Login RegisterFAQ
Melb's Random Meetup Thread - Page 3
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
potplanty wrote:
Bangers wrote:I'm home now, but saw some great stuff whilst I was in Melb, you guys have HEAPS of cool stuff to do there! Maybe next time, and thanks to those who sent messages etc, sorry I couldn't get back to you all...

Cheers!
Well crap. I'll have to hit you up when I come to WA later in the year.
I'm not very familiar with a lot of drain locations in Melbourne and I know better than to ask for them. So if you're feeling daring wanna go into the city loop tunnels with me? I've been part way into them before but was forced to abort because there were a couple of metro maintenance people in there. If you want to go you kinda have to do it sometime in the early hours of the morning when the trains aren't running. Let me know if you're interested or if you have another place you'd like to suggest. Thanks.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Last edited by potplanty on 08 Jun 2016, 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
potplanty wrote:
That would be the worst thing you could do. Since some graffers got caught in there they've beefed up security to the point that you step 10m into any tunnel and you've got cops and security already on their way to meet you. The penalty is huge if you get caught too. Stick to drains.
I was in there November last year. Yeah they've got cameras on the tunnel entrances but pretty damn sure no one is monitoring them cos I was in there a while and got back out unnoticed.
But I only mentioned that because I was actually kinda hoping you'd suggest another place you might like someone to go with you. I've only done ANZAC drain and was kinda hoping that you might know where maze drain is.... I just didn't want to straight out ask you.
By
By
reporting in as a melbourne newbie lurking for abandonments
By
By
be_patient wrote:reporting in as a melbourne newbie lurking for abandonments
Hey guys, this thread is specifically for people to subscribe to via email, so please post here only to arrange last minute meet-ups to avoid spamming them!

be_patient, feel free to create a thread in the new member section
By
Last edited by potplanty on 08 Jun 2016, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
aydun wrote:
be_patient wrote:reporting in as a melbourne newbie lurking for abandonments
Hey guys, this thread is specifically for people to subscribe to via email, so please post here only to arrange last minute meet-ups to avoid spamming them!

be_patient, feel free to create a thread in the new member section
Okey dokey, have moved to private messages :)
By
By
I know this discussion is finished, but as my previous comment was quoted I shall exercise a late right of reply-

15 years ago you could walk right around the city loop pretty easily, but in this post 9/11 world things have changed and I would strongly suggest that you save yourself the trouble that you will find yourself in... Second thing- it's not the best idea posting such intentions in a public forum- big brother is watching.......

I respect your enthusiasm but there's hundreds of smarter places to go for a mission, keep it SAFE and enjoy your Urbex! That's my 2 cents worth....

I must have been in Melb on the quiet week, haha, everyone has started talking again...
The explorer in the west................
By
Bangers wrote:I know this discussion is finished, but as my previous comment was quoted I shall exercise a late right of reply-

15 years ago you could walk right around the city loop pretty easily, but in this post 9/11 world things have changed and I would strongly suggest that you save yourself the trouble that you will find yourself in... Second thing- it's not the best idea posting such intentions in a public forum- big brother is watching.......

I respect your enthusiasm but there's hundreds of smarter places to go for a mission, keep it SAFE and enjoy your Urbex! That's my 2 cents worth....

I must have been in Melb on the quiet week, haha, everyone has started talking again...
Fair enough, your advice is noted.
By
I've got something close to the CBD lined up for tomorrow (monday) night with an off forum urbex buddy if anyone wants to come along.
By
By
Im keen. Pm me some deets if youve got room
By
kontour10 wrote:I've got something close to the CBD lined up for tomorrow (monday) night with an off forum urbex buddy if anyone wants to come along.
hey just saw this. I'm free monday and quite keen to get out and see soemthing new. PM me some details or I can throw you my mobile number if you'd like. But I have no credit so I can only receive, not send, texts.
By
I'm possibly heading out Geelong way to have a look at some stuff on Australia day if anyone is keen.
By
kontour10 wrote:I'm possibly heading out Geelong way to have a look at some stuff on Australia day if anyone is keen.
I'm in Geelong and keen to do something, although to be fair dunno how much interesting stuff your gonna find around Geelong. It's pretty dull. But if you have something in mind I'm down. Got in a bit earlier with my reply this time so should be able to make it if you do decide to do something. Just throw me some details on somewhere to meet/time etc and I'm good to go.
- Echo
By
Still got some room on the Geelong expo tomorrow if anyone is keen.
By
Nevermind... Not going to be free for what I had planned.
By
Im in Melbourne's south east, anyone up for a bit of urbexing tonight?
By
Deadcruiser wrote:Im in Melbourne's south east, anyone up for a bit of urbexing tonight?
I see you've found the meetup thread. :lol:
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:
Deadcruiser wrote:Im in Melbourne's south east, anyone up for a bit of urbexing tonight?
I see you've found the meetup thread. :lol:
haha yup! A friend and myself are off to check out the old paper mill and hopefully get some decent shots
By
Nice, nice. Remember to share photos. :D (Unless it's super duper secret and undiscovered by anyone else.)
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:Nice, nice. Remember to share photos. :D (Unless it's super duper secret and undiscovered by anyone else.)
Got heaps of awesome photos im not allowed to share from an exploration Kontour10, Potplanty and myself did on Australia Day. Sometimes finding super cool locations sucks because you can't share how cool it was with anyone else :(
 Post a reply
Go