Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I had a good one over the weekend and it made me think, what's the best/worst urbex facepalm you've had?

Tonka and I went exploring Goulburn and surrounds over the weekend, while we were scouting around town and I noticed a beautiful old smoke stack and abandoned looking factory a few fields over. We drove around and finally found the road leading there. As we drove down to the factory we realised that we were in the middle of the Police training centre, in fact the abandoned looking factory buildings were actually the dorms.

Tonka was pissing herself at the thought that we were looking to 'enter' a not so abandoned police cadet dorm. FACEPALM!

I still want to know what's with the random smoke stack.
You can't walk along a barbed wire fence with a foot in each paddock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94677994@N03/
By
Haha, nice one!

I was working in a facilty (legit) but decided to explore around for a basement/utility tunnel, when a door I went through closed and locked behind me :/
Awkward phone call.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
HAHA Nuggs! I was in the Brisbane Conservatory of Music place and I was trying to enter the orchestra pit or at least something underneath this entire building. Some friends followed me down. Managed to get locked underneath the concert hall. There was me and another guy, and two girls... A very awkward explanation had to be made to the cleaner!!!!!
Nothing happened tho
Spades
By
One year when we were locking up some bunkers as a prank caveclan came early and there was over 50 of them, had to hide laying flat down in bushes for 2 hours till it was clear to leave, and this was with oxy gear and tools etc also, lol
By
I heard about a guy going to a PM expo in the AM :P
By
Timon wrote:One year when we were locking up some bunkers as a prank caveclan came early and there was over 50 of them, had to hide laying flat down in bushes for 2 hours till it was clear to leave, and this was with oxy gear and tools etc also, lol
lol dunno about oxy, but it took less than 30 secs to hacksaw through those bolts you fitted. And that bodgie alarm system you set up failed (the 12v battery came in usefull though, thanks).
Funny thing is you were technically still a CC member then but after the Cronulla incident people (including myself) were looking for an excuse to boot you. And they got it when word got out that you attempted to lock us out of those bunkers during the GTAs, so in the end you played a 'prank' on yourself. :)

And I don't think you did it as a prank, nobody would put in that much effort (you spent hours & money doing that) just for a prank that was not funny in any way. If it was a prank you wouldn't have needed to hide in the bushes for 2 hours (lol), you would have come out & said something like "ha got ya's!".
And you forgot to mention that you showed up dressed in your fake NPWS ranger uniform the early next morning & told people sleeping there to leave the bunker. And even though they had nowhere else to go to crash, they left because they were interstaters who didn't want to push their luck with the authorities.

But that's ancient history now, I was just setting the facts straight.

As for facepalm moments...one time we spent 2 hours trying to infiltrate WBPS & then almost killed ourselves getting in (via a second floor window) only find an unlocked door at ground level on our way out.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
As an outsider, it is actually funny :)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
It's even funnier because he went to all that effort :lol:
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:As an outsider, it is actually funny :)
The whole situation was funny, no doubting that, but it was no prank.
He was just trying to be a kunt, and it was all in vain. And (I presume) that is why it was a Facepalm moment for him.
By
Indeed!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
What about the time on a SydClan expo where they couldn't get by a locked door so Scarecrow did all these ninja back-flips, shimmied up walls and stuff and then slipped into a window, Made his way back to the door, opened it to the huzzahs of his fellow explorers only to have the door blow shut behind him :)

Something like that anyway.
Last edited by dougo on 27 Jun 2013, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
Haha, completely forgot about that.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
That won an award.
By
blakjak wrote:That won an award.
Funniest Situation at The Clannies I think...
By
blakjak wrote:
He was just trying to be a kunt, and it was all in vain. And (I presume) that is why it was a Facepalm moment for him.
lol it wasn't the only year we did that prank, and it was funny we all laughed about it, little money spent and some time wasted for a laugh, no biggy.
it was all scrap steel we used we did not go out and buy any of it, heh
By
Timon wrote:
blakjak wrote:
lol it wasn't the only year we did that prank, and it was funny we all laughed about it, little money spent and some time wasted for a laugh, no biggy.
it was all scrap steel we used we did not go out and buy any of it, heh
That explains why you were still a virgin well into your 20s lol. :)
By
You have to admit, that sounds pretty ironic from someone who goes in drains. :lol: :lol:
By
LoL
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
All fun and games :)
By
aydun wrote:You have to admit, that sounds pretty ironic from someone who goes in drains. :lol: :lol:
I'm guessing you haven't heard of the Clangirls. :)
By
blakjak wrote:
aydun wrote:You have to admit, that sounds pretty ironic from someone who goes in drains. :lol: :lol:
I'm guessing you haven't heard of the Clangirls. :)
By
A drain, 5 girls, 1 guy, and a blow up doll, Now THATS a party!
You can't walk along a barbed wire fence with a foot in each paddock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94677994@N03/
By
Not a drain, but the night of nights in Sydney; the Golden Torch Awards.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
By
*photoshop
acually is nuggs
My Explores
 Post a reply
Go