Login RegisterFAQ
salisbury air raid bunker
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I used to live about 5 mins from the old bunker on either commerce or progress st, used to go past it every monday when i played paintball down the road from it. I've always been curious to find out what's in there, but sadly never managed to find the time to check it out for myself
Has anyone here checked it out? If so, do you have any photos?

I also used to play in the bush at Beryl Roberts Park in Coopers Plains a lot as a kid and used to find all sorts of old military looking gear,from old rusted up bayonets to old .30-06 and .303 rounds.

Also, just up the road from the old bunker off Evans Road in Salisbury, I have found literally thousands of old lead projectiles and some steel casings in the old quarry just down the hill from Pegg's Lookout. does anyone know the history of this quarry? there are old concrete foundations and a few pieces of old mining equipment still in the area too.
quis est qui nesciat historiam?
By
I believe most WWII remnants in Salisbury have been demolished.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
The old air raid bunker was still standing at the start of the year, and is the only standing WWII remnant that I am aware of in the Salisbury area.
By
Only I bunker remains, have been inside nothing special. I thinks the floor is hollow. Story has it the 2 bunkers were joined by a tunnel.
By
The other bunker being the one that was found under the then Salisbury High School?
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Will-043 wrote:The other bunker being the one that was found under the then Salisbury High School?
Do you mean the one at the primary school? If so, I've heard that the bunker found there was possibly a communication center with a tunnel leading away from it. Unlikely that the tunnel led anywhere meaningful.
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
sucks that they demolished the one they found under the school. would've been cool to check out, even if the tunnel went no where meaningful.
By
24.03.15 Went over to the Salisbury Air Raid Bunker. Still standing, Fenced & Padlocked.

With the lights out, it's less dangerous
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Bravado wrote:24.03.15 Went over to the Salisbury Air Raid Bunker. Still standing, Fenced & Padlocked.

What exactly am I looking at? Looks like a concrete wall...
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:
Bravado wrote:24.03.15 Went over to the Salisbury Air Raid Bunker. Still standing, Fenced & Padlocked.
Bravado wrote:Salisbury Air Raid Bunker.
By
aydun wrote:
Echo wrote:
Bravado wrote:Salisbury Air Raid Bunker.
Wow so informative. Much knowledge was learnt. Thanks.
By

Yep that's the left wall.
By
Barnz wrote:

Yep that's the left wall.
So it IS a concrete wall. I am correct as usual. I expect full written apologies from everyone who doubted me. You know who you are.
By
Echo wrote:So it IS a concrete wall. I am correct as usual. I expect full written apologies from everyone who doubted me. You know who you are.
By
Kto wrote:
Echo wrote:So it IS a concrete wall. I am correct as usual. I expect full written apologies from everyone who doubted me. You know who you are.
Why you scare me like this Kto.... That picture should be rated R18+.
By
Its a besser block wall. Yes it contains concrete. Your a regular detective. :)
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
wouldnt be surprised to find three other walls of similar construction, maybe even a roof
By
Barnz wrote:Its a besser block wall. Yes it contains concrete. Your a regular detective. :)
Wow thanks!!!!! I'm just too good.
No+Pro wrote:wouldnt be surprised to find three other walls of similar construction, maybe even a roof
What?!?!? Mind = Blown.
By
i deleted this!
Last edited by No+Pro on 17 Nov 2016, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
The outside of the walls seemed to have air vents. Do they come through into the bunker anywhere?
With the lights out, it's less dangerous
By
Yep they do. Just in an offset fashion, I presume so that shrapnel won't pass through.
By
Good to see that it's still standing, thanks for the photo Bravado. fences I can deal with, padlocks are a pain in the arse though.
By
No+Pro wrote:27.03.15 Went over to the Salisbury Air Raid Bunker. Still standing, Fenced & Padlocked. Still pretty easy to get in though

Sorry to hijack your thread!

LOL all good, thanks for the photos man, have always wondered what the inside looked like :D
By
you can stop wondering then. if only i could bring the smell and sense of being in a small, dark stanky hole to the post... maybe you should go back and immerse yourself properly sometime
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Lol it looks better in the photos then real life.
 Post a reply
Go