Login RegisterFAQ
Melb's Random Meetup Thread - Page 8
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Doing an old mill in Melbourne's east at approx 1pm with a couple of people. Anyone want to tag along?
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:Doing an old mill in Melbourne's east at approx 1pm with a couple of people. Anyone want to tag along?
Good flicks this time round?
I didn't get off the couch much yesterday after spending most of Saturday apartment shopping + at the Soccer.
By
Crispex wrote:
Echo wrote:Doing an old mill in Melbourne's east at approx 1pm with a couple of people. Anyone want to tag along?
Good flicks this time round?
I didn't get off the couch much yesterday after spending most of Saturday apartment shopping + at the Soccer.
I got what I thought were some nice shots. Nothing professional but it was an enjoyable explore all the same. I upload almost all my pictures to my Facebook account. You can add me if you'd like, Echo Archer.
By
Echo wrote:I upload almost all my pictures to my Facebook account. You can add me if you'd like, Echo Archer.
Yeah I noticed - already there. :P
By
Crispex wrote:
Echo wrote:I upload almost all my pictures to my Facebook account. You can add me if you'd like, Echo Archer.
Wait..... Who are you?
By
Echo wrote:
Crispex wrote:
Wait..... Who are you?
International Man of Mystery.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I'll be in Melb/Geelong for 2 weeks from Monday and hoping to get a bit of time to explore if anyone wants to catch up or PM me some stuff to check out...
The explorer in the west................
By
Weather is looking wonderful for this weekend. I've got a nice trip planned around Melbourne for Saturday if anyone would like to join. We will be doing a bridgeroom and approx 5 drains if we stay on schedule. Kicking off at 10am, meeting at Flinders Street Station. I am meeting up with Steamidge (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3988) as he has expressed interest at seeing some places and what I have planned is fairly laidback. He is 14. I mention this because I know of course that some of you are not comfortable exploring with underage people. If anyone is interested let me know. The only thing you'll be required to bring is a torch. Shoes/clothes that you don't care about too much are also advised.
Cheers, Echo.
By
Have plans to do some more bridgerooms/drains this Saturday/Sunday. If you're interested PM me.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm back kicking around Melbourne again if anyone wants to come do some stuff.
By
kontour10 wrote:I'm back kicking around Melbourne again if anyone wants to come do some stuff.
I wish, not in Melbourne most of the time anyway and I'm heading out to rural Victoria this weekend, same place we went for Easter. Have fun though, Melbourne should never disappoint.
By
kontour10 wrote:I'm back kicking around Melbourne again if anyone wants to come do some stuff.
How long are you staying around in Melbourne for?
But then again, I am 14, so it probably won't matter anyway. Are you over 18 and happy to explore with an underage person(/s)?
By
steamidge wrote:
How long are you staying around in Melbourne for?
But then again, I am 14, so it probably won't matter anyway. Are you over 18 and happy to explore with an underage person(/s)?
I'll come along mate, (similar age)
By
Yeah that'd be cool. How does next weekend sound?
I might be able to make this Sunday
By
Uhhh I've been so caught up in new experiences I almost forgot to mention that Steamidge, CWE and myself are meeting up tomorrow at approx 10am to do a couple of bridgerooms and some drains in Melbourne. If anyone else wants in just let me know and I'll tell you where to be.
Cheers, Echo.
By
Echo wrote:Uhhh I've been so caught up in new experiences I almost forgot to mention that Steamidge, CWE and myself are meeting up tomorrow at approx 10am to do a couple of bridgerooms and some drains in Melbourne. If anyone else wants in just let me know and I'll tell you where to be.
Cheers, Echo.
Ill be slaving away at the MCEC playing with all sorts of toys tomorrow sadly.
By
Crispex wrote:
Echo wrote:Uhhh I've been so caught up in new experiences I almost forgot to mention that Steamidge, CWE and myself are meeting up tomorrow at approx 10am to do a couple of bridgerooms and some drains in Melbourne. If anyone else wants in just let me know and I'll tell you where to be.
Cheers, Echo.
Ill be slaving away at the MCEC playing with all sorts of toys tomorrow sadly.
Cant say I envy you haha. We should catch up sometime though, what's it been now? 6 months or something.
By
Going to be in Melbourne this Saturday the 24th and am keen to do some more drains. The weather is currently saying a top of 26 and sunny. Current plans are Maze Drain kicking off at about 10am and then The Great Staircase. Have had some people express interest in Mini Tenth so may end off the day by heading out that way, could even do Dwellers depending on how tired people are as it is kinda out there as well. Have to see. I kinda just go with whatever everyone else is feeling. It's all very well to plan a big itinerary but from previous experience I've found people, myself included, get tired and just don't want to continue. Not sure which split of Maze we'd do, have had interest from people in going to the Camberwell Junction Gutter box and as that is one of my favorite places I think we could definitely do that.
PM me or post here if you're interested and I'll throw you my number and things.
Cheers, Echo.
By
Heads up for tomorrow if anyone else is interested. So far Jubb and Steamidge are in. Anyone else is welcome. Lemme know.
By
Anyone wanna explore with me. I don't really know any places and I don't want to ask for them but if you wouldn't mind having a complete noob along to see something I'd love to come.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Shadow wrote:Anyone wanna explore with me. I don't really know any places and I don't want to ask for them but if you wouldn't mind having a complete noob along to see something I'd love to come.
I do things quite often around Melbourne. Mostly drains at the moment but occasionally abandoned places as well. Keep checking this thread as I will throw a post up in here if I plan to do something.
By
So just checking if there's any expressions of interest for this weekend. The weather is looking uncertain at the moment with a 20% chance of rain currently forecast for Saturday and 30% for Sunday but still with a top of 29 and less than 0.4mm forecast but that seems to change everyday so I'll probably finalise my plans on Friday. At the moment though I am looking to do some drains. Undecided at the moment but I would like to do 10th and completely walk through The Great Staircase. If the weather does look like rain I'll probably go to some abandoned buildings/bridge rooms instead.
By
Saturday 14th November

