Login RegisterFAQ
New Swoo
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey anyone had a look at swoo recently? doesnt seem to be as much about since it was redone or wateva happened.
i think i will have to find out for myself when this rain stops, anyone keen?
AXEL
By
I was last there about four months ago. It's near where I live, let me know when you plan to visit.
By
Swoo re-done? Huh.. First i heard of it.

Who- ever visits it next plz post some pics :)
By
Old swoo is still accessable if you know the small hole to crawl through will post my picks when i get a chance.
By
By
i had an above ground look today just to confirm it was were i thought it was, which it is, (turns out we had made good use of the spot before the fence in our younger years without even knowing where we were.)
im hoping for the rain to stop by saturday so i can head down, ammon (or anyone else) let me no if you feel like making the trip.
i have a few questions as all the info i have gathered is old and unreliable at times
1. does the main concrete shaft, after the entrance passage, pass straight under the pyramid on its way down or does it go to right of it and the pyramid is on a side feed?
2.what happens at the waterline/exit these days? do you have to come back up? info tells me that the old exit site has been demolished
3. whats upstream of the entrance? i traced it to the top and judging by terrain theres the potential for some serious slides there but looks real tight.
AXEL
By
thanks for the pics binjuice. is the old section still flowing or is it obsolete now its been redone?
did they redo it cause they realised someone fucked up big time with the supports for the new development?haha
AXEL
By
Not this weekend - there's an expo somewhere else :) mentioned on this board.
By
Up for a crack at swoo whenever others are heading there
By
will let u no sparks. r u local?
AXEL
By
All of Sydney is local to me :) Like to expo, will travel
By
pyramid is a side tunnel,worth a look

the down stream exit could be done if you were desperate,you have to climb over some s*** and swim under some s***,if memory serves

theres nothing upstream at all that i could fit into
By
Thanks JW. Helps to have a bit of an idea wat il run into.
AXEL
By
Anyone wanna hit up swoo on ??th july?
By
Thought people would like to know, you can exit the swoo downstream if you need to.
In the left hand tunnel(facing downstream) about 25M before the outfall there is a small tunnel, on your left at ground level. After about 2 body lengths there is a small grill box in a garden bed. Best to try flipping it back as there's bark around the collar.
Iv marked it with paint.
AXEL
By
You're the man mate!!!

I still have to come down some time and do all your local stuff with you. I haven't forgotten. Just extremely busy, with most weekends full, doing projects here and there, with a bit of UE interspersed.

Let me know if the boys (Bin and JW) are doing anything with you, and I'll make it for sure. I still want to see "Eternity" too.
By
Enigma wrote:You're the man mate!!!

I still have to come down some time and do all your local stuff with you. I haven't forgotten. Just extremely busy, with most weekends full, doing projects here and there, with a bit of UE interspersed.

Let me know if the boys (Bin and JW) are doing anything with you, and I'll make it for sure. I still want to see "Eternity" too.
Eternity is best done at night because of where you enter.
By
Count me in too if you guys are doing eternity or swoo any time soon
By
down to do the swoo anytime in three weeks
Last edited by Spades on 29 Apr 2013, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spades
By
axel wrote:Thought people would like to know, you can exit the swoo downstream if you need to.
In the left hand tunnel(facing downstream) about 25M before the outfall there is a small tunnel, on your left at ground level. After about 2 body lengths there is a small grill box in a garden bed. Best to try flipping it back as there's bark around the collar.
Iv marked it with paint.
I've never been before but if you're exiting Swoo downstream do you need to check when high tide/low tide is? Is the exit under water in high tide?
By
By
That is quite a knarly drain. I recall when I first went there I thought, that can't be the entrance. It's so small! :shock: Then I saw the pyramid by the rail line and realised I was in the right place and went in. I managed to slip over and destroy my torch. Lucky I had a backup. I must goback to photograph it one day.
By
Sparks wrote:Anyone wanna hit up swoo on ??th july?

yeppperrerrrrrs bud
Spades
By
Id be keen to have a look if people want to go sometime soon.
Could try for Hercules pillars on the same day maybe, not that for of a drive.
By
adm wrote:Id be keen to have a look if people want to go sometime soon.
Could try for Hercules pillars on the same day maybe, not that for of a drive.
yer, or a cycle ;)
Spades
 Post a reply
Go