Login RegisterFAQ
December 6 - Damian's Expo
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
CANCELLED DUE TO RAIN - see my last post

Taking a few guys down 3 drains on the 6th december.
One is anzac, but wayyy past the chamber. Other locations will not be given out on a public forum, only via private message and will most likely only be discussed in person on the day.

Reply here and I will pm you my number... Text me after I send it to so I know you're serious, including your UEGA username..

When/Where:
gardenvale trainstation

6th december (saturday)!

We will meet at gardenvale station at 10am sharp at the bottom of the ramp on platform 2, enter the drain at 10:20 and probably be on our way to the next location by 11:15am

Text me if you are going to be late otherwise you will miss out.

How long:
Be finished by about 2pm, unless anyone's keen for another drain I haven't been to myself. I will be exploring further that day either way so no pressure.

What to bring/not to bring:
Gumboots (not necessary but appreciated, personally I won't have any)
Your wits. - Know the risks and stay safe :)
Manners: if You're a d*** the group will forcefully remove you.
spray cans are a big NO. I will supply them for certain purposes ex marking exits and features but if you are a vandal you will be forcefully removed. A good quality texta is ACCEPTABLE for signing guestbooks but for no other reasons.

And of course: A TORCH. MUST BRING A TORCH. you would be surprised at the amount of people who show up to an expo without one.. (spare batteries and a spare torch are a good idea but not mandatory

Break any rules and the group will forcefully remove you!!!

Should be a fun day guys. Heres hoping for some good weather :) when it rains, f*** going down drains :P

As I said just reply here, then i will PM you my number. Txt me asap afterwards to confirm.

I'm guessing there will be around 20 of us underground for the day :)

Look forward to meeting some of you. And the guys coming who have never been down a drain, you will love it!!!
Last edited by damian on 03 Dec 2014, 12:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Go in drains :o
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Last edited by potplanty on 08 Jun 2016, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
I'm in if I can get the day off work.
By
Sounds good :) will be a fun day out!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey man, great to see we're getting this organised! I'll check with a couple of mates to see if they want to come along, but as far as I know this date is fine for me! I'll contact you when I've confirmed.
“People are supposed to fear the unknown, but ignorance is bliss when knowledge is so damn frightening.”
By
+1
Will have the day off work as will be on paternaty leave so count me in.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
damian wrote:Taking a few guys down 3 drains on the 6th december.
One is anzac, but wayyy past the chamber. Other locations will not be given out on a public forum, only via private message and will most likely only be discussed in person on the day.

Reply here and I will pm you my number... Text me after I send it to so I know you're serious, including your UEGA username..

When/Where:
gardenvale trainstation

6th december (saturday)!

We will meet at gardenvale station at 10am sharp at the bottom of the ramp on platform 2, enter the drain at 10:20 and probably be on our way to the next location by 11:15am

How long:
Be finished by about 2pm, unless anyone's keen for another drain I haven't been to myself. I will be exploring further that day either way so no pressure.

Look forward to meeting some of you. And the guys coming who have never been down a drain, you will love it!!!
Glad to see a new member taking some initiative and using this forum to meet others :)

This was the original mission of UEGA - to meet up with other explorers and not just exchange info or share pics.

Hope it all goes well and you guys have fun.

Pity I'm not in Vic otherwise I would try and turn up...
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:
damian wrote:Taking a few guys down 3 drains on the 6th december.

When/Where:
gardenvale trainstation

6th december (saturday)!

How long:

Glad to see a new member taking some initiative and using this forum to meet others :)

This was the original mission of UEGA - to meet up with other explorers and not just exchange info or share pics.

Hope it all goes well and you guys have fun.

Pity I'm not in Vic otherwise I would try and turn up...
Yeah I agree. Nothing better than sharing your passion for Urbex with fellow explorers!
“People are supposed to fear the unknown, but ignorance is bliss when knowledge is so damn frightening.”
By
Yeah I'll be keen to join in if I'm free for that day
By
I'd be keen to join and check out some stuff.
By
Only 2 more Saturdays :)

Loving everyone's passion. There's been a LOT of interest here and elsewhere :)
By
Last edited by potplanty on 08 Jun 2016, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
Umm. This is really s*** guys but we will have to cancel.

Light Rain forecast for Saturday + the 2 days earlier so even if we could go the canals Will be full..

:oops:
By
Are you going to be rescheduling at all?
By
I'm always keen. Throw some dates :)
By
By
How about keep the date and go somewhere else easliy accessable like the brickworks in either brunswick or box hill. Also a few places around port melbourne and yarraville if you want to go that far. Its just too bad its raining.
By
benderz wrote:How about keep the date and go somewhere else easliy accessable like the brickworks in either brunswick or box hill. Also a few places around port melbourne and yarraville if you want to go that far. Its just too bad its raining.
Defs would if I could even make it this weekend. Was planning on maybe going to a few abandos after the expo anyway. I guess if we reschedule we could always hit a few after the drains anyway?
By
By
potplanty wrote:
benderz wrote:How about keep the date and go somewhere else easliy accessable like the brickworks in either brunswick or box hill. Also a few places around port melbourne and yarraville if you want to go that far. Its just too bad its raining.
The Box Hill one is still a really good explore. Apparently they're making use of the motion sensing cameras now though so that could be an issue.
Don't know about Brunswick. Can't say I've ever been to it.

I'd be happy to go to Port Melbourne and look around sometime if anyone is keen. Have been meaning to meander through the area and see what catches my eye for a while now.
Definitely up for this some time. Why not go with everyone after the drain expo, make a day of it? I also think the bradmill site would be good to do if it's still around.
By
according to the 10day next weekend is rain too . What is wrong with you Melbourne, It's summer :p
By
Last edited by potplanty on 08 Jun 2016, 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
By
I was under the impression that Larundel had been gutted and was no longer worth it?
By
 Post a reply
Go