Login RegisterFAQ
Sydney Urbex space cadets
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Anybody know Phillip Moore? Here, watch...

[youtube]6oE61Pkvi4k[/youtube]
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Last edited by f1ex on 22 Jul 2013, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
f1ex wrote:I know of him, goes by twentyfourseven / 24-7 / Slick on the internet, does lots of rooftops and stuff with his mates who are all about 16-18
I think he might actually be a member here.

Have a look at this, not rail related but he's in it and it's pretty cool:
[youtube]VojG2EXzW44[/youtube]
Skip to 5m34s unless you want to watch an 11 minute video
By
f1ex wrote:
f1ex wrote:I know of him, goes by twentyfourseven / 24-7 / Slick on the internet, does lots of rooftops and stuff with his mates who are all about 16-18
I think he might actually be a member here.

Have a look at this, not rail related but he's in it and it's pretty cool:
[youtube]VojG2EXzW44[/youtube]
Skip to 5m34s unless you want to watch an 11 minute video

No offence, but WTF is so cool about that? I wish he is here so he can read this. If I find out who he is I'm gonna infiltrate his bedroom & tag up all over his Sony Playstation, fuken morons.
I could go on, but these types of idiots are what's fuking up our hobby. Brainless kids, need educating.
And you should have warned me about the music, I felt like stabbing my ears with blunt pencils when I couldn't reach the mute button lol.
By
Hahaha the painting isn't the cool part. I probably said too much but oh well.
I don't know how I quoted myself
By
Problems is they show were they are & how they get in/out & they tag up all over a wall & window in an empty building where only the pissed off tenants/owners will see it. And once that is seen nobody can no longer go back there again or risk getting blamed for all the damage.

Where I come from it's called shitting in your own backyard. Only dumb dogs do that.
By
Just can't watch the graffiti bit. That's what gets most places locked up now these days. The silo is a prime example - a few years ago it was still very clean and accessible.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Cool video.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
This guy recently joined the forum. He goes by the name "Slick" here but he is well renowned as twenty-four seven. I met him yesterday as a coincidence but we've talked before via email and instagram. He is particularly interested in train stations and rooftops.
Spades
By
I hear the cops are already interested in him. And I've also been told that the graff community isn't impressed with his antics, and that's saying something because graffers usually don't give a sh1t.
By
blakjak wrote:I hear the cops are already interested in him. And I've also been told that the graff community isn't impressed with his antics, and that's saying something because graffers usually don't give a sh1t.
I'm not trying to be aggressive or start a fight but where are you getting this information? Everyone knows the cops are interested in him, he's been taken to the station a couple times but the graff community think he is alright. They employ him to photograph his art sometimes, even this Sunday. He RARELY graffs, he is mostly a very, very skilled photographer.

I talk to him a lot, he isn't as bad as people are making him out to be. Blakjak, you admit you used to tag a lot when you were a kid...well this guy is a kid too but with increasing media attention because of our day and age. It's that generation. Your generation would have been much less publicised. These days you can upload a video and the whole world could know about it in a second. Everything's blown out of proportion.
Spades
By
Spades wrote:I'm not trying to be aggressive or start a fight but where are you getting this information?
I wont say their names here, but the 2 guys I spoke to who know (of) him have been graffing since before this guy was born. They have been very well known in the graff game for ages, yet they tell me this 24/7 has just popped on the scene. And I am sure he told you teh graff community loves him, but that simply is not the truth. Those few people who have heard of him do not like him, they say he is giving them a bad name, & making the game more difficult by his blatant actions.
Spades wrote:Everyone knows the cops are interested in him, he's been taken to the station a couple times but the graff community think he is alright. They employ him to photograph his art sometimes, even this Sunday. He RARELY graffs, he is mostly a very, very skilled photographer.
Well I didn't know till I was told a few days ago, & seeing as he's about 18yo & already known by the cops for graff, he's obviously doing it wrong. And "very skilled phtographer' is a big call from you considering all you use is your fone cam. :)
Spades wrote:I talk to him a lot, he isn't as bad as people are making him out to be. Blakjak, you admit you used to tag a lot when you were a kid...well this guy is a kid too but with increasing media attention because of our day and age. It's that generation. Your generation would have been much less publicised.
I'm sure if we hung out with Hitler too he would have been a decent guy & all. :) And yeah, we all do stupid things when were young, but that doesn't mean it's ok. And I quit tagging when I was 15yo, when I got busted by my dad's mate (very embarressing). This guy is surely old enough to know better by now.
Spades wrote:These days you can upload a video and the whole world could know about it in a second. Everything's blown out of proportion.
That's the bad bit, the way he shows off on Youtube, nobody likes a big noter.
And hey, you are free to hang with him & stuff, but be aware that his actions might also taint you with the same brush. And it's very surprising considering your attitude towards graffiti whenever you explored with me.
And no offence bro but trying to change my opinion about him when I have been told the exact oposite of what you're saying by people who know better just wont cut it, sorry.

Peace,
BJ
By
Graff scene probably don't like him because he has the hand writing of a 5 year old. I love graff, love it, but that was the worst kind of graff - repetition of the same lame tag 5 times in 5 metres.

