virtual sense, while trying to be the desktop commando
;)
By
COD4 Chernobyl map?
By
Not familiar with that one. I've only played BLOPS & MW3.
By

Yes. Om nom nom.
By
InFamous I & II have some good drain levels.
 Post a reply
Go