Login RegisterFAQ
GPO Tunnels
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the tunnels running underneath the General Post Office in Brisbane? Are they worth a look? Do they have another name that I may have heard of? Do they still exist? I've been looking around on Oz At War and Sleepy City, but I can't seem to fiind much info. Thanks in advance for any help. :)
Vivre La Vie
By
That's a very direct first post.

Welcome aboard.
By
Haha, thanks. coothatower showed me this site, I've been exploring some stuff with him for a while now and kinda just watching over his shoulder when he posts stuff here. I was doing some reading and thought I might try and see what info I could get about the GPO tunnels in my first post. :)
Vivre La Vie
By
Welcome to the forums. I've also heard rumours about these tunnels under the post office, but never heard anything concrete about them.
By
I hope it's some secret sanctuary of urbex goodness. Haven't found any more info about it yet. :/
Vivre La Vie
By
Hey FB

Did u find the secret sanctuary of urbex goodness under the GPO?

;)
-
--> Darkday Flickr - Urbex Photos - Albums -- ---> Our Explores Posted List - 2 - UEGA
By
To my knowledge nobody has every managed to get into them. Cracking them would be legendary. Good luck.
sleepycity.net. watch out for the third rail baby, that s*** is high voltage
By
I've been under the GPO. Sadly from what I could gather anything that was there and interesting has since been filled with concrete. Of course there may be other areas. I did see some cool tags there from the 1950's, probably from workers.
I put a "No Trespassing" sign on the fence. Now no one will enter.
 Post a reply
Go