Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello QLDer's

On 12th and 13th of October, Brisbane is having an "open house" in which a lot of historical buildings will be open for public viewing. If you can sift through the site there are actually quite a few places (including the masonic temple, old museum, bogo road jail, the Old Windmill and many more):

http://brisbaneopenhouse.com.au/2013-buildings

Thought I would pass it on for anyone interested.
Cheers,
"Did you know urine is sterile? That's right, you can drink it."
By
Thank RK. Sounds great!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Seen it on the news last nite. Looks like a good day out
By
will be checking out a couple, and have put in for ballot for a few too
By
Melbourne and Sydney also do this at different times of the year. Sydney is usually the first weekend of November, I think. Melbourne has already been this year.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
so, anyone else having a look at this? i got a spot to check out the riverside centre at 12pm satdy (yawn) if anyone wants my other ticket. good view from the top maybe but that's about it.. having a look at boggo rd gaol and the ecosciences centre either before/after that, will be more interesting
By
Boggo Rd is great. The contrast between the nice courtyard and the cramped hellish cellblock makes it quite interesting.
By
Dynamite wrote:Boggo Rd is great. The contrast between the nice courtyard and the cramped hellish cellblock makes it quite interesting.
it was really good, smaller than i remember but then again the newer section is gone. when i was about 15 they used to hold sleepouts for charity, went a couple of years in a row, slept in the cells, not that we got any sleep, spent all night running around in the dark, very few locked doors, bands and food. also had a look in the ecosciences labs and one of the highrises in town, which wasn't overly exciting. good to get into town on a weekend and look down some gullies though we didn't find anything. I'd put some pics up but flicky no worky :?
By
By
Cooool. I often ride past there so nice to see the other side of the wall!
By
By
Very nice contrast in your photos. I had no idea Boggo Rd Gaol was having open days.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Superb photos, wish I'd been able to make that day to boggo rd. do you think they'll be doing any more open days?
By
Thanks guys, They are actually open a lot, twice a day tues to sun, and some night tours are available, which I think ill do as will be easier. Can do ghost tours etc too
By
Great pics! I've always wanted to see the Black Hole but apparently that is off limits these days? (or completely filled in)
"Did you know urine is sterile? That's right, you can drink it."
By
Nice series. Looks like a cool place
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
rhubarb_king wrote:Great pics! I've always wanted to see the Black Hole but apparently that is off limits these days? (or completely filled in)
hmm, something to google, didn't hear mention of that, but it was a quick, over-crowded tour (that i missed most of while off taking pics, as per usual)
 Post a reply
Go