Login RegisterFAQ
Next Brisbane Tour - July 2013
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Since I missed out on the last two tours I'd like to gauge interest for another one next month.

I can think of a few places around the city I'd like to explore (above ground) but am not sure about access and security.

Open discussion for times and areas to explore
By
Sounds good, i havent done any topside yet. I know of an interesting place. Ill do a topic on that later. :) weekend wise im free after the 6 th.
By
Barnz wrote:Sounds good, i havent done any topside yet. I know of an interesting place. Ill do a topic on that later. :) weekend wise im free after the 6 th.
I'm actually really keen for the abandoned fire tower!

I'm on leave until the 6th, then back at work for a mix of 6a-2p shifts (available arvos and evenings) and 2p-10p shifts (available after 10p)
By
I'd be keen. Most weekends are fine with me as long as it's late arvo/night time. City topside stuff sounds interesting!
By
By
That fire tower is still there as of September last year. Nice drive up there, and you can see the whole city on a clear day.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Yeah its been about a year since I've been there (I found it by mistake!), I only did it at night - when its windy its horrifying!!!
By
Having grown up in the country I've climbed a fire tower or 10... Yeah they rock 'n roll something fierce on a windy day :o
By
Moose wrote:I'm really keen for this: http://sleepycity.net/posts/28/Night-Ph ... irs-EXPAND

And there's also an old abandoned carpark over near Charlotte St tht is apparently popular that I haven't been to yet..

Anything left in that mentioned carpark ? Or is it just an open space with nothing there ?
By
I'm keen! Should be available most arvos/nights etc.
By
Titan wrote:
Moose wrote:I'm really keen for this: http://sleepycity.net/posts/28/Night-Ph ... irs-EXPAND

And there's also an old abandoned carpark over near Charlotte St tht is apparently popular that I haven't been to yet..

Anything left in that mentioned carpark ? Or is it just an open space with nothing there ?
Place feels like it's ready to collapse at any moment, very damp. Cool old timber ramps and awesome artwork. There's also plenty of asbestos, pigeon s*** and used condoms.

By
That's the one. I finally found it, just haven't been in yet
By
I'm keen for some topside things, I've heard a lot about this car park, but as of yet I haven't been inside.
By
I'm keen for some topside. Will have to be weekends for me, can't do 13-14th July though
By
I'm good for
This weekend coming Sat 29th and Sun 30th June any time
Sat 06th any time Sun 07th after 10pm
Sat 13th and Sun 14th but must be finished before 10pm
Sat 27th and 28th any time

Anyone else???
By
I'm thinking I'm good this weekend, but next weekend should be good also
By
I'm all good for Saturdays at the moment, unless something changes.
By
So who wants to set a date to commit to for this? I'm keen as to get out for a look. Still good for weekends as long as its late in the day, only upcoming date I can't do is fri 19th july.
I don't really have any commitments so I'm happy to work around those who do.
Ideas anyone?
By
Dynamite wrote:So who wants to set a date to commit to for this? I'm keen as to get out for a look. Still good for weekends as long as its late in the day, only upcoming date I can't do is fri 19th july.
I don't really have any commitments so I'm happy to work around those who do.
Ideas anyone?
Do we want to vote on either Sat the 20th or Sun the 21st??
By
Sat 20th is cool with me :)
By
Im keen, I've been to the tower last week its still there, heres a link to some pics i took a few weeks ago of it http://imgur.com/a/KrxBE
By
coothatower wrote:Im keen, I've been to the tower last week its still there, heres a link to some pics i took a few weeks ago of it http://imgur.com/a/KrxBE
Cool pics! I went the the other night but it started to rain so did given bother getting out of the car
By
Sat 20th is good for me, during the day?
By
20th is good. Any preference for starting time and location or have a bit of an itinerary in mind?

I'd like to do the fire tower, possibly the old carpark, Toadie is an old favourite, perhaps Gabba darkie too. [Don't have to do them all in one day obviously :)]

Other suggestions?
By
The tower is pretty fun and Mt Nebo road is a fun drive. Im open for any drains as i haven't done many in Brisbane.
 Post a reply
Go