Login RegisterFAQ
Got arrested for climbing a crane
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So on Sunday, I got arrested for climbing a crane with a friend. There were police waiting for us at the bottom we got instantly handcuffed and detained.

They locked me up in a room for 4 hours, didn't ask me any questions, but then let me go, and gave me a notice that I had to appear in court in a month for 'Tresspass/Climb Structure'

Does anyone know what the repercussions will be like? I've never been arrested/court before.
By
It may not get processed on your first appearance, and you'll recieve another court date for maybe a month later. If it was only the single charge you may get a fine and possibly a good behaviour period. A solicitor would be very handy.

Out of interest, which are was it in? Was it during the day?
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Scarecrow wrote:It may not get processed on your first appearance, and you'll recieve another court date for maybe a month later. If it was only the single charge you may get a fine and possibly a good behaviour period. A solicitor would be very handy.

Yeah, during the day in a busy area haha.
By
Bugger.
A good reminder to everyone about the legalities regarding such activities.

TR, Have you been convicted of anything in the past?
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
tonyrules wrote:
Scarecrow wrote:It may not get processed on your first appearance, and you'll recieve another court date for maybe a month later. If it was only the single charge you may get a fine and possibly a good behaviour period. A solicitor would be very handy.

Haha that was a good decision! Better luck next time.
I saw one of your stickers in Newtown today by the way.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
tonyrules wrote:

Jesus mate, you were asking for it. Maybe that's what you can say in defence: you were testing out the response of the constabulary to such an incursion.
Jaffs on CC and Jaffs01 on Flickr
"urbex is not for tourists......its for adventurers" DeScent (RIP)
By
tonyrules wrote: Does anyone know what the repercussions will be like? I've never been arrested/court before.
Employment is one thing. Some big companies do police checks, especially the global corporations.

Travel is another especially to US and Japan as they ask for this info (and we know both those places are rich in urbex). But I think they are more concerned about people in prison for more than a year, taking banned substances, anyone who is known for having a bad reputation or been in the news for being bad.

But I'm sure border officials can't check everyone with a bad record so probably everyone just ticks the "no" box. Furthermore usually after 5 years, people "forget" about these things as if it never happened. Anyway, ask the solicitor on the above points if unsure and make up your own mind from there.

I'm only giving this info as a "heads up" in terms of what could happen down the road after the court case. So more points on being careful not to be too obvious when doing urbex.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Call legal aid. They are usually pretty good with info.
Ask about getting any conviction to not be recorded.
By
By
A little update on the situation, I ended up handing in a written guilty plea and didn't have to stay in the courtroom. Then I got a letter today saying I have to go to court again next month.
By
Did you consult a lawyer?
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
tonyrules wrote:A little update on the situation, I ended up handing in a written guilty plea and didn't have to stay in the courtroom. Then I got a letter today saying I have to go to court again next month.
Those things are rarely settled in one appearance/date. Such a waste of time and resources for everyone involved.
 Post a reply
Go