I did enjoy that vid though because they were in some pretty unique places.

Graffers are doing the same thing we're doing really - exploring out cities, the only difference is they like to leave their mark.
By
twisties wrote:I did enjoy that vid though because they were in some pretty unique places.

Graffers are doing the same thing we're doing really - exploring out cities, the only difference is they like to leave their mark.
The thing is, those "Pretty unique places" will be locked up if anyone related to it sees the video, and it makes them look like idiots. Imagine if you're security for a place like that, hell, might have your ass on the line for allowing a bunch of kids to graff everywhere and then, to post a video of how they did it on the net. Any mark you leave is like a big "PEOPLE HAVE BEEN IN HERE" sign to anyone involved. Imagine if every girl you dated had every former BF's tag tattooed across her chest? You know you're not the first, but you forget it, and keep exploring. ;)

The one thing I've learned in this game is if you're not a d***, you get to know people, you'll not only always have people to explore with, you'll always have places to explore, and the locations that aren't shared lightly, are the ones that blow your mind with awesomeness!
By
Nick wrote:
twisties wrote:I did enjoy that vid though because they were in some pretty unique places.

The thing is, those "Pretty unique places" will be locked up if anyone related to it sees the video, and it makes them look like idiots. Imagine if you're security for a place like that, hell, might have your ass on the line for allowing a bunch of kids to graff everywhere and then, to post a video of how they did it on the net. Any mark you leave is like a big "PEOPLE HAVE BEEN IN HERE" sign to anyone involved. Imagine if every girl you dated had every former BF's tag tattooed across her chest? You know you're not the first, but you forget it, and keep exploring. ;)

The one thing I've learned in this game is if you're not a d***, you get to know people, you'll not only always have people to explore with, you'll always have places to explore, and the locations that aren't shared lightly, are the ones that blow your mind with awesomeness!
Thx Nick, I'm glad somebody else gets it.
And I love your GF tattoo analogy lol.
By
twisties wrote:Graffers are doing the same thing we're doing really - exploring out cities, the only difference is they like to leave their mark.
I hope you don't get offended by this Twisties, but that's like saying copper theives are doing the same thing we're doing.

I could give you some great examples of some great locations that were abandoned & explorable for years until some fuckwit graffer did a piece on an outside wall for everyone to see. Then every toy wanna be graffer smashes their way into the location and fucks the place up so the owner/council puts security up the locations arse or the place becomes such a hazard and eyesore that they arer forced to do something with it (sell/demolish).

If a graffitist tags, bombs &/or pieces in a location then they are NOT exploring, they are there to tag, bomb &/or piece, NOT to explore.

I know of graffitists that put exploring ahead of graffiti, but they are few and far between.
By
Just the other day I got into an encounter with a graffer's rottweiler and had to flee. Really annoying what they do, they seem to think the whole place is theirs. So I'm also now against graffers except the proper ones who do the commissioned work.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Once again Nick, Dougo and blakjak- you all have convincing arguments. I hate graffers. But I have to say (save Nick unless you go by a different CC alias), I've seen all your tags in most every major drain in Sydney and isn't that the same thing? Saying "PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HERE."

This guy's literally just a kid, just like you guys were. He's making some mistakes similar to you guys once did when you first started exploring (I've seen the interviews). He's gotta smarten up and I've had convos with him. If you know him well, you'd realise he is primarily a photographer. That's his job anyway. You can view his photos here: http://instagram.com/twentyfoursevenn.

Trust me, there are much worse graffers than this guy- he just sprays a tag-much like we all do.

For the record I hate graffers, I've never graffed in my life. I respect good graffiti, good paint. I respect people's tags and I've started an odd tag in places I've been to just to say "Spades was here. I exist.," but it's not just graffers that get places locked up. Let's admit it. We'd love to blame them for everything, but sometimes it's just CC or an odd teenager having a poke around.

He said he will more likely leave a photo than a can in the future.
Spades
By
Blakjak, I don't know who your sources are but even if they think he is the scum of the earth in terms of graffing, (maybe he is), have they ever actually met the guy?

I've met 24-7 twice and I'm not "hanging" with him and I don't "explore/graff" with him. All I'm saying is from personal experience and from the people I talk to, he is ok. Not a highly monitored police outcast who have deduced every place he's been too and locked it up. As you may guess I'm a bit closer to his age denomination than probably those graffers that have been graffing before he has ever been born. It's true his graff is total s***, there's no denying that. And arguable whether his photography is good or not (and like you said blakjak, I'm in no place to judge) it is widely respected, by my age denomination anyway.

The point I was making is he is not just a graffer. I wouldn't normally defend a graffer and you ask Mist, I was bitching about him the entire time down in St James as his tag was everywhere and he put his own locks on certain gates...but he isn't that bad. There are entirely worse non-graffers and we have all made mistakes.
Spades
By
Yeah you might have seen my tag, but I bet you have never seen me in a vid on Youtube committing crimes. :)
Nothing wrong with tagging, all of us have done it. But bragging about trespassing & posting vids of yourself tagging on Youtube is another thing altogether. You can try defend him/them as much as you like, but it doesn't do you any favours.

