Login RegisterFAQ
Ideas for UEGA tour #2 ?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello everyone,

Due to such a great success with the first tour to Middle Head we decided to start brainstorming ideas for second lot of fun.

So lets start to get a feel for where everyone wants to go this time. Please post your suggestions.
If same location is mentioned twice by another member it will qualify to go into a voting poll.

Keep in mind that next place will need to also an easy access danger free place as im sure we will be joined by new members who may be less experienced.

Time given to decide on location (inc voting) is till 28/8/12. Extension may be allowed if people lag lol.
By
I was thinking a trip to the southern bunkers could be good. Anzac Rifle range, Mallabar and so on. Or a day trip south to check out Hellensburg and Hill 60.
Or a trip inland to check out the Dodgy Bridge from Hell, The Labrynth and an abandoned orphanage.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
LOL doesn't look like anyone want to go anywhere, 1 reply so far??
By
By
do something serious,not public access stuff
and set some rules-no tripods/if you want to f*** around you get left behind,come back later if you want to take time with pics

so everyone gets to explore the sites
that way you can get to a few sites in one go

eg hercs
swoo
abyss
batcave
sydney slide

or
qm
st james
rachel forster
rta
By
jonnie walker wrote:do something serious,not public access stuff
and set some rules-no tripods/if you want to f*** around you get left behind,come back later if you want to take time with pics

eg hercs
swoo
abyss
batcave
sydney slide

or
qm
st james
rachel forster
rta

These are both great ideas JW! A drain tour with a good group would be alot of fun!
AXEL
By
jonnie walker wrote:do something serious,not public access stuff

eg hercs
swoo
abyss
batcave
sydney slide

or
qm
st james
rachel forster
rta

Thanks for your input JW,

Because it is a public section of the forum there will be no running through serious/exclusive places as a part of an official UEGA tour. If you would like to organise a more "exclusive" tour you are welcome to do so in the VIP section of the forum.

General open tours are good to suss out people who attend them and removes liability . Unless you feel you need to share some nice locations with total strangers who for all we care could be vandals, graff artists and alike ? Or who may not be good with using their head and can injure themselves on more exclusive "cautious" locations. Getting my drift and where im going with this?

I personally like to take time with my camera, and really soak in the surroundings of my explorations. That way i know i have had a good look at where i went. But each explorer does things different.
By
Titan wrote: Thanks for your input JW,

Because it is a public section of the forum there will be no running through serious/exclusive places as a part of an official UEGA tour. If you would like to organise a more "exclusive" tour you are welcome to do so in the VIP section of the forum.

General open tours are good to suss out people who attend them and removes liability . Unless you feel you need to share some nice locations with total strangers who for all we care could be vandals, graff artists and alike ? Or who may not be good with using their head and can injure themselves on more exclusive "cautious" locations. Getting my drift and where im going with this?

I personally like to take time with my camera, and really soak in the surroundings of my explorations. That way i know i have had a good look at where i went. But each explorer does things different.
Yeah, I see public expos as a 'meet and greet' in a safe location deal. Nothing suss. That's where you make the contacts to do the more .....er .... 'grey' area stuff. Considering the wealth of locations that are perfectly legal to explore, open expos should be there. Also open expos tend to attract newbies, who do want to take their time and do want to do photography.

I see there being two types of expo. The open ones, and the grey ones. I like both. I like being able to explore 5-12 drains in a day (12 is my record and that was a tough day) with a bunch of experienced and dedicated drainers. Especially in summer when the weather is good and the days are long. But I also like doing a casual, no risk no stress day and share my knowledge as well. Both sort of expos have their place.

That said, I'm keen to do a Sydney topside expo soon.
So, this VIP section, how does one get access to it?
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Panic! wrote:
Titan wrote: Thanks for your input JW,

Yeah, I see public expos as a 'meet and greet' in a safe location deal. Nothing suss. That's where you make the contacts to do the more .....er .... 'grey' area stuff. Considering the wealth of locations that are perfectly legal to explore, open expos should be there. Also open expos tend to attract newbies, who do want to take their time and do want to do photography.

I see there being two types of expo. The open ones, and the grey ones. I like both. I like being able to explore 5-12 drains in a day (12 is my record and that was a tough day) with a bunch of experienced and dedicated drainers. Especially in summer when the weather is good and the days are long. But I also like doing a casual, no risk no stress day and share my knowledge as well. Both sort of expos have their place.

That said, I'm keen to do a Sydney topside expo soon.
So, this VIP section, how does one get access to it?
100% correct :)

As for VIP section of the forum read here: http://www.uega.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69
 Post a reply
Go