Login RegisterFAQ
Best drain in Sydney
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys
Just wondering what the best drain in sydney is. Normally i do urbexing by myself so I want to get my mates involved in urbexing there not keen on cranes but have agreed to do one drain and see if they like it. I was thinking either swoo or fortress. Tell me any drain and i will find it, i know people.
TiNy
Oh and BTW i think i may have discovered a drain that is connected in my mates backyard.
By
TiNy wrote:Oh and BTW i think i may have discovered a drain that is connected in my mates backyard.
Ohhhh! Is it big?
Pics ir it didn't happen :D

Also, the "best drain" is subjective, and you'll just end up with individual's personal faves!
Eternity is my personal fave :) Also, nice for beginners.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
if i turn my head this way i think i can fit

in for a penny in for a pound go blackwattle then sydney drain
"When life's got you down, climb as high as you can!" - Revelations at 40+ stories
i get around like sushi on a kaiten
By
Eternity is a good one for beginners, completely in agreement with Nuggs. Historically the Fortress is considered Sydney's best drain (even the tag "Sydney's best drain" is written near mini cathedral in the Fortress), but once again it's completely subjective.

Swoo is a favourite, Eternity is definitely up there...mmm it's a difficult choice
Spades
By
Gobbledox is a very good drain. Massive, with several side-branches and places to climb. There's a mis-aligned RCP section which is always flooded. Walk from the upstream end to create huge bow waves that crash down over the edge. Always fun when someone is standing underneath. And then there's the overflow chamber side-quest for those who brave the thick multi-coloured mud and navigate the GPT and pipe.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Sydney has their own Best Drain award each year, but this list is from the Clannies and shows how popular Fortress is on a national scale.

I'd also chuck Herc's Pillars into the ring (once you get to it).

BEST DRAIN
1989 - Dungeon
1990 and 1991 - GOD
1992 - Dungeon
1993 to 1998 - Maze
1999 - Fortress
2000 to 2004 – Maze
Maze no longer voted for, but award changed to…
THE MAZE AWARD
2005 – Adelaide Darkie
2006 – Hobart Darkie
2007 – Big Ears Tomb and Fortress
2008 – Fortress
2009-2010-Big Ears Tomb
2011 – Fortress
2012 - AquaCave
2013 - 69er
By
the drain was already discovered by cave clan what was i thinking cave clan have been everywhere.
By
Ah, that's the well known TMBYD.

AKA TiNy's Mate's Back Yard Drain.
By
haha dougo :lol:
 Post a reply
Go