Login RegisterFAQ
aquacave question
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
HI i think I've found the location of Aquacave and me and my friends were planning to go check it out some time soon
However,
I just wanted to check with perhaps people who have already visited the place if it is safe to go considering the rain we've had recently?
Would it be safe to go with in the next couple day or should we wait a few weeks after the rain has died down?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Don't go if there is any chance of rain. Check the forecasts and radars. Also consider the size the catchment area of a particular system.

After a heap of rain, it's probably a good idea to give it a day or two, but as long as there's no rain around, probably no great risk - air would be more fresh though :)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Keep an eye on the quick flash storms popping up this summer. So far been a few quick systems that pop up from no where and dump a lot. There are a couple of places you can pop your phone near a grate and check bom while your in Aqua, might not hurt to keep an eye.
I got my boobs out on google street view
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
If there's any risk at all, might as well avoid it. While I would like to say it's purely for the protection of you and your friends, the reality is that death or serious injury will have a major impact on such landmarks and the whole urban exploration community in its entirety. That, and I don't want to see any SES volunteers get injured because of one's stupidity.

When it has been dry for a couple of days and there's no reasonable prospect of any rain, go for it. Otherwise, I'd advise to avoid drains. They aren't going anywhere, after all.

I'll leave this here: http://sleepycity.net/approach-to-draining
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
Thanks!
My friends and I went to check it out the other day but the water was way to high!
We're just going to wait until the wet season is over!
By
When trying to explain the dangers of draining to my son, I took him to one of the biggest above ground Drain channels I know. When we got there the water was almost over the road and quite a raging torrent!! The look on his face was one of shock as we'd walked along and under the road at this particular section in the dry!

Some very sound advice has been given here, ignore at your peril and to the detriment of the Urbex exploration community, should something terrible happen.

Just my 2c worth

Kind Regards
UH
By
Yeah I'll definitely take onboard the advice. I'm going to look for a safer tunnel to check out first so that I know what I'm up for !
 Post a reply
Go