Security is getting harder every day without tipping the authorities off with vids of what they/we do. Posting compromising pix on Instagram is te hcancer that is killing urbex.

PS: you say he is a kid, then yo usay he is experienced, & is a proffesional photographer. No offence, but that is very hard to believe.
By
blakjak wrote:Yeah you might have seen my tag, but I bet you have never seen me in a vid on Youtube committing crimes. :)
Nothing wrong with tagging, all of us have done it. But bragging about trespassing & posting vids of yourself tagging on Youtube is another thing altogether. You can try defend him/them as much as you like, but it doesn't do you any favours.

Security is getting harder every day without tipping the authorities off with vids of what they/we do. Posting compromising pix on Instagram is te hcancer that is killing urbex.

PS: you say he is a kid, then yo usay he is experienced, & is a proffesional photographer. No offence, but that is very hard to believe.
Who am I to judge photography. I'm just repeating what others say- he is employed as a photographer anyway. I understand the security problem and he needs to smarten up. I'm not defending him, I have nothing to gain in all of this. Just trying to put everything in perspective.
Spades
By
Spades wrote:Once again Nick, Dougo and blakjak- you all have convincing arguments. I hate graffers. But I have to say (save Nick unless you go by a different CC alias), I've seen all your tags in most every major drain in Sydney and isn't that the same thing? Saying "PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HERE."

This guy's literally just a kid, just like you guys were. He's making some mistakes similar to you guys once did when you first started exploring (I've seen the interviews). He's gotta smarten up and I've had convos with him. If you know him well, you'd realise he is primarily a photographer. That's his job anyway. You can view his photos here: http://instagram.com/twentyfoursevenn.
Heheh, I'm not CC and Nick is my only alias I'm afraid, you'll not see my name anywhere, plus, I'm more your age than the others (18-24 age bracket) (Not that I'm having a dig at the elderly here ;) )

I guess it just gets to me, and I'm sure it gets to you, when someone posts something on line that can get locations locked up, especially in Sydney's current "Drought", (maybe I've just been exploring too much).

I'm actually not too different from 24/7, I started an Urbex blog with a few mates a few years ago that got a fair bit of traffic, you may or may not have seen it, anyway, at the start, I posted the names of locations, hell, some I even put GPS co-ordinates. I thought I was "sharing", I was showing off all these cool places "I'd found", I thought it was great to find these places. (Back then, I didn't think anyone explored much in Australia.) Heaps of people emailed me, asking if they could come along with us, and we had a jolly old time.

After a while I got an email from someone who'd been exploring a while, it was a bit ranty, and angry, and telling me to "pull my f*****g head in" blah blah blah after I'd posted photos of something that s/he considered "sensitive" that I'd found a way into. I just assumed I knew better, and continued thinking "what's up his arse". I'm guessing that's what 24/7 is thinking too, the only two opinions he hears are "Holy s*** that's cool" and "Dude, don't f*****g post this s***!", and so he continues on listening to the ones who think it's cool and ignores the ones that say stop posting stuff, that's what I did.

Then someone started bribing me with new locations in exchange for taking down the posts of others. Light bulb moment. "Not posting locations leads to not pissing people off, means if I want to get into something, all I have to do is ask." (Maybe not that easy, but people are far more willing to share knowledge) People know who I am, and a few of them have recognized that I've changed, and have been nice enough to share sites with me, and they're better than (almost) anything I found when I was posting everything. I've explored in over 20 countries and done some rather mind blowing sites.

What I'm getting at is sometimes these voices telling people to stop posting content sound harsh, people like 2009 Nick & this guy pop up every so often, they're quite good at exploring & getting into places. They hear a mix of praise and condemnation. But there's some brains and experience behind those tuts, and if you indulge them, get to know them, they'll make exploring a lot easier & more fruitful.

That's the advice I'd like to hand onto 24/7, as someone who's been in a very similar situation.

Spdaes, if he wants to get in contact with me, feel free to give him my details, and if agrees to take down some of his content & stop spraying his name on things, he has my word I'll take him to see some cool things. (Cooler than Train Tunnels & non-notable rooftops)

Positive Re-Enforcement for the win.
By
Respect Nick. Sounds like you've been through alot and would love to explore with you sometime. I'll pm you his deets.
Spades
By
Nick said how I feel in a much better way. Don't think I have anything against you Spades, you're the type we need in the urbex game & in the 2-3 times we met we got on well. It's just I have seen this happen many times before & I know the outcome can't end good.
By
blakjak wrote:Nick said how I feel in a much better way. Don't think I have anything against you Spades, you're the type we need in the urbex game & in the 2-3 times we met we got on well. It's just I have seen this happen many times before & I know the outcome can't end good.

Mate you're absolutely right (about seeing it happen so many times and all), you are wayyyy more experienced and you probably even thought the way I did at one point, but you've seen this happen probably 100x over and I'm just being naive I guess.

As urban explorers we do have to protect our turf and our treasures, and graffers are sometimes are the ones that can just ruin that...
Spades
 Post a reply
Go