Login RegisterFAQ
Sydney rail network - Page 5
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
maizniek wrote: Perhaps taking 13 people doesn't help. I'm sure some of them are members on this site and they weren't "kids".

Are you aiming those statements at me? If so you're completely wrong, and maybe oblivious to the fact that the majority of us don't post photos in order to become famous.
Wasn't trying to. I'm sure you do your due-diligence. I'm putting those statements out to the ones who are doing it to create attention and possibly creating an inconvenience to the rail users when things go wrong...
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:
maizniek wrote: Perhaps taking 13 people doesn't help. I'm sure some of them are members on this site and they weren't "kids".

Are you aiming those statements at me? If so you're completely wrong, and maybe oblivious to the fact that the majority of us don't post photos in order to become famous.
Wasn't trying to. I'm sure you do your due-diligence. I'm putting those statements out to the ones who are doing it to create attention and possibly creating an inconvenience to the rail users when things go wrong...
Ok, I wasn't sure. I'm definitely with you on that one as well.
By
No worries, another hard week at work I think.

I could use a break and a bit of urbex :)
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
~~~
Last edited by Rantallion on 21 Feb 2019, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
Please clarify the CUG speed limits/change? Where did you get the info?

When was the last known urbex access to St James?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Unless someone who is currently in St James replies to this thread, I'm not sure anyone can give you an answer to that question.
By
Midget wrote:Does anyone know what security the underground rail connection between Epping and Chatswood has?

Other than the usual platform cameras. I've been itching to have a run through them, but wouldn't be so fun if I got a police greeting party at the next station.
Hey Guys! Im new here but thought id just contribute.. Most of the people ive heard/spoken to re. the Chatswood-Epping Line have either been caught or been chased out.. Anyone with other experience i'd be keen to hear.

Ive managed to find this Railcorp Document with information regarding CCTV and 'Intruder Detection'. Make of it what you will...

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct= ... 3O6Q4MM2rw
By
Here's a few photos a friend of mine took whilst he was down in these platforms last year;

By
JVE1 wrote:Hey Guys! Im new here but thought id just contribute.. Most of the people ive heard/spoken to re. the Chatswood-Epping Line have either been caught or been chased out.. Anyone with other experience i'd be keen to hear.

Ive managed to find this Railcorp Document with information regarding CCTV and 'Intruder Detection'. Make of it what you will...

Cool.
So quite risky, and probably being a newer system, it wouldn't be as exciting as I assume inner-city stuff is, with its ghost platforms etc. Although I could be wrong ;)
By
Have arranged a visit to the sydney tunnels.
Ghost platforms, tunnels under central, st James tunnels.
Looking forward. Arranging it very soon.
By
aydun wrote:
JVE1 wrote:Hey Guys! Im new here but thought id just contribute.. Most of the people ive heard/spoken to re. the Chatswood-Epping Line have either been caught or been chased out.. Anyone with other experience i'd be keen to hear.

Cool.
So quite risky, and probably being a newer system, it wouldn't be as exciting as I assume inner-city stuff is, with its ghost platforms etc. Although I could be wrong ;)
Yeah 100% agree.. Just intriguing as theyre the tunnels i pass through each day on the way to uni.. The inner city appears to be lower risk assuming u know what youre doing.
By
I'd have to say the inner city stuff is actually high risk now.
By
It was barely 2 years ago when it was all fair game. Too many teenagers posting selfies on social media has wiped out any access without being caught.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Yep, that's it.
I'm heading in next Fri.
By
-Clint- wrote:Yep, that's it.
I'm heading in next Fri.
NSW Police here, see you next Friday.
By
Good stuff.
;-)
Feel free to text me on Thurs evening, and I'll notify you where to meet us.
You won't, however, be permitted to join us for the trip.
By
A couple of mates have gotten into st James recently. 2am Sunday morning. covered their faces and bolted into the tunnels there. on of the main reasons these tunnels are so protected is the high terror threat, another is that a couple of years back 13 people ran into the train tunnels taking photos and sparked a terror emergency. now the police know as much about the tunnels as the people going into them.
By
I thought I saw photos from the tunnels on Insta today.
By
Rantallion wrote:I thought I saw photos from the tunnels on Insta today.
You can never know how recent they are though... Who ever it was posting them may have been saving them from a while ago.

Aussiemacka: Jumping off the platform seems like an unnecessary risk to me. Put your self in the shoes of those working in the Sydney Trains security office. Its 2am and you see a collective of masked men jumping off a platform. Whats your first thought?
By
JVE1 wrote: Aussiemacka: Jumping off the platform seems like an unnecessary risk to me. Put your self in the shoes of those working in the Sydney Trains security office. Its 2am and you see a collective of masked men jumping off a platform. Whats your first thought?
OMG real life ninjas. f*** this I'm not getting paid enough to deal with that s***. *Goes back to drinking coffee, eating donuts and watching por.... Ahem I mean YouTube videos.*
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
I think they're more likely to call the cops and then go back to their dougnuts and coffee.
By
peterh13 wrote:I think they're more likely to call the cops and then go back to their dougnuts and coffee.
Sounds reasonable.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
AFP randomly patrol the area.
You'll not access the disused stuff from the active lines (city inner and city outer) anyways.
Enjoy.
By
-Clint- wrote:AFP randomly patrol the area.
You'll not access the disused stuff from the active lines (city inner and city outer) anyways.
Enjoy.
Theres plenty of stuff to look out without going onto active rail lines. Thanks for the heads up anyway Clint. Didn't know the AFP was involved.
By
The thing is, peter, that people have decided that running off into the active rail tunnels is cool urbex-ey stuffs.
When access to the disused stuff was available, I can understand, if not condone it.
But I can tell you that the access points are now well secured since early December. I know the fella that arranged all new gates and locks. There is no climbing over/sliding under, or squeezing thru this stuff. It is now inaccessible from the city inner and outer, without the correct key.
 Post a reply
Go