Ok so I've been looking at some possible drains, at present time the weekend has no rain forecast. Been trying to formulate a kinda route with minimal walking between the different drains although I think there may be up to 20mins of walking between 10th and the next drain.

Current plan is:
10th (havent done it, not sure what to expect)
20min walk to
Glass Creek via the upstream gatic exiting via the outflow
Tram to (Coles close to where we will be getting the tram from if anyone needs to purchase a refreshment)
Upstream manhole into Mummy proceeding downstream to the outflow
10min walk to
Bad Air (havent done it, not sure what to expect)

Plans are not set in stone, we'll see how everyone is feeling. I might head to GOD after Bad Air but am unsure at present time.

Currently have expressions of interest from Steamidge and PhotographyVIC plus a friend of mine that I used to go to school with.

Things to note:

There is no set timeframe, will probably start somewhere around 10am you may leave at any point.
Glass Creek entrance will involve a kinda wriggle pipe, for anyone that isn't keen on that I'll give you the outflow location and you can meet us there.
The upstream of Mummy involves a lot of stoop, if you're tall you might not have too much fun. CafeCSK can tell you all about just how much fun he had in that part :)
Also as I've said 2 of the drains I would like to do I have not done before, I know where they are but I do not know what the entrance is like, how low it is, how many exits there are. It's all new.

I will have manhole lifters, 2 torches, 3 spare sets of batteries and a marker strictly for signing our names and the date in the drain. I've explored with a number of you before and I'm sure you know what is and what is not liked on explores. I understand a lot of you have your fancy cameras, please understand I am not responsible if something happens to your camera. I can advise you on things but if you slip over or drop your camera in a pool of water or something happens to render it not working, well that is a risk you're taking. Just covering all the bases :)

PM me for my number if you haven't explored with me before and I'll throw it and a starting location to you.
By
----
Last edited by Vicinity on 21 Feb 2016, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IG: zero.given
By
10th is long. Not as good as Mini 10th. Lots more side pipes though, dedicate some time to it.

Bad Air is real stoopy at the outfall but gets bigger and better. There are lots of houses near the outfall, so be discreet.
 Post a reply
Go