Login RegisterFAQ
Chatting thread. (Every forum must have one lol) - Page 51
 Post a reply
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So today I lost my keys and 2 spare sets of rechargable batteries, only realised they were gone when I got home and saw my zipper was undone on the very back pocket of my backpack and they were missing. Contemplating trying to retrace my steps and find them but I walked through so much bush and overgrown areas today I don't know if it's worth it. If I had money I'd probably just write it off as a loss but because I'm kinda broke it hurts to lose my spare rechargables. My house key I don't really mind so much, there's no way anyone could match it with my house as it's on a non descript key chain. What an annoyance......
May go and try but I doubt very much I'll ever see those things again....
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
At least it wasn't car keys and a wallet! hope you find some, if not all !!

defo bummer for sure!

UH
By
Well I walked 45mins back out to the site where I thought I lost my things. It was about 5:30pm when I got there and proceeded down the gated road that quite clearly said "Private Property". I didn't even get to begin my search before a grey 4wd started along the road behind me and stopped next to me, a woman asked me if I knew this was private property and I proceeded to mumble something about how I was just leaving. Defeated I wrote my things off as a loss and called my Mum for a lift home.

Fast forward to 1am. I'm the kind of person that if I don't do something like crawl to the end of a pipe to see if there's an exit I will never stop wondering if there was an exit. So I found myself wondering if my things were lying somewhere in the bushes out there. It was then that it struck me how my bag had been undone allowing them to fall out.

Earlier that day I had been writing my name on a short RCP underpass under the highway when a car had pulled along the private road and gone about 10m past me before stopping and backing up. I knew I'd been seen and this is the point where in my panic, having taken the sharpie out of the frontmost pocket of my backpack to write my name, I forgot to do the pocket back up again as I sprinted along the pipe and up the embankment on the other side to hide in the bushes. I heard the man from the vehicle yelling at me to 'keep running.' The car came around via the road under a bridge under the highway a bit further along. I heard it stop on the road opposite the RCP. I was lying behind some bushes almost exactly above the RCP entrance. I heard the man get out and walk around a bit. Thankfully he didn't walk up the embankment or he probably would've seen me.

So now I had pretty much ascertained from what point my things had the chance to fall out and seeing as sleep was evading me I got my bike out and proceeded to cycle back to the gate leading to the private road. Locking my bike to a tree a bit off the road I walked down the road to the RCP underpass. First checking the RCP itself and failing to find anything. Then, without much difficult due to all the broken bushes, retraced my steps up the embankment to where I had been hiding. Nothing. My torch played out up the embankment as I followed the trail I'd taken. Then I smiled. It felt wonderful. There, lying in the dirt I first saw my 2 spare sets of rechargeable batteries in their colorful 4 pack cases and then 30cm down the hill I saw my keys shining in the dirt.

And everyone lived happily ever after.
By
Echo wrote:I had been writing my name on a short RCP underpass
I think we all know the word for this.
By
Artistic-integrity?
By
Crispex wrote:
Echo wrote:I had been writing my name on a short RCP underpass
I think we all know the word for this.
I am a pro graffiti artist obviously :)
By
Welp, one of my NAS HDDs is failing :'(
Have to organise Western Digital to send out another one, there goes my weekend...
By
Got a crappy UV filter stuck on my lens. Arghghghghghgh. Camera related things never just seem to 'work' haha.
By
sneakes_ wrote:Got a crappy UV filter stuck on my lens. Arghghghghghgh. Camera related things never just seem to 'work' haha.
Try the following:

* To get a bit of leverage borrow or buy another UV filter and screw it on top. Then try screw both off.
* Put cloth over the filter and grip it tightly then unscrew.
* Put some water where the gap is and unscrew. That should lubricate the thread a bit.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
sneakes_ wrote:Got a crappy UV filter stuck on my lens. Arghghghghghgh. Camera related things never just seem to 'work' haha.
I had a Nikon polariser that always used to stick. I highly recommend these http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/8 ... h_Set.html you can probably get them even cheaper on eBay.

I wouldn't risk introducing any types of liquids or grease near the front element of a lens. I've even heard crazy ideas like putting the lens in the freezer. Just get these. They work a treat and you can find them for $2
By
Ordered some filter wrenches today, it's gonna be a while until they turn up though. I have a feeling I may have been turning the filter the wrong way last night, making it tighter. I'm an idiot lol. The glass is shifting a bit, might try and get some leverage from that way. It's real stuck though.
By
I was hoping the filter wrenches would be a last resort. Hopefully it works out.
By
Nvm, sussed it. /thumbsup
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Culled some pics for the first time today, I usually just keep all my snaps.
Free'd up 140GB... Maybe I get a little too snap happy.
By
we went to brambles and there was a guy in there looking through a 205 full of junk, we just went silent and backed out.

don't know what he was looking for but i hope he found it!
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Brambles... a 205... I know neither of these things.
By
Peugeot?
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Crispex wrote:Brambles... a 205... I know neither of these things.
brambles is a trashed out abando in newy full of junkies (we know this now)!

and I'm young so i use the metric system 205L = 44 gallon or there abouts

so an oil drum full of junk
By
Imagine a 205. It would be like Dunlop all over again!
By
I never went to Dunlop. :(
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Whaaat, Dunlop's like a Sydbey urbex rite of passage!
By
even i have done dunlop :D
By
I refuse to Dunlop.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
You're like that kid who doesn't wanna drink the out of date Bailey's someone snuck into the year six formal bc you think you're too good for it, m8.
 Post a reply
Go