Login RegisterFAQ
NST and NSOOS anyone?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
the Northside Storage Tunnels and the Northern Suburbs Ocean Outfall System (NSOOS).. Oh a place mystery and intrigue. The morale of the story is does anyone have pics?
The tunnel forms a complete underground system from North Head, near Manly, to the Lane Cove overflow site on the western side of the Lane Cove River.

There is a junction at Tunks Park, 9.5 km west of North Head. From this junction, a 3.7 km, branch tunnel Help Descriptionruns to Scotts Creek near Castle Cove.

There are also large underground caverns at North Head and Tunks Park. They were originally built to park tunnel boring machines, store equipment or as underground workshops. They are now used for ventilation. - "Sydney Water"

ImageImage

if you like reading..........
http://www.audit.nsw.gov.au/ArticleDocu ... px?Embed=Y
Last edited by twokick on 07 Jan 2014, 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When life's got you down, climb as high as you can!" - Revelations at 40+ stories
i get around like sushi on a kaiten
By
I hope Scarecrow or something knows about this, looks very interesting.
By
its pretty well known, i just f*****g want in!
"When life's got you down, climb as high as you can!" - Revelations at 40+ stories
By
Sydney Cave Clan recieved a legal warning letter from Sydney Water about this to stay out, and had to remove photos that were posted online on an old website.

It hasn't been explored since it was built, and for good reason. Apparently it overflowed in 2003; over 1 billion liters.

A few months ago there was a bit about it on channel 7 news.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
It hasn't been explored since it was built, and for good reason.
if you say so but its still my number 1 to do
By
twokick wrote:if you say so but its still my number 1
Even the best tunnel would get boring after you've been walking through it for a few kilometers. This is around 21km of much the same thing, with a couple of junctions where the branches join. Don't forget that it's pretty much a live sewer.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
 Post a reply
Go