Login RegisterFAQ
Melb's Random Meetup Thread - Page 5
 Post a reply
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
phytrix wrote:
Echo wrote:
phytrix wrote:Hm, in that case I may just head up to Sydney or Brisbane, didn't realise Melbourne was so dead.
Sydney has a lot more UEGA members in it and is pretty awesome from what I hear.
Yeah but if I do invest in Brissy I can have my bday up there and catch up with old schoolmates :3
Or I could just stay in Canberra, deal with the shitty weather, have a shitty bday, and experience a weekend of gross overpopulation... hmm
Canberra sounds like fun I reckon. 10/10 would pick Canberra.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
So I'm going to be in Melbourne tomorrow and I'll be doing various drains throughout the day. No really set plan other than I'll be starting with The Wormhole and then going with whatever I feel like. If anyone would like to tag along let me know. Will probably start at around 10am.
By
Hi everyone I'm going to be in Melbourne area later this week and would like for someone to show me the Victorian urbex scene I'm a Brisbane explorer and would like to catch up with anyone who is free
There is always a way in.
By
Hidden_world wrote:Hi everyone I'm going to be in Melbourne area later this week and would like for someone to show me the Victorian urbex scene I'm a Brisbane explorer and would like to catch up with anyone who is free
What days are you planning to be down there?
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
Echo wrote:So I'm going to be in Melbourne tomorrow and I'll be doing various drains throughout the day. No really set plan other than I'll be starting with The Wormhole and then going with whatever I feel like. If anyone would like to tag along let me know. Will probably start at around 10am.
Hope it went well, I've been in Bunnings and cooking today... Now to head north to check out a place
By
Hidden_world wrote:Hi everyone I'm going to be in Melbourne area later this week and would like for someone to show me the Victorian urbex scene I'm a Brisbane explorer and would like to catch up with anyone who is free
I will be free. I primarily do drains, if the weather is nice I'd be happy to show you a few.
By
Crispex wrote:
Echo wrote:So I'm going to be in Melbourne tomorrow and I'll be doing various drains throughout the day. No really set plan other than I'll be starting with The Wormhole and then going with whatever I feel like. If anyone would like to tag along let me know. Will probably start at around 10am.
Hope it went well, I've been in Bunnings and cooking today... Now to head north to check out a place
Cancelled it due to rain been forecast for the afternoon and I couldn't be bothered coming into Melbourne. Just having a nice quiet weekend in Geelong.
By
phytrix wrote:
What days are you planning to be down there?
I'm currently in Sydney but if the weather doesn't clear up I can head down at any date
There is always a way in.
By
Echo wrote:
Crispex wrote:
Cancelled it due to rain been forecast for the afternoon and I couldn't be bothered coming into Melbourne. Just having a nice quiet weekend in Geelong.
Yeah forecast got it way wrong today :(
By
Crispex wrote: Yeah forecast got it way wrong today :(
Did it end up raining?
By
Echo wrote:
Did it end up raining?
Nope, nothing. Bit warm actually.
By
Crispex wrote:
Echo wrote:
Did it end up raining?
Nope, nothing. Bit warm actually.
f*** Melbourne weather....
By
Hi Im new to urban exploring in Melbourne and I am wanting to know when the next tour will be on
By
Wyatt1 wrote:Hi Im new to urban exploring in Melbourne and I am wanting to know when the next tour will be on
We don't have "tours" persay. If you're interested in exploring with someone I suggest you make an intro thread and then if people like you they may invite you along on an expo.
Assuming you make an intro thread I may be happy to show you some things.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Wyatt1 wrote:Hi Im new to urban exploring in Melbourne and I am wanting to know when the next tour will be on
UEGA sometimes runs expos, but honestly not all that often. If you're new to urban exploration and want to go with a group, you can always get in contact with the Melbourne branch of the Cave Clan. They run newbie expos every couple of months :)
By
wyatt1 wrote:-
phytrix wrote:They run newbie expos every couple of months :)
Yeah could try CC but be prepared for a wait. Took 1.5 months for them to respond to my email and a further 1.5 months for the newbies expo to go ahead. But they're a great bunch, so assuming you're 18+ I'd recommend giving it a go.
By
Echo wrote:Yeah could try CC but be prepared for a wait. Took 1.5 months for them to respond to my email and a further 1.5 months for the newbies expo to go ahead. But they're a great bunch, so assuming you're 18+ I'd recommend giving it a go.
You think 6 weeks is bad, I've been waiting over 6 months, and even then I'll have to travel inter-state to attend a newbies :p
There's one coming up in Sydney in a few weeks, though, so I think I'll attend that and then try to get consideration for membership through some kind of extenuating circumstances. Not sure if that's at all a possibility, but it's worth a try I reckon.
By
phytrix wrote:
Echo wrote:Yeah could try CC but be prepared for a wait. Took 1.5 months for them to respond to my email and a further 1.5 months for the newbies expo to go ahead. But they're a great bunch, so assuming you're 18+ I'd recommend giving it a go.
You think 6 weeks is bad, I've been waiting over 6 months, and even then I'll have to travel inter-state to attend a newbies :p
There's one coming up in Sydney in a few weeks, though, so I think I'll attend that and then try to get consideration for membership through some kind of extenuating circumstances. Not sure if that's at all a possibility, but it's worth a try I reckon.
Mhmm Sydclan runs a bit differently to Melbclan.
By
As we're heading into the s*** part of the year for weather, anyone keen on checking out some above ground stuff?
I'm keen for rooftops, but abandos would be sweet as well.
Feel free to pm me if you prefer :)

Spudley.
By
--
Last edited by Vicinity on 05 Nov 2015, 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IG: zero.given
By
Im up for anything, rooftop, abandoned, drains, just want other people to go with. I've only been to a few abandoned buildings probably well known ones so haven't much to offer but I like exploring and taking photos
By
--
Last edited by Vicinity on 05 Nov 2015, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
GOD DAMMIT!
Spewing I missed this due to not being able to log into the site on my phone!
I totally would have been there.
By
--
Last edited by Vicinity on 05 Nov 2015, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
yep! absolutely spewing.

how was it anyway?
 Post a reply
Go