Login RegisterFAQ
Climbing some radio towers - Page 2
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Post Deleted

Summary: Don't climb these towers.
Last edited by Spoz on 02 Sep 2013, 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By
I'm not saying its safe but understanding what makes it dangerous is important. In reality by far the most dangerous part is climbing the tower itself. It is possible to calculate safety when you know you know what's actually transmitting on a tower. You don't have to be a expert to realise when someone doesn't really know what their talking about when they base their factual evidence on someone who got messed up from a microwave. No I'm not a expert but people are not going to base their entire education about the dangers of rf on some random posts on a forum. It's just a username yours is Spoz.
By
this guy's parents were tower climbers
By
Many thanks to Coothatower for taking me for my first radio tower climb. It was interesting to say the least. A quick summary of the evenings events:
The view of the city was awesome
My level of fitness and upper body strength is embarrassingly poor
Climbing old metal rungs hurts your hands (advise wearing gloves if you're new to it)
If you piss off a family of crows that are nesting on the ladder, watch out, they'll s*** on you and swoop you

All in all it was very cool. We also accessed the adjoining building thanks to some awesome ninja climbing done by coothatower and we had a quick look at the decommissioned broadcast equipment and some other areas in this complex

Very cool and we'll be back. Pics to come next time when I take my DSLR
By
Is this tower a part of the mt cootha tower chain? Could you drop a pin as to which one it is couldn’t find it… thanks
By
BigJapper wrote:
09 May 2023, 7:25 pm
Is this tower a part of the mt cootha tower chain? Could you drop a pin as to which one it is couldn’t find it… thanks
If you mean the ones in the link on the first post - then no - that's not Mt Coot-thha.
They are north of Mt Nebo
 Post a reply
Go