Login RegisterFAQ
Photographer Threatened with a 15K Euro Fine and Jail
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
It is crazy to hear what sort of fines they are throwing out there. Looks like the prosecutor was trying to send a warning to all who dare.

Story/photo straight from The Other Side

"Alright.. I kept this offline a few months.. Because of this place I can't explore in France anymore next three years. Me and my companion Forgotten Decay Photography often explore places and mostly we don't know what we are going to see.. This huge factory was partly in use, partly abandoned. Seperate buildings on a large terrain.. We only wanted to visit the abandoned part. Here's the story... France, an early sunday morning... We were spotted by 10 workers (which shouldn't be there that day, but there was a protest, strike in progress) and they had us cornered. Oops.. Security took us away and police was called.. Before police arrived about 15 other worksman joined us. Police wasn't too happy at first, when they found out we were photographers and meant no harm they became a lot friendlier .. They knew we didn't break anything or didn't want to steal anything, that we just wanted to take pictures. But the word got to a prosecuter, he called local police and gave us the following warning and we had to sign some document : If we get caught again in France in a place we shouldn't be the next three years, we get a fine around 15.000 euro and possibly 1 year cell.. So I'm gonna skip France for a while.. Well those are the risks we take to give you these beautiful pictures."

By
I like the comment on the story
"Getting caught is eventually a part of the game. The suspended punishment is kind of harsh but hey..."

Yeah, am beginning to realize that first bit.
By
I think the moral of the story is that strikes affect both explorers and the general public.
 Post a reply
Go