Login RegisterFAQ
Barossa & Happy Valley Reservoir Tunnels
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Anyone every ventured into them?
Or are they off limits, being SA Water property?

Barossa one, looks interesting, but where do both of them end?
By
When I saw this post, I got excited thinking someone might have done these!
I would, if only I lived in SA :)

You will not get much specific info for such places from members in this public forum.
I suggest Google Maps, Wiki, Trove, or good old footwork ;)

All the best!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Guess I'll have to try it, over the fence I go! Wish me luck, I'll take the action cam with me and a lifejacket!
Eiher I'll post results here, or I'll end up on Ch9 news after being caught!
Clarendon Weir also most interesting!
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Not at all encouraging anything dangerous and/or illegal - good luck!

I believe the Clarendon weir is accociated with the Happy Valley reservoir tunnel.
You'll find info on the heritage register, etc.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Sounds very interesting. Reservoir tunnels are fantastic. I haven't been to SA for a couple of years, but I'd come back to check these out. Hope you find something good.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Is there anything interesting out at the Happy Valley reservoir? Always drove past wondering..
By
faithinfate84 wrote:Is there anything interesting out at the Happy Valley reservoir? Always drove past wondering..
It's fed via a 5km long 1.8m diameter tunnel from Clarendon weir.
It's about 100m deep in parts.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
By
--- Deleted ---
By
sean0038 wrote: Clarendon Weir also most interesting!
I've been interested in the Clarendon Weir also of late. Clarendon Weir leads into Happy Valley Reservoir.

Would be interested in knowing if this tunnel has enough height to walk upright in?
Drains are okay. [insta: awesomeadelaide]
By
if you venture into the mine at the weir, use caution its filled with white asbestos
never die wondering ;)
By
For some reason this thread makes me think of Tom Petty and this song;

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
just to wake up an old thread has anyone actually done this yet?

i investigated it a while back its definitely not tall enough to stand up in and is almost always flowing with water.. if you start at the clarendon end you could technically "float" all the way down to the happy valley side just near the reservoir as there is another opening!

both sides have high fences, razor wire and ABUS locks on everything
By
send me some pics..
By
the inlet and outlet are well secured by abloy locks so no stealthy entering.. unless you have a bit of time to rebarrel a lock...
never die wondering ;)
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
I know this is old but me and a mate explored some of the old happy valley transfer tunnel today.

I believe that they replaced the old one so more water could flow but I’m not entirely sure
By
how far did it go for? didnt know there was a tunnel there.
By
Buzzznuts wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 9:29 pm
how far did it go for? didnt know there was a tunnel there.
It's quite interesting, the tunnel that willl did was the OLD outflow pipe. The Happy valley water transfer pipe (Also known as dynamic pancake for some reason) used to come out the the left of where the new outflow and steel pipe is. You can see the old outflows headwall (weird high arched thing) as it's partially buried but the top sticks out. The old steel pipe that pumps into the reservoir was removed but you can still get into the old concrete tunnel that travels through the hill and into the reservoir. It has INCREDIBLY bad air because it's blocked on one end and there's zero airflow into it. I do a fuckton of drains and I was breathing extremely heavily and actually even turned around. There's almost nothing to see inside the tunnel except for roots that have crept inside. Oh, And you can't actually do the Barossa tunnel, I've been to the outflow and it is filled entirely with water because it starts underwater lol, that's why (If you've ever found it on google maps) you can only see one end and not the other like other Resi tunnels. They actually service the tunnel by blocking it off and even then they still use boats to go inside so that gives you an idea of how deep the water is. There's a star of David with a plaque on top of the outflow, and that's my proof I've been and aren't just talking out my arse, I didn't take photos sorry. Hope that answers at the very least the Barossa side of this thread.
Follow me on insta, @grimb0
By
that sucks. ive spent too long looking for new tunnels to explore that are at least half decent. I think ill just revisit the drains ive already explored and look for rooms and offshoots ive missed.
By
You'd be surprised how many good drains there are in SA thankfully, if you shoot me a PM I'd be happy to show you some you haven't seen before (If you'd be down)
By
The air in the happy valley tunnel seemed ok when I went in there, it might have been because I didn’t reach the end.
By
That's probably why lol
 Post a reply
Go