Login RegisterFAQ
Leopard street tunnel
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Last night me and my friends did the leport street tunnel/batcave we started at the tidal entrance and went until the hell junction (this place http://sleepycity.net/posts/31/The-Bris ... ft-n-Sweet ) and took the exit tunnel. Where does the hell tunnel go? have any of you ever done it? I read it was called hell because its small and hurts your back and being tall we decided to avoid this. If its worth exploring we will probably make another trip down to do it.
By
No idea, have heard its a waste of time. Or is that what they say so we dont find the gold!!
By
I've never heard it referenced as Leopard St Tunnel. It doesn't have the same ring to it.

Anything in a drain marked as hell is always a shrinker or goes forever.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
It's the ones marked 'Exit' you really wanna stay away from ;)
By
I actually cant rembemer where i heard it was called that, it sure was a batcave a couple of times we had to lie down due to literally a hundred bats flying through the tunnel. Haha sure exit tunnels are bad, hell tunnel sounds much more friendly.
By
Checking this one out real soon, good week for it. Genetal consensus is that it's uhhh... Hell?
By
I've done it twice.
Both times from an upstream entrance (best way to do it in my opinion).
By
Yep upstream is definately easiest. It also puts you right at hell junction faster, if you're still keen on giving that tunnel a try.
By
Just did about 100m of hell, not going to try again.what I want to know is if anyones gone all the way up the other pipe at the other junction.. Im sure i know where it goes but seems like a crawl is the only way to get there
By
Do you mean they junction closer to the outfall? i was thinking once I used a longboard to go really far in something small like hell tunnel quite comfortably, its pretty easy with two people facing opposite directions with their back together on the board, the one at the back pushes with their legs an the person at the front steers. i might go back and try this next time. With the other junction it looked quite large still and looks like it might go somewhere like the exit tunnel takes you to.
By
yeah, thats the one. my dodgy map says its a reasonable size most of the way but we came to a junction with 3 small options and the one we were meant to take was a bit smaller than expected and silted up. gonna go back with gloves and long pants next time...decided shorts was better for the deep sections but when we passed a manky possum in the brick section, was wishing i had long pants in case it decided i was as good as a tree
By
Oops double post
Last edited by No+Pro on 19 Aug 2013, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
moved some pics to an AUSUE thread
Last edited by No+Pro on 11 Jan 2014, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
I likes no. 3.
By
They look pretty cool thanks for posting, I think I'm going to take my dslr and shoot the hell junction next time I have a couple ideas about things I want to try out. What lenses/body do you mainly use?
By
coothatower wrote:They look pretty cool thanks for posting, I think I'm going to take my dslr and shoot the hell junction next time I have a couple ideas about things I want to try out. What lenses/body do you mainly use?
i have a Nikon d5100 and pretty much only use a sigma 10-20mm now. still havent gone back to check out that side pipe..
By
Cheers for the pics :) Sadly I have never ventured into the bat cave. How far is it to the hell junction, would you say?
"Did you know urine is sterile? That's right, you can drink it."
By
Around 1.2k.
Or 300m from exit
 Post a reply